Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 20:20   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Had Enough

Mick isn't the only who has threatened to quit ,believe me, and it was him who persuaded me to stay when I was on the receiving end of threats and personal insults. There are some folk on here who will not learn from a fortnight ban or a slap on the wrist, folk who are vitriolic and sometimes downright horrible. I have learnt not to take it personally but it's a shame these people can't see the damage that they do, maybe they would think twice and mind their own business instead of invading other people's lives.
Rant over.
Please stay Mick!
Old 04-08-2009, 20:58   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
There are some folk on here who will not learn from a fortnight ban or a slap on the wrist, folk who are vitriolic and sometimes downright horrible.
One way to teach 'em. Ban 'em for life!
Old 04-08-2009, 21:00   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One way to teach 'em. Ban 'em for life!
If it was up to me Wyn, believe me I would! Sadly the downside of moderating under your own name is that you are easy to find, I value my health and have to consider my family. Sounds extreme but it's not!
Old 04-08-2009, 21:06   #49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
If it was up to me Wyn, believe me I would! Sadly the downside of moderating under your own name is that you are easy to find, I value my health and have to consider my family. Sounds extreme but it's not!
I know there's some volatile characters on here, but never realised there were people like that, Lindsay. No wonder Mick's fed up!
Old 04-08-2009, 21:25   #50
I am Band

I'm very sorry that you feel the way you do, Mick.

Don't let the bullies get you down.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 21:51   #51

mick. just stay not be the same without you. you help all who need it. only met once but i feel i can call you a friend cheer's ray.
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 23:28   #52
Senior Member+

I say bring out the Ban Hammer ...
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:24   #53
Resting in Peace

Well this is a surprise i meant to put my post up as a statement and close the thread but i must have forgot or one of the other mods saw it and opened it.
Thank you all for your support and help i am feeling a lot better today
i had a chat with a few members yesterday and not just the ones in the railway
i really enjoy the site and i have always liked helping people but there are some you just cant help
as i said in the first post i have made a lot of good new friends in the years i have been on here and don't like it when i loose them through arguing and other things anyway things are a whole lot better now.
There is one member who i have had to slap there hands on more than 6 occasions that has posted in this thread in support of me which really surprised me and has really got to me to them a special thank you you know who you are

Last edited by Mick; 05-08-2009 at 05:30.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16   #54
Beacon of light

Mick, I am glad you are feeling in a better frame of mind.
I am sure all of the people who have posted, and sung your praises, can't be wrong.

It just goes to show, that sometimes we need to give the backroom guys a round of applause for the stuff they do.

Thanks Mick. You are a star!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25   #55
God Member

I am glad you are feeling better about this Mick, and hope the people who helped cause this are capable of realising who they are, and curb it, threats of any kind, via a forum are despicable, see you at the meet Mick, and dont forget the pink t shirt
Old 05-08-2009, 08:07   #56
Senior Member+

Glad you are feeling better about the situation Mick. I think that the posts on this thread demonstrates the high esteem in which the majority hold you - With Regards
Old 05-08-2009, 08:11   #57

whoooooooopppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........still got a full compliment at the railway.......
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad yer feeling a bit better mate, think i can say that fer many people.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:22   #59

WHHHHOOOOPPPPEEEE!!!! I should think so too. This is where you belong
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34   #60
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It's not fair, you raised the hopes of a long standing member who has always had ambitions to be a mod, (no, not me, I wouldn't touch the job for a gold clock), but I bet he/she is most disappointed about you staying on.

Ah well, never mind whoever you are, (we both know), better luck next time.

Glad you're staying for many reasons but the main one being you are perfect for the job.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..