Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By DaveinGermany
  • 3 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2016, 18:05   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Had A day of Pseudo Irish.

Actually they were pikers, over here and from what I could see working hard because I couldn't afford to do what they did, putting their children through confirmation.

it looked like they spent a fortune on their girls dresses making it special, they all seemed to be enjoying themselves, I was enjoying myself except...

...One heck of alot of the disco seemed to be Patriotic Irish music, (none of which was kind to the British) fairy nuff, you want to be a patriot, why aren't you in Ireland?

The little girls looked lovely, well decked out in white, proud of what they were up to, however why should a group of four of these miniature Angels wander around the pub asking the innocent folk for money? When they got to me I suggested that their parents had obviously paid a fortune dressing them up and putting on a bit of a do, could they need anything from me?

They seemed to think I should make a contribution, they left disappointed.

I left the pub, I don't need the hassle.
Gremlin likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2016, 19:36   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Had A day of Pseudo Irish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
however why should a group of four of these miniature Angels wander around the pub asking the innocent folk for money?
That's shocking that! At one time at least they'd sell you "Lucky Heather" or some pegs to make a few bob or two.
Old 29-03-2016, 19:43   #3

Not even real pikers then obviously!
Old 29-03-2016, 21:16   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Not even real pikers then obviously!
If they're not trying to fleece you for something or other with some sort of perceived reward, then no.
Old 29-03-2016, 21:49   #5

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Actually they were pikers, over here and from what I could see working hard because I couldn't afford to do what they did, putting their children through confirmation.

it looked like they spent a fortune on their girls dresses making it special, they all seemed to be enjoying themselves, I was enjoying myself except...

...One heck of alot of the disco seemed to be Patriotic Irish music, (none of which was kind to the British) fairy nuff, you want to be a patriot, why aren't you in Ireland?

The little girls looked lovely, well decked out in white, proud of what they were up to, however why should a group of four of these miniature Angels wander around the pub asking the innocent folk for money? When they got to me I suggested that their parents had obviously paid a fortune dressing them up and putting on a bit of a do, could they need anything from me?

They seemed to think I should make a contribution, they left disappointed.

I left the pub, I don't need the hassle.
M’kay..

I’m guessing that they had been working harder than those English derelicts that frequent the upper regions of Warner Street or this epitome of the English rose

Blackburn woman branded 'filthy and disgusting' for spitting in the face of job centre security guard (From )

They seemed to enjoy themselves…having a few beers and a laugh on an English bank holiday like these English revellers

Fight involving fans and Salford Red Devils players breaks out at rugby match | Sport | The Guardian

They were playing patriotic music in a foreign country..oh dear..better tell those nasty English not to sing any patriotic stuff at the next World Cup or Olympics

Music not kind to the British…oh dear (yet again)…after all those wonderful things that the British brought to the Irish.

Giving money to kids that have been confirmed is a tradition, albeit a dying one…kinda like bob-a-job, penny for the guy and putting a silver coin under the pillow of the pram of a newborn

Stereotyping for cheap laughs is so easy ain’t it?....

Next time you want to take a racial pop, you ferret breeding, flat cap wearing, clog dancing, pigeon fancying, matchstick man with your matchstick dog….think on, because those pseudo Irish actually pity you..

8 things we Irish really think of our English neighbors
Old 30-03-2016, 06:34   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Next time you want to take a racial pop, you ferret breeding, flat cap wearing, clog dancing, pigeon fancying, matchstick man with your matchstick dog….think on, because those pseudo Irish actually pity you..
Ooh! Someone's a little tetchy, you also forgot to add Big fat, baldy headed & Beer swilling! There, that should complete the racial stereotyping of the English male of the species.

As to giving money to the one being confirmed, I was led to believe that was just family & friends who gave, not total strangers, aye well, you live & learn.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 30-03-2016, 07:10   #7

Not sure why the girls, their parents and all, were in the pub after the children had just been confirmed. Things must have changed a lot since my day. Or am I reading this wrong?
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 08:37   #8

Quote:

Stereotyping for cheap laughs is so easy ain’t it?....

Well my darlin' little bogtrotter I wasn't after cheap laughs, I wasn't even talking about the true Irish, I know they already have their own problems with the pikers.

If however you wish to be offended on behalf of the real Irish feel free, I will continue to be offended by the travellers (the Irish won't call them Gypsies they haven't earned the title) that come here claiming to be Irish through and through, in actual fact the real Irish are glad to see the back of them and if they could send us the rest of them they wouldn't hesitate.
Old 01-04-2016, 14:58   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Next time you wish to post guinness, try it sober.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 03-04-2016, 19:43   #10
God Member

i dont want to seem picky but Guinness used English people singing English songs in England as a counter measure to Irish people singing anti British songs in England ..

i guess he thinks its wrong to be English in England

just like most left wing idiots

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 23:11   #11

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont want to seem picky but Guinness used English people singing English songs in England as a counter measure to Irish people singing anti British songs in England ..

i guess he thinks its wrong to be English in England

just like most left wing idiots
I’m open to debate, open to argument, don’t mind being given grief because of my opinions..what I do take exception to is being called an idiot by someone who clearly lacks any semblance of intelligence!

Obviously the title of the youtube link beginning with the words ‘FRANCE’ and ‘MARSEILLE’ didn’t swing it for him, nor, if his attention span allowed, did reading the associated precis stating that it was English fans fighting in Marseille, nor did the bits of the film showing French shops and police permeate his anti-alien tinfoil helmet.

It's not wrong to be English in England, you can be English in any country you damn well like, my point, in using this video, was that the Irish (and it doesn’t matter if they are ‘real’, ‘traveller’ or ‘expat’) were being berated for playing a few rebel songs at a confirmation disco, whereas the English pull down their trousers, throw stones, disrupt life and pretty much thumb their noses at the rule of law in a foreign country because of a sport.
Old 10-08-2016, 19:57   #12

Quote:
It's not wrong to be English in England,
Wish you had been with me today, you would have seen the pikers, (not the Irish) at their best, It was even suggested by the Landlord as we walked into the place, that the 'English' went through to the smoking area, 'just to be safe'.

I for one stayed at the bar.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..