Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2018, 20:50   #46
Full Member+

Re: Harry And Megs Big Day

Well, I didn't watch it - no tv, I didn't read about it, don't get a newspaper and the only headline I saw about it was in the telegraph, a few days prior, as I was leaving Asda about there being no applications for street parties. (Saturday I was out bug hunting with my camera and Sunday I was in Bolton-by-Bowland, Settle and the Ribblehead Viaduct.)
Old 25-05-2018, 12:06   #47

Well just logged in Sweden at the minute. Have to say I didn't realise there were so many members of the Oliver Cromwell Appreciation Society in the group, however opinions are like backsides, we all have one!!!
Picked up on a couple of sentiments ref success or failure of the marriage. Lets be right is that because he's a Prince and she a mixed race divorced American actress??? Because that really doesn't stand the test. Take Charles and Diana (all say ahhhh at the word Diana ) doomed to failure before it started because Charles loved someone else and Diana was rent a womb and as the good lady said if he had loved Camilla for all that time why didn't he just abdicate so he could marry her??? As for Harry and Meghan they stand as much chance as any newly wed so good luck to them and here a thought webbers what happens if they prove you all wrong????? MMM cream with that large slice of humble pie!!!!!
Old 25-05-2018, 12:08   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Got more chance of being struck by Lightening Joe.
Old 25-05-2018, 12:45   #49
Beacon of light

My feelings have nothing to do with any of the things you have cited BJ. It is just a 'gut feeling'....feminine intuition if you like.
I am not alone in this feeling. I have spoken to others....and not just those of my generation....some of them far younger than me. They have expressed similar views.

This marriage does have exactly the same chance as any other, but when you look at the Royal family(apart from the Queen) they have not got a very favourable track record for relationships have they?

I hope that it does succeed, because The Duke of Sussex has had more heartache in his young life than anyone should have to bear....he himself has made a remark that everything he touches turns to sand...the Duchess of Sussex is not just bi-racial and from another country, she has been an actress, used to playing roles(albeit, not very convincingly) she is not used to being constrained by the protocols that she is going to have to follow....the rules that she is going to have to conduct her Royal life by.

Right now, it is new and novel, but I fear that she will bolt when the stark reality bites.
She has done it before...and you can fall out of love far more easily than you can fall into it.

As for the humble pie....I have no qualms about that.
I will take it as it comes.

On a closing note...I have great respect for the Queen, (she has been an asset to the country, she must be sorely disappointed in some of her offspring though)but I think some of the minor Royals could do with pruning back....they do not much for the monarchy.

So not a supporter of the Oliver Cromwell Society. Not a supporter at all!
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 14:23   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nowt wrong wi being a Royalist, i aint but lifes all about choices.
nowt wrong about being a republican either and a non believer of all gods. like you say cashy life is about choices but hell i got some stick from teachers at my local grammar school because of em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 16:00   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
nowt wrong about being a republican either and a non believer of all gods. like you say cashy life is about choices but hell i got some stick from teachers at my local grammar school because of em.
To be honest i have never really given a stuff, what teachers or anyone fer that matter said, i always give what i believe to be a straight answer, if some dont like it, i dont give a stuff about them either.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-05-2018, 18:11   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest i have never really given a stuff, what teachers or anyone fer that matter said, i always give what i believe to be a straight answer, if some dont like it, i dont give a stuff about them either.
could not agree more cashy but in those days they did not take kindly to anyone who was not a god fearing royalist.
cashman likes this.
Old 27-05-2018, 05:54   #53

Interesting observation Monkey about you getting stick at school because of your opinions. I think that was the norm in most schools. If I didn't get clattered for something it just wasn't a normal day and being at school meant that you told the relevant line or got clattered.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-05-2018, 09:30   #54
God Member

agree joe. discipline might have gone down the drain at schools but they have improved where pupils are encouraged to have a mind of their own and not force fed facts for 5 years just to get your o levels. even playing to win schools football was not encouraged just having to loose the proper way was.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..