Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2007, 12:39   #136

Re: Happy New Mosque

[quote=Church Boy;373545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
The trouble is, you are the type of twisted overeducated bigot the world doesn't need.Just try coming down out of your spin zone for a while,you dunderhead.Your name say's a hell of a lot.
church boy you might think that a little knownledge is too dangerous for my tiny mind, mmm very 1950s but at least im not a racist tormenting at the rise of other religions. you need to get a life and let that hate squeeze out of your pathetic mind and your name says a lot about you !self obsessed
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2007, 12:40   #137
Resident Waffler

Quote:
i have noticed there is a lot of anti muslim stuffthat goes on in accyweb but no one seems too bothered about that which is why accyweb really winds me up .
If there are posts/threads which you find offensive why not report them via the 'exclamation mark in a triangle ' button? Outright racism is not permitted here on Accyweb but moderators don't and can't see everything so rely on member to report.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:41   #138
I am Banned

a banana , the cant cut you but if you upset a seik then he will put the banana under your feet and you will slip

also with it been curved it fits nicely into where the dagger used to be and yellow is this summers colour to be seen in
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 12:49   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If there are posts/threads which you find offensive why not report them via the 'exclamation mark in a triangle ' button? Outright racism is not permitted here on Accyweb but moderators don't and can't see everything so rely on member to report.
willow there are so many of these remarks that are introduced in to every possible topic it seems that it would be too much hassle and what is the point when im the only one objecting. eg when someone was chatting about the jade shilpa row the other day the wor muslim was used negatively. ther are a lot of narrow minded racist people on this forum withe a few execptions eg yourself, billcat garinda . i think mani and i are the only asians onthe forum and i think the posts say a lot about accrington. i feel sorry for those people and i dont enjoy discuusinhg thigs with them which is why i wont be postng after today
Old 24-01-2007, 12:55   #140
Resident Waffler

Quote:
when someone was chatting about the jade shilpa row the other day the wor muslim was used negatively
I must have missed that. Unless it was the one that mani and I both laughed at because it was sooooooo funny!

You and mani are not the only Asians and I think the fact that people don't make an issue of anyone's ethnicity or whatnot has got to be a positive point. I mention my own beliefs as and when relevant and would enjoy discussing theirs with others because I'm always keen to learn and stand corrected when I've got some wrong preconceptions. Like for instance when slinky told me that young girls do attend mosque. I was totally unaware of that before. I thought that it was only the men who went to prayers at the mosque but I'd only based that assumption on my own experience and people I know.

Old 24-01-2007, 13:01   #141

i dont try to make an issue of my identity its just that ive witnessed a lot of racist banter on this forum and i have felt the need to challenge that so hence the issue of my race and religion arose but im not going to bother anymore some people just are too set in their ways
Old 24-01-2007, 13:04   #142
Resident Waffler

I get a bit like that when people ask me how many other wives my husband has - despite the fact that polygamy is illegal here.

Old 24-01-2007, 13:06   #143
I am Banned

i will admit a few are hardcore racist and dont hold back when posting but as a whole i would say most arnt racist

i will take the mick outa anyone so i guess in a way ime multicultural

its the internet ,take everythig with a pinch of salt or even better use it to say what you realy want to just as the people who annoy you do

hey the worst thing that can happen is you loose some karma and it dosnt hurt realy
Old 24-01-2007, 13:07   #144
I am Banned

Quote:
I get a bit like that when people ask me how many other wives my husband has - despite the fact that polygamy is illegal here.
even if legal why woud any sane man want more than 1 wife ?
Old 24-01-2007, 13:08   #145

i dont mind questions that like that its just the sheer spitefulness that seems to seeth from some of the posters on this forum and they are rarely challenged but if i say anything slightly provocative people are quick to have a go
Old 24-01-2007, 13:10   #146
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
even if legal why woud any sane man want more than 1 wife ?
That's what Busman says.

They don't do it as a genune question spinner - they do it as a torment. Not on here particularly, but in real life. I've had some very weird accusations about being part of a cult and kidnapping children to name but a couple. if people are genuinely curious then I'm happy to enlighten them.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 24-01-2007 at 13:13.
Old 24-01-2007, 13:13   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
its the internet ,take everythig with a pinch of salt or even better use it to say what you realy want to just as the people who annoy you do
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 24-01-2007, 13:14   #148

tru chav i am sending you some good karma .
Old 24-01-2007, 13:16   #149
Resident Waffler

There you go Chav - biggest wooden spoon on AccyWeb and he gives you karma!

Old 24-01-2007, 13:16   #150

Quote:
That's what Busman says.

They don't do it as a genune question spinner - they do it as a torment. Not on here particularly, but in real life. I've had some very weird accusations about being part of a cult and kidnapping children to name but a couple. if people are genuinely curious then I'm happy to enlighten them.
well if they are sniping that must mean they are jealous and deep down must wish they were more like you. that can only be a good thing for you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..