Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 10:55   #16
God Member

Re: Had Enough

I love Accy web - and it provides a really valuable service, in so many ways.

Please reconsider, Mick.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 11:21   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members.
Who?

I think that if you're going to post accusations, specifying they were 'one of the most long serving members' on here, you should name them. Otherwise it could just be seen as muck raking. Which this thread isn't about.

Since I've never received a warning/ban from a moderator, concerning yourself, I'm glad to say it won't be me.

When I've had a problem, both online and off, Mick's been there to help me, on more than one occasion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Who?
Scrub that.

This isn't the thread for naming names, and causing more trouble.

Fine to mention you feel you were insulted, and hopefully had the problem dealt with succesfully by the moderators. I just think it was totally uncalled for to mention they were one of the longest serving members on here, which points the finger at one of about ten people. Which is uncalled for.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:00   #19
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Its far more than 10 people and i don't think its any secret to who as its happened a number of times on a number of threads. Eventually it was a step too far and was dealt with by the Mods. It hasn't happened since andd that is why we do have a lot of respect for Mick and the other Mods.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:33   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

political threads will always become emotive and as long as personal insults are avoided i see no issue with them becoming heated. If they were in a poltical section then people could easily avoid them if that isn't your thing in the same way i don't look at most of the stanley stuff.

However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members. In my opinion a short ban ( as used to happen, i specifically recall, tadah, flashy and others suffering these) and repeat offendors being banned for life( we have examples of this as well.

mick is a good Mod and I hope he reconsiders, perhaps after so long he just needs a break and to let some of the others take the strain for a while.

I would'nt like to get nicked with you Entwisi.. wee'd end up getting life with no parole! talk about "chirpy chirpy"

Last edited by Mancie; 04-08-2009 at 12:37.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 14:12   #21
God Member

perhaps a more common sense no nonsense approach is whats needed in this world.....

I don't hide my views on how I would deal with crime but this thread is not about that.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 14:15   #22
Resting in Peace

Well. I 'aint gonna' beg ..

but :

katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 14:21   #23

[quote=katex;733323]Well. I 'aint gonna' beg ..

but :

Oh you little beggar Kate

Anyway if he did go who would supervise the research at the Railway
Old 04-08-2009, 14:23   #24

Mick, have a break from it all mate, get someone else in to help out or wait till Roy is back then have a long break.

I have been in your shoes before & its a thankless volunteer task that is never appreciated well enough.

Your the boss, you use your size 10's when needed!
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 15:21   #25

As a recently new member but an avid reader of the site, I would like to congratulate the mods on keeping this site sensible and a pleasure to read. When I asked for some advice recently when I was coming back 'home' for a break, I could not have been treated better by forum members, thank you. I subscribe, very occasionally now, to a site where I live, manxforums.com and find that as soon as a sensible or decent post starts there is always, to be polite, some ***hole who wants to throw a sarcastic or abusive comment in and when criticised just comes back with 'get a sense of humour or life'. I have wandered a bit, put that down to age, but what I want to say is that this site is excellent and well run, so, if you are thinking of giving up, think again please, I would miss the sensible well moderated forums (and the occasional laugh also)
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 15:34   #26
God Member

well said oldclaytonian..and something we all strive for.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 15:36   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Please allow me to advise those that have upset Mick,

He is far too valuable to the site than the sum of the rest of us, accyweb has been left in his control with almost complete power by Roy because he can be trusted.

I suggest that anyone that may have upset him recently sends a P.M. apologising for the harm they have done to a person that can only be described as a wonderful gentle, man.

accyweb has had good and bad times, Mick has always been here for the rest of us.

Just think, if Mick is forced to continue along this line after over 6 years of none stop Moderating/Administration, Roy might just panic and replace him with me! Now that is a situation that the other mods would not tolerate and we don't need.

Keep Mick, stop giving him hassle, and enjoy accyweb, you know it makes sense.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 15:41   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Scrub that.

This isn't the thread for naming names, and causing more trouble.

Fine to mention you feel you were insulted, and hopefully had the problem dealt with succesfully by the moderators. I just think it was totally uncalled for to mention they were one of the longest serving members on here, which points the finger at one of about ten people. Which is uncalled for.
I apologise Entwisi. You are entitled to say whatever you like, and I remember you did receive abuse. It's just that I don't often read those theads it happened in.

Sorry.

Sorry for thread wandering.

Who but St. Michael could keep us in order on here?

No one.

Please stay Mick.

What about if we all promise to start at least one daft thread per week?

Old 04-08-2009, 15:54   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Please allow me to advise those that have upset Mick,

He is far too valuable to the site than the sum of the rest of us, accyweb has been left in his control with almost complete power by Roy because he can be trusted.

I suggest that anyone that may have upset him recently sends a P.M. apologising for the harm they have done to a person that can only be described as a wonderful gentle, man.
You're quite right.

I reported a thread late last night.

I've just pm'd Mick to apologise incase it was that that sent him over the edge, when he logged on to do his work here this morning.

He is much too valuable a person to lose.

If it was me I'd honestly rather be banned for life, than for him to stop moderating Accy Web.

Old 04-08-2009, 17:18   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Roy might just panic and replace him with me! Now that is a situation that the other mods would not tolerate and we don't need.
Sounds like fun Less.

I am not saying you should stay Mick, it is up to you to decide if you want to or not. If you need to stop being a mod then you should no matter what other say. This place would not be the same without you though.

All those who are saying please stay should IMHO leave it to Mick to decide what he wants to do. Only he knows how he feels about it.

I always thought they did it wrong in the Stanley section with the mods being unknown. I can now see that maybe it is a good thing to have a few unknown mods so people who get posts deleted, banned etc don't know who to blame and abuse.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..