Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2013, 14:12   #181
God Member

Re: HBC at it again

I found several Hyndburn Homes propaganda videos on youtube

If you are in the mood for sick humour watch some.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2013, 14:39   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Ironic isn't it that Graham Jones has recently been harping on about rogue landlords and the council have implemented a landlord licencing scheme.

They are also the company who 'fix' the councils toilets. So far they have 'fixed' a leak in Peel St toilets five times. No doubt the council are paying the bill and nobody is asking questions.

Even John Wayne would have been proud to have been a cowboy of such stature

same leak 5 times ?

its the job that keeps on giving

i dont suppose anyone has entertained the idea of getting a plumber that can do it first time ?

as for slum landlord i cant see HH getting any bad rep because even though the council say they have nothing more to do with teh properties the last time i rented from HH threatening letters came on HBC paperwork and teh same collection team as council tax

when i move dinto teh propperty i had to play for my own plasterer to do teh ceiling in my living room because HH said it wa sperfectly acceptable to have plaster dropping on your head.After 2 years i had enough and the final breaking point was when HH refused to admitthere was a damp problem and all my carpets strated getting fungi and black mould rise up from the floor.Ruined my carpets and still denied a problem

funny thing is after i moved out they totally re did teh roof,replaced windows and put a new kitchen in

but there wasnt a problem

anyway i doubt jones will have owt to say while its a labour council

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 21-06-2013 at 14:44.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 14:42   #183
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have had loads of grief caused by Hyndburn Homes.
I have used the search facility here to review all the hassle they caused me.

I will be moving out soon and hope never to need their housing ever again.

When I move to private rented shortly, I will be paying £41 a week more, but when I look at what I will gain for that I wish I had done it years ago. Looking back, I used to spend that per week on bingo !

The 'extras' that I don't have now -
Solid plastered walls - not unplastered hardboard on studding
Hardwood fire doors throughout - not hardboard
Built less than 10 years ago to higher building insulation standards
Larger living spaces
An extra bedroom
TWO bathrooms, one is en-suite
A secure door entry access system
A security alarm system
A stairwell that is carpeted (less noise)
A luxurious large fitted kitchen with appliances
Windows that close properly (no broken handles)
Plenty of electricity sockets and 'no surface mounted' switches
Good floorcoverings and decoration throughout
No surface mounted pipework.
No bulges in ceilings.
A balcony - WOW ! (even though it is ground floor)

PS I will no longer need a tow rope (parked next to the only window which would open wide enough for emergency exit).
Are you about to be a "bottom ender" or is this not in Clayton?
Gremlin likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 15:13   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Are you about to be a "bottom ender" or is this not in Clayton?
Yes - bottom ender - just awaiting credit check (which I know will be perfect) before I can sign the tenancy agreement.

Pickfords are scheduled to come and quote me for packing and removal - I expect to be out of here before end of July.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 17:13   #185
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd rather have a lifetime's supply of season tickets to Ewood than deal with them
Well they can't be all that bad then
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 17:21   #186
Resting in Peace

Just wondering here, I've lived in my current HH flat for over 20 years and I'm quite happy with it, if I've ever reported any problems they've been attended to within the time stipulated, the only problem I've had is when they messed about with locks on the outside doors, which was stupid to say the least, but apart from that I can't complain really
Old 21-06-2013, 20:11   #187
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wondering here, I've lived in my current HH flat for over 20 years and I'm quite happy with it, if I've ever reported any problems they've been attended to within the time stipulated, the only problem I've had is when they messed about with locks on the outside doors, which was stupid to say the least, but apart from that I can't complain really

when HH took over any properties that were looked after were laft as is and any that were a complete dump and dangerous to live in got left as is also

its pure luck of teh draw if you get a good property its no thanks to HH but the previous tennant

when i was applying i pointed out tehre was a house available up ferngore but was told it was too good for someone like me.When i asked whatthat meant they said well your a single bloke yet gave me teh same sized propperty on rothwell avenue

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 07:43   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
when HH took over any properties that were looked after were left as is and any that were a complete dump and dangerous to live in got left as is also

its pure luck of the draw if you get a good property its no thanks to HH but the previous tenant

when i was applying i pointed out there was a house available up fern gore but was told it was too good for someone like me.When i asked what that meant they said well your a single bloke yet gave me the same sized property on rothwell avenue
I've been in my place since 1991 accyman which was well before HH came to fruition, so that's probably the reason I can't fault them, but has I said if I report a problem its usually sorted out pretty quick, think the last one was when one of my kitchen taps went south and they actually replaced the tap within a day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..