Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2014, 14:09   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Happy families

Summat certainly stinks about it to me,n have me own thoughts on whats happened, but i'll keep em to meself, wi having no proof n a near certainty i would be sued.
Old 21-05-2014, 14:38   #17
Beacon of light

And we certainly don't want that Cashy!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 15:01   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Summat certainly stinks about it to me,n have me own thoughts on whats happened, but i'll keep em to meself, wi having no proof n a near certainty i would be sued.
im merely specualting and besides if saying what i think could have happened or saying somat aint right costs me every penny i have all i can advise anyone wishing to sue me is enjoy yer trip to poundland and take a bit with ya incase you aint got enough to pay for what you get with your winings

someones done it the only thing remaining is to find out who and if it isnt claire then whoever did it is in a lot deeper water than what they hoped to dish out.If claire has done it then the police and her party will do what is expected especially as it is in the media now which regardless of guilt or innocence will effect her chances a teh election

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 15:56   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I suspect neither of ems responsible fer this accyman, but can't see it. ps,this is being read now i'd forgot the username its been that long since. lol
Old 21-05-2014, 16:07   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I suspect neither of ems responsible fer this accyman, but can't see it. ps,this is being read now i'd forgot the username its been that long since. lol

whatever or whoever the timing for this to come to light couldnt be better

the reason why its easy to assume foul play is by the previous actions on this forum alone of councilors bickering and sniping at each other or running to the press with half baked accusations and halve truths..

cant say iv witnessed this behaviour from clair on here but i certainly recall a couple that have wether using their real name or an alias

the thing is even them with a dodgy reputation lets say for arguments sake can be quite good on a 1 to 1 basis and helpfull to teh people who call upon them and do seem to have a genuine care for tehir area its just this constant need or desire some of them have to destroy the opposition at whatever cost even if it ends up with them getting egg on tehir face when it backfires that makes people wonder what the hell these people are doing in any position of power

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 16:58   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
unless it is his job to do so it does seem a strange hobby or pass time to sit examining the postal voting records of an entire borough looking for irregularities
I doubt he would be allowed near those postal votes, more that likely a council employee has noticed an irregularity and brought it to his attention. But he still wouldn't be allowed near those ballot papers.
Why are they being opened before polling day ?, and whose responsible for security ?.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 17:17   #22
Beacon of light

I don't think it is to do with postal votes. It seems there are people registered to Claire Pritchards address that should not be.....they should be registered in other wards.
This is not to say that SHE registered those people to vote in her ward...or that she has anything at all to do with the registration.

Anyway, it is being investigated.....and rightly so, but as in all situations of this nature it reflects badly even if she has no case to answer.
Old 21-05-2014, 17:41   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Anyway, it is being investigated.....and rightly so, but as in all situations of this nature it reflects badly even if she has no case to answer.
Thats exactly why i suspect "Foul Play"
Old 22-05-2014, 06:40   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think it is to do with postal votes. It seems there are people registered to Claire Pritchards address that should not be.....they should be registered in other wards.
This is not to say that SHE registered those people to vote in her ward...or that she has anything at all to do with the registration.

Have to agree Margaret and thinking about it we all have access to the electoral rolls so maybe some third party brought MP's attention to the anomalies?
All will come out in the wash I hope.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 11:00   #25
God Member

As these two are the only candidates standing in my ward it does make me think twice about whether it's worth walking round to the polling station to vote - neither fills me with any confidence & this latest charade doesn't help one bit
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 13:34   #26
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
As these two are the only candidates standing in my ward it does make me think twice about whether it's worth walking round to the polling station to vote - neither fills me with any confidence & this latest charade doesn't help one bit
Well , if neither fills you with any confidence , don't vote .

It should be a simple decision for you if neither fills you with any confidence .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 14:47   #27
God Member

What are we calling this, by the way, Claregate or Pritchardgate?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 15:36   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Well , if neither fills you with any confidence , don't vote .

It should be a simple decision for you if neither fills you with any confidence .
True, but my grandma always said that i should always make sure i used my vote & i know she'd be so cross if i just didn't bother - question is, would she want me to vote just for the sake of it???
Old 22-05-2014, 15:49   #29
Beacon of light

If you have a valid reason for not voting, such as a serious lack of trust in the candidate then voting for someone you do not trust, is not the right thing to do.

I vote according to my conscience, not what someone else(whoever that may be) would think of me.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 22-05-2014, 17:56   #30
God Member

I know what you're saying makes sense Margaret, & if my grandma was still with us she'd probably agree with you too - maybe I'll have a toddle round to the polling station & just use my vote for the European elections then i will have at least used one of my votes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..