Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2014, 07:49   #1
I am Banned

Happy families

EXCLUSIVE: Senior Hyndburn politician suspended after election fraud accusation (From Lancashire Telegraph)

More internecine shenanigans from the Pritchard family.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2014, 09:52   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Happy families

Well if yeh read what i do into P.B.s comment, that says it all.its implying she would not have been shopped,if they were both in the same party,So in P.B.s world,that makes it alright..
Old 21-05-2014, 10:23   #3
Senior Member+

Would you trust a politician (Her Father ) who changes party to suit his moods?
pallyman likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 11:00   #4
Beacon of light

No...I would not.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 11:03   #5
Beacon of light

What kind of father would level this kind of accusation against his daughter?
It smacks of political ambition and jealousy.
But it is publicity and I suppose this man feels that it brings him to the forefront at a time when he need the maximum exposure to meet his political ends.
Old 21-05-2014, 11:22   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But it is publicity and I suppose this man feels that it brings him to the forefront at a time when he need the maximum exposure to meet his political ends.
I agree, but should it be ignored if true, because of that fact? Not in my book.
Old 21-05-2014, 11:53   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well assuming Malcom has the evidence he has every right to expose fraud wherever he finds it Margaret.
I know I know, innocent until proven but:
Clare must have known her dad was going to be a vindictive old sod so she has been more than foolish to get herself into this situation.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 11:59   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I'd say it just confirms what most folk think about politicoes & politics, dirty, despicable & just out for themselves, they're all as bad as each other!
Old 21-05-2014, 12:36   #9
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I agree, but should it be ignored if true, because of that fact? Not in my book.
No, of course not. That was not the impression I was hoping to give
It should be investigated thoroughly(as it is being).

You see, I would never do something like that...and when you wouldn't do it,you find it hard to imagine that someone would throw all that hard work away for so few votes.

In this case blood isn't thicker than water.
I was shocked when Malcolm Pritcahrd sent a letter to the Observer to say that his daughter had 'dishonoured' him by standing in opposition to him(and winning - It was the winning that he could not forgive her for)
Old 21-05-2014, 12:41   #10
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Well assuming Malcom has the evidence he has every right to expose fraud wherever he finds it Margaret.
I know I know, innocent until proven but:
Clare must have known her dad was going to be a vindictive old sod so she has been more than foolish to get herself into this situation.
Yes, Fraud should be rooted out....where ever it is found. I have no problem with that at all......it is just the gloatingly vindictive way the story comes across(I wonder if he is a Scorpio).
If it is found that there is no case to answer, then I hope he apologises just as vociferously...and just as publicly.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 21-05-2014, 13:38   #11
God Member

although claire isnt my representitive as i am not in her ward she was very happy to help me with some issues i was having with HBC

for all we know someone else could have registered them names at her address to make her look bad. I have no idea what the relationship is like between her and her father but im guessing it isnt a good one and hes the man who sold out labour to get his mayorship so from what i know of both of them id be more inclined to believe claires side of events .

i could register myself at her address if i chose to and she would be non the wiser until teh election ballot papers came around or my next council tax bill if it works teh way i think it does

i just seems to be a very poorly thought out plot to gain so few votes by someone clearly smart enough to think of a much better way to get votes and a lot more than 4 if she chose to set about that route which i doubt she has

i may be wrong but seeing how councilors operate leaking info and such via private messages on here alone gives me an idea of how low some of these lot will stoop to get one over the competition rather than pulling together to mqake Hyndburn a better place

really hope these allegatons arnt true but like i said the 2 people blowing off steam about it are hardly squeaky clean themselves

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 13:50   #12
God Member

Quote:
Mr Pritchard said: “When I examined the postal voting records I found four voters registered at Clare’s address home I knew came from other wards. One was from Peel ward and three from Church
unless it is his job to do so it does seem a strange hobby or pass time to sit examining the postal voting records of an entire borough looking for irregularities

i have no idea if the allegations are true or not but for a father in dispute with his daughter to suddenly turned up with evidence like this just before election day a part of me cant help but think its a bit convinient ..

cant really blame me for thinking this way about Mr Pritchard hes hardly painted himself in teh best light over the way he got to be mayor

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 21-05-2014, 13:50   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is accyman, there aint no side of things from Claire, she aint commented. so until things hit the fan,who knows? By the way, am near sure i recall daddy being a member on here n then vanishing after the Mayor farce?? cant find him in the member list now.

Last edited by cashman; 21-05-2014 at 13:54.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 14:03   #14
God Member

Quote:
Thing is accyman, there aint no side of things from Claire, she aint commented. so until things hit the fan,who knows?
well seen as the police have been involved id do the talking to them first if it was me and get this out teh way as quick as possible

hell ya know me mate when it comes to polititions but the two bleeting on and doing the digging up of dirt do make quite the dynamic duo

someone must have written something to get those names on the elctoral role im pretty sure the first step before it sees a computer is some sort of signature so i guess it will be a case of whos handwriting did it..

i have no insight to this matter its just my opinion that something stinks about this even if it is merely the fact that a father dobbing his child in dosnt sit right wth me.Not that i am condoning actions of fraud etc but unless someones been killed ya dont ring the fuzz on your own blood

Old 21-05-2014, 14:06   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Thing is accyman, there aint no side of things from Claire, she aint commented. so until things hit the fan,who knows? By the way, am near sure i recall daddy being a member on here n then vanishing after the Mayor farce?? cant find him in the member list now.
It is the dignified way - not to answer(why on earth would anyone want to get into a public argument refereed by the media...who are almost as trustworthy on news items, as politicians are on policy making) and as she is the subject of a police investigation then she may actually be prohibited from making any public statement as it may prejudice her case.
If this is election fraud, then it has to be dealt with, if it is political skulduggery, then it needs to be exposed.

Out of the two, I know who I would trust the least.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..