Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 08:52   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Had Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's not fair, you raised the hopes of a long standing member who has always had ambitions to be a mod, (no, not me, I wouldn't touch the job for a gold clock), but I bet he/she is most disappointed about you staying on.

Ah well, never mind whoever you are, (we both know), better luck next time.

Glad you're staying for many reasons but the main one being you are perfect for the job.
Its marvelous how Less always comes up with a true and down to earth statement, your right Less there are many reasons for mick staying and as you quite rightly said the main reason is that he's perfect for the job
Old 05-08-2009, 18:19   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well this is a surprise i meant to put my post up as a statement and close the thread but i must have forgot or one of the other mods saw it and opened it.
Thank you all for your support and help i am feeling a lot better today
i had a chat with a few members yesterday and not just the ones in the railway
i really enjoy the site and i have always liked helping people but there are some you just cant help
as i said in the first post i have made a lot of good new friends in the years i have been on here and don't like it when i loose them through arguing and other things anyway things are a whole lot better now.
There is one member who i have had to slap there hands on more than 6 occasions that has posted in this thread in support of me which really surprised me and has really got to me to them a special thank you you know who you are
Does this mean you're staying? Hope so, you do a brilliant job and it is very, very much appreaciated.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 19:45   #63
Senior Member+

I personally would hate to see you leave Mick.Without any names being mentioned I think we all can guess who the people are, as the ones I have in mind havent posted in this thread.
I know you do a thankless task,but you moderate fair IMHO.Please reconsider mate and obviously I'm not the only one who feels the same way.
Old 05-08-2009, 20:15   #64
God Member

Quote:
It's not fair, you raised the hopes of a long standing member who has always had ambitions to be a mod, (no, not me, I wouldn't touch the job for a gold clock), but I bet he/she is most disappointed about you staying on.

Glad you're staying for many reasons but the main one being you are perfect for the job.
This is the first and probably the only time I will agree with Less.
I have been sanctioned twice, probably with good reason. Mick has a good point of which I agree, if anyone threatens, for whatever reason, total ban.
Glad your staying Mick and Cashies sig has a positive meaning. DLTBGYD.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 21:17   #65
God Member

Quote:

Well, I'm not disappointed that Mick is stopping on - he's perfect for the job, far fairer than most of us could ever be.

As it happens, I pm'd Mick with an offer of help or support, but as Mick has quite rightly decided to keep on going, I don't have to put my money where my mouth is, so's to speak. The main problem with being a mod is that you have to stop posting in some of the more controversial threads, and those are the ones I like most.

Just one thing though - I thought pm's were supposed to be private. So, you're probably NOT refering to MY pm to Mick, are you Less?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 23:06   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

you aint a long standing member gayle, only bin around as long as me, were newbies.
Old 05-08-2009, 23:25   #67
God Member

Blimey I turn my head for 5 mins and omg!!!!
Mick I have read this thread with not only dissapointment but also relief.

Im dissapointed that anyone could possibly threaten you and I think thats bloody awful. and who ever these people are then they should be ashamed of themselves.

You have done a fantastic job on here Mick and for Accyweb and Roy to lose you would be the day it would fall appart.
Yeah sure it would prob pick itself up again but it would never be the same IMO .

You are the Mod of all Mods and yes you are the best AW has got. Thing is you cant please everyone all of the time , Blimey even Ive been miffed with you at times , but that dont mean I want you ousted out.or to leave

I stay away from AW when things cheese me off but I also know no matter how long I stay away you are at the end of the phone should I need any help or advice.

Im glad you feel better mick and I hope you dont leave. Despite the few mongrels on here that are hell bent on making life a misery for others ,Just remember there are many many more that far outdo them

Accyweb has some wonderful and very genuine members and at the end of the day you have become friends with most of them.

So jump back on the rollercoaster and get some modding done
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:37   #68
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

Just one thing though - I thought pm's were supposed to be private. So, you're probably NOT refering to MY pm to Mick, are you Less?
No Gayle, I wasn't referring to you, so far as I know your P.M. had remained private until now, (you and your big mouth), as indeed is any modding that Mick does, the most he has mentioned to me was the great support he had been given by a large number of members.

Last edited by Less; 06-08-2009 at 01:44.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:23   #69
God Member

Good to read you are staying onboard , think you do a thankless/great job .

and for Lindsay Ormerod , like your style/sense of humour , and as Cashy's sig. says DLTBGYD (still think your 'opposable thumbs' post was one of the best, alongside one of garindas about NuLabour ,mushy peas and guacamole , two priceless gems )

Last edited by steeljack; 06-08-2009 at 06:27.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56   #70
Beacon of light

I do so hate it when people allude to things that I can't work out.......(someone, a long standing member, having delusions of grandeur at becoming a MOD if Mick vacated his job)

Being a bear of little brain, I can't work out who this might be......and while I know, Less, that you can mention no names(for obvious reasons)....it causes my brain(the little I've got) to ache.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I do so hate it when people allude to things that I can't work out.......(someone, a long standing member, having delusions of grandeur at becoming a MOD if Mick vacated his job)

Being a bear of little brain, I can't work out who this might be......and while I know, Less, that you can mention no names(for obvious reasons)....it causes my brain(the little I've got) to ache.
Thats a relief Margaret, now I know I'm not on my own
Old 06-08-2009, 08:46   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

reckon i know, would put money on it.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:47   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
reckon i know, would put money on it.
Stop teasing
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12   #74
God Member

you're def not alone margaret and cashy... I wondered that too and also the person Mick was alluding to being suprised at them joining in this thread when they have obviously caused probs in the past... oh hum

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:49   #75
Senior Member+

I dont think he would be allowed to leave Accyweb my mum wouldnt allow it, i mean how long would she be able to put up with him grumping about the house? he wouldnt be able to go on accyweb coz every post he looked at he would still be scanning in mod mode and want to move and delete and close threads and he just wouldnt have the buttons to do it lol.

Glad your staying dad (for everyones sanity lol) xxx
see we all love you.xx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..