Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2018, 20:41   #16

Re: Harry And Megs Big Day

Webber’s I can safely say I have never been so alone on a subject. Although I respect everyone’s opinion I cannot agree with many sentiments. Harry is a Prince Of The Realm and Meg will at the very least be a Duchess and probably a Princess in her own right and as such will go on to represent our great nation. Good for her. Plus Harry top bloke two tours on active service doing his bit. Good job Harry. And while many share Cash’s view ref parentage Harry is the pop of relatives so im afraid we will have to disagree on that one Cash. At this point I feel I should belt out some Land Of Hope And Glory followed by all four verses of God Save The Queen ( not he Sex Pistols version) washed down with Jerusalem but only the wife would hear it. So as the decorator said to the prostitute your not flocking to watch it and when I talk about it I can gloss over the subject or just be Matt er of fact about it.
Old 19-05-2018, 02:13   #17

I can understand how people have got cheesed-off with the paparazzi having wedding fever at the present time. Still Harry seems a likeable and genuinely decent bloke so all the best to them both. He’s doing his bit to help ‘The Family’ maintain a good image. Unfortunately he appears to be taking on a strange bunch of new rellies, all wanting to be heard and making the most of their five minutes of fame. Must be giving the Queen nightmares wondering what they are going to do/say next. Going back a few hundred years it would have been ‘off with their heads’ and no questions asked.

What I can’t understand though is why it is going to be such a huge affair as Harry is a few numbers down the track as far as being the next in line – and there’s time for more royal babies to be born which will push him still further back. The Queen has had other grandchildren get married on a much quieter scale if I’m not mistaken. Still it will be a happy occasion for many people and financially beneficial to some (a tad more than mine was).

One thing that is for sure, as soon as the wedding is over the paparazzi will be looking for signs of a tummy bump.

Who’d be a royal……
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 04:36   #18

Dotti I take your point about other royals getting married but he is more high profile plus his dad will be king followed by his brother. As for the press looking for a bump they have already stated they plan to have a family early and apparently Harry has quit smoking cut down drinking and had hit the gym as a precursor to starting a family.
Old 19-05-2018, 07:55   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No-one is saying Harry and Megan aint a decent couple, what i and i reckon many others especially most of our neighbours etc, is not interested, to me its only a big deal getting wed for the couple and families.and far as i'm concerned anyone who makes a big deal of it, is entitled too, at the same time they are a slice short of a loaf.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:28   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Only a few hours to go thankfully then the whole circus will be over & done with. I tried to read the "Papers" this morning but I gve it up after about 30 seconds of scrolling through the "Headlines". Royal wedding this, RW that, Megs & Harry, Harry & Megs, assorted hangers on & nonentities in RW fever ....... You get the picture?

When elsewhere in the world, there's true misery & despair, like this yesterday morning in Bayern Germany, just click through the heartbreaking pictures!

https://www.tz.de/muenchen/region/bi...r-9883289.html

Although I've no real interest in Harry & Megs going through the whole rigmarole & media hype of officialy getting their prod permit, I wish them both well despite my niggardlyness about the whole Hoo-Ha.
Old 19-05-2018, 08:38   #21

over?
As if!!!
we will get repeats, discussions about this, that and then there will be the sneak peeks of them on honeymoon.

I wonder if anyone will be filling their bed with cornflakes tonight? (or other similar wedding night pranks). lol
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 09:02   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
over?
As if!!!
we will get repeats, discussions about this, that and then there will be the sneak peeks of them on honeymoon.

Quite probably, but it will definitely be a damn site queiter about the RW hysteria, they might even show some relevant news again.
Old 19-05-2018, 09:52   #23

Well I have to admit (and I do not apologise for it) that I will be watching the wedding with my Baileys in hand (I don't like champagne). One reason being that it seems to be the best thing on TV tonight (our time) and the other is simply that I want to watch it, although like most people I am a bit tired of all the hype that's been going on. But that's not the fault of the main players.

I appreciate what you say Dave about the misery and despair and I agree there are some awful happenings in a world that can be very dark for so many people but maybe it doesn't hurt to have some 'sunshine' now and then.

At least it is a pleasant change from seeing those two blokes (who are so often on our screens) with the strange hairdo's that go about applauding themselves.
Old 19-05-2018, 09:55   #24

Cheers! dears....and maybe another Baileys won't hurt.
Old 19-05-2018, 12:53   #25

Well I watched it and enjoyed it, as did many thousands of people who lined the streets - unbelievable how many were there. The bride was very elegant and the groom very smart - and I wish them well in their future. Mind you, I thought the American bishop went on far, far, too long, he got rather carried away with his address which turned almost into a sermon (I have to replenish my Baileys stock tomorrow).
Old 19-05-2018, 13:36   #26
Beacon of light

I have avoided it....I just DO NOT CARE....and to be honest I don't get all the fuss.
I want to sleep through the next few, days because I have no doubt that the T V wallahs will be serving warmed over versions of the day for weeks to come...and in August when they announce a little version of them both....it will be served up again.
Not interested, don't care, could not give a fig.
They are nothing to me, I am nothing to them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 14:44   #27
Senior Member+

Wife just came back to bed at 6a.m. She was up at 3 to watch the do. Now she can sleep in 'till 12 and I can watch the cup final in peace, so see the wedding did have a purpose.
AccyMad, cashman and Big Joe like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 21:34   #28
God Member

Can't help but feel it'll all end in tears, hope I'm wrong but something just doesn't feel right
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:21   #29
Beacon of light

I know it sound curmudgeonly and pessimistic, but I feel the same.
I 'm with you Accymad.
I am not a football fan at all but I was far more interested in the Cup Final than the wedding.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 09:19   #30
Full Member+

well I am a royalist and just love our Queen. However the last few weeks have been rather brainwashing to say the least. I did watch the wedding ( from 11.15 ) and enjoyed it very much except for the American vicar that went on a bit. However , I am curious as to why they married in Windsor as Megan was divorced . If I remember rightly both Charles and Camilla married at the registry office, while Ann and Tim went to Scotland ( I think) as all were divorced ( except Tim ).The love Harry has for Megan just reflects from him , however Megan is an actress and I feel she may just have a trick up her sleeve, I truly hope I am wrong but this is how I feel . Good luck to them both and hope they have a long and happy life together, I really do.
cashman, hilleluk and Big Joe like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..