Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 16:51   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Hairdreseer At Royal Blackburn

I think its a brilliant idea. I know when I had Harry I felt horrid because I was very ill and could only just wash myself I didn't feel up to washing my hair. A hairdresser would have been fantastic.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2007, 17:28   #17
Senior Member+

Same with me when I had my C section; the razor and the kidney dish were offered with a " can you do it yourself ?" Not blummen likely ! I couldn't see it let alone shave it !
Old 06-11-2007, 18:48   #18
God Member

It is open now.
Old 06-11-2007, 19:05   #19

Think it's a brilliant idea. Should also have a beauty salon, that would be fantastic. Imagine been able to get nails, hair etc done, now that would lift your spirits.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 19:59   #20

yeh i think its a great idea too. and if they go to the wards to do peoples hair that are to sick to go to the hairdressers would be great too.
Old 06-11-2007, 20:02   #21
God Member

I'm up there tomorrow I will try and do a bit of market research, see if they intend going mobile onto the wards.
Old 06-11-2007, 23:58   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I'm up there tomorrow I will try and do a bit of market research, see if they intend going mobile onto the wards.
I'm thinking they probably wont, as health and safety is a major issue now and it might be seen as unclean to do it, so maybe the nurses might make an effort to take the down if theyre unable to get to the unit themselves.

I think its a brilliant idea though, I love going to get my hair cut when I am feeling unwell, makes me feel so much better, so it will definatly uplift the spirits of those having to be in the hospital, where its often very dull and tiresome.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 00:07   #23
God Member

I thought about that after I posted what with MRSA and different things they maybe won't be allowed on the wards. I think a hairdo lifts most womens spirits so can only be a good think while stuck in hospital IMO.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:03   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I thought about that after I posted what with MRSA and different things they maybe won't be allowed on the wards. I think a hairdo lifts most womens spirits so can only be a good think while stuck in hospital IMO.
I guess that if it was done in the past without any serious health issues though then maybe they'll find a way to do it to the same clean standards. I think that to be honest, cleaners just get mocked for their job as its seen as low to clean up after people, so they just aren't putting as much effort into their job as before. I mean, cleaners should get a bit more respect when they are so important to keeping so much in order for us, and that goes for all sorts of cleaners like bin men/street sweepers etc.
What would our towns be like without them?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 13:47   #25

i think its great i rememeber at queens park a group of ladies used to go round and do peoples make and nails.... it always made my nan feel better
Old 07-11-2007, 14:58   #26
God Member

Asked at the hairdressers and they won't be going mobile onto the wards but said they would be quite happy to go and collect people and take them dowm to the salon.
Old 08-11-2007, 22:52   #27
Senior Member+

Hope Hospital (Salford Royal) have a shopping plaza. You can go to the chemist shop, hairdressers, newspaper shop, coffee bar and cafeteria, ladies clothes shop and a gift shop (sells nice ornaments, candles, crystals and stuff).

Im in there on 4th January having my B.A.H.A Implant done. Ill come out of theatre with one side of my head shaved. Im wondering if ill get a discount if i visit their hairdresser as ill only need half a head done
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 23:12   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post

Im in there on 4th January having my B.A.H.A Implant done. Ill come out of theatre with one side of my head shaved. Im wondering if ill get a discount if i visit their hairdresser as ill only need half a head done
Ya know, that's the spirit, have a good laugh If i can give you karma for this comment, I bloody well will that made me laugh.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..