Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 23:50   #1
God Member

had to happen eventualy i guess

3 poor car owners fell victim to the exit from tesco express tuesday evening making a right mess of all cars involved.How tesco got permission to build there in the first place is a joke it was a clear hazzard from the begining yet also nothing done to ensure safety.The old lane down by the side has become a death alley where people as well as children can no longer walk safely because of idiots speeding down when they realise theres no parking spaces on tescos carpark and the exit on to union road is usualy blocked by somones long range 4x4 making the exit narrower plus the constant parking up of taxis blocking the view of the road outside the pub.Then theres articulated waggons making deliveries to a mini store with a carpark shorter than the waggon which have made short work of the new walls put in place and you can find yourself trapped on the carpark for ages if your unlicky enough to be in the store when deliveries are been made.It did used to be a fire station but vehicles leaving that had the advantage of sirens and flashing blue lights to get them out of that junction alive.

ironicly up near pet warehouse theres a church whos carpark is never used and twice the size yet chained up to prevent anyone using it ( god can be selfish) and not realy that may people going into it either.Maybe tescos and god should house swap

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 01-02-2011 at 23:53.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2011, 00:36   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: had to happen eventualy i guess

Actually went there myself at about 8.20 p.m. Wondered why the Police 4 x 4 was parked l.h.s. near to exit to Union Road. Did appear they were doing a report of some sort. Was a car parked perilously on the corner Union Road and past, was bad to get out.

Was room in the car park when I went, but another 4 x 4 had parked next to me whilst I was in the store, and had to tuck in my wing mirror and breathe in deep to get in my car .. good job am slim. Had gone in forward stupidly, backing out was car parked across .. but again, after a few manoeuvres .. not really a problem (I am extremely tolerant).

Isn't good though, Accyman, see what you mean.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:03   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Most of the problems are caused be intolerant drivers who won't let cars on or off the car park. It does have busy spells where there are no spaces to park, that's when you can see how rude and how poorly some people can park.

Cars pull out of Harvey street at dangerous speed then find cars pulling into/out of Tesco. It is a bad place for a car park but it can be just as hard to get on/off the co-op car park when its busy.

The worst thing is cars coming off the car park without looking if a car is coming up the straits.
Old 02-02-2011, 19:03   #4
God Member

Did they ever consider hat trouble there could be at peak times with a full car park? Went a couple of times when down but to me it seems the lay out if thats what you can call it carpark roads etc is bonkers.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 21:51   #5
Junior Member+

Our Scout hut is at the bottom of the Straights, and when I try to drive down there, drivers coming out of Tesco automatically assume that I am going onto the car park and pull out in front of me.

Were they not supposed to be extending the car park into the yard at the side or have i go that wrong?
Old 02-02-2011, 22:11   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDee View Post
Our Scout hut is at the bottom of the Straights, and when I try to drive down there, drivers coming out of Tesco automatically assume that I am going onto the car park and pull out in front of me.

Were they not supposed to be extending the car park into the yard at the side or have i go that wrong?
i dont know but i heard they looked into putting a petrol station there but were refused because it would be too close to the pub.Either way any local person looking over teh plans when they were suggested would clearly have been able to see the dangerous aspects of putting a minimarket there with a car park or at least insisted that tesco put towards making the access safer.At the vey least either side of the junction leading to union road should be ballarded to prevent vehicles especialy taxis and lorrys blocking the view when exiting as the lines put there to stop this and the laws saying you shouldnt park on corners are been clearly ignored and are causing accidents

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:58   #7
Resting in Peace

Re: had to happen eventually i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont know but i heard they looked into putting a petrol station there but were refused because it would be too close to the pub.Either way any local person looking over teh plans when they were suggested would clearly have been able to see the dangerous aspects of putting a minimarket there with a car park or at least insisted that tesco put towards making the access safer.At the vey least either side of the junction leading to union road should be ballarded to prevent vehicles especialy taxis and lorrys blocking the view when exiting as the lines put there to stop this and the laws saying you shouldnt park on corners are been clearly ignored and are causing accidents
Parking on corners in Ossy isn't a new phenomenon, accyman its been going on for years on vertually every street corner

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..