Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2014, 21:15   #61
God Member

Re: Happy families

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Holy moly, I didn`t realise you could be a politician when you could be so stupid, it`s NO not KNOW, do you think you`d pass the citizenship test?
lol ewe got hymn on that won

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2014, 21:30   #62
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Know i am not just Independent i am UKIP AND IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT UKIP STAND FOR IS UK INDEPENDENT PARTY note the word INDEPENDENT Yours Malcolmp
Its U.K. INDEPENDENCE PARTY, Independence from Europe, nowt to do with the sh1te your peddling.
nicola68 likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 21:32   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
If you are Mr Pritchard can you answer a question which has been puzzling me ?

Why did the Conservatives not field a candidate in the Milnshaw Ward ? Rather unusual of them .
I am surprised that Mr. Pritchard could not answer your question. Surely he
would want to be aware of the likely competition.

The Accrington Observer stated that the Conservative candidate withdrew on
health grounds though I cannot vouch for the accuracy of its information.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2014, 22:17   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't be surprised Sherry, Hes very aware what strings to pull from his sickening stunt to become mayor.
Old 23-05-2014, 22:32   #65
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Oddly I can't find an email address for the esteemed Mr Pritchard, pondering the Facebook thing though and will be sending an appropriately worded email to our returning officer Jane Ellis if I can ever figure out the Councils bloody awful webpage.
Malcolm seems strangely reticent though..
Jane's email is on this page East Lancashire - Feedback Online
Old 23-05-2014, 22:36   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
there is a serious flaw in teh election process and it needs fixing quick
There are a few serious flaws like you don't have to be able to prove your ID when you vote. You don't even need your polling card but that makes it easier. I could have used your card and voted - well I could if I didn't know the bloke taking names and giving out ballot paper

That happens a lot I am led to believe
Old 23-05-2014, 22:39   #67
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Know i am not just Independent i am UKIP AND IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT UKIP STAND FOR IS UK INDEPENDENT PARTY note the word INDEPENDENT Yours Malcolmp
It's UK Independence Party, you need to read this and learn a bit About - UKIP
Old 23-05-2014, 22:43   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We never got polling cards,even though we moved Nov 1st, n notified the relevant body, They checked paris was registered n she voted, but as yeh say,even though she took I.D. it was never asked for. That seems very odd to me?
Old 24-05-2014, 07:19   #69
JCB

Quote:
As other have pointed out UKIP stands for the UK Independence Party .

The party is about UK independence from the EU .

What sort of a politician are you when you don't even know the correct name of the party in whose name you stood in the Milnshaw Ward ?

You are twisting words to defend what you said on Radio Lancashire when you told the interviewer that you would be an Independent councillor for the Milnshaw Ward .

Anyway since you are a member of the UK Independence Party , at least you were presumably a member on voting day , what are your views of your new party's policies ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on reducing the deficit ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on Trident ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on the Council Tax ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on Education ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on public transport ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on Local Government ?

What do you think of UKIP's policy on large bonuses for the bosses of the banks ?

What do you think of UKIP's policies on Law and Order ?

What do you think of UKIP's policies on the ever increasing energy bills ?

What do you think of UKIP's policies on dealing with cranks who put up as UKIP candidates in local elections ?

Those are ten questions for you , Mr Pritchard , and I will add others when you have answered those .

Last edited by JCB; 24-05-2014 at 07:29.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 09:16   #70
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Hi thank you for all this on the web
Please don't thank us, it is we that should be thanking you, for taking your nose out of the trough long enough to post on here.
Even though what you post is rather sub standard it is an excellent example of why most politicians are in politics, not for the people they represent, just for an easy ride in the gravy trains first class carriages.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 15:30   #71
Junior Member+

Quote:
Yes but the word independent in UKIP means independence from Europe not from a political party, so just to clarify, will you be representing UKIP or not?
Talkingsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 15:39   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
If you are Mr Pritchard can you answer a question which has been puzzling me ?

Why did the Conservatives not field a candidate in the Milnshaw Ward ? Rather unusual of them .
It looked like a puzzler to me too, but I think I have a plausible answer, ( though Malcolm may come back and correct me after he has finished reading his Fisher Price" My First Book of using big words and stringing a sentence together").

My theory is that if the Tories had put anyone up in the ward there was an outside chance they would lose, so by hedging their bets and leaving Malcolm and Clare ( coincidentally implicated in all that mess just before polling day)to slug it out ,they, ( meaning Mr Britcliffe) now have Maleable Malcolm to deal with in Council chambers rather than Clare, who can speak English, form a sentence and actually knows what Party she represents.
Or am I reading too much into this??
Old 24-05-2014, 15:45   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
It looked like a puzzler to me too, but I think I have a plausible answer, ( though Malcolm may come back and correct me after he has finished reading his Fisher Price" My First Book of using big words and stringing a sentence together").

My theory is that if the Tories had put anyone up in the ward there was an outside chance they would lose, so by hedging their bets and leaving Malcolm and Clare ( coincidentally implicated in all that mess just before polling day)to slug it out ,they, ( meaning Mr Britcliffe) now have Maleable Malcolm to deal with in Council chambers rather than Clare, who can speak English, form a sentence and actually knows what Party she represents.
Or am I reading too much into this??
Yer getting very near to me line of thought Linds.
Old 24-05-2014, 16:00   #74
Beacon of light

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head there Lindsay.
You have probably put into words what many of us were privately thinking.
lindsay ormerod likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 16:32   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head there Lindsay.
You have probably put into words what many of us were privately thinking.
my thoughts are pretty much that he and the tories set out to slurr claires name and have an agreement between them so that they may as well have a tory in the seat

can you be mayor twice ?

only my thoughts mind before the lawsuits arrive but if it is teh case hes a complete mug because the only person looking bad right now is himself ...

oh and hyndburn but thats not his concern.Oh how teh other councils must be wetting themselves laughing at ours its just a pitty its not really funny its quite distastefull and vile
Margaret Pilkington and Eric like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..