Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 17:52   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: HBC at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Cllr. Ken's on the dog dirt, and night vision committees.
Oh sorry, forgot about that
Old 05-08-2012, 13:52   #32
Common Sense Member

Better late than never, the surveys were done for free by the local volunteer Green Spaces Forum and 'Friends Of' groups. The results were then incorporated into the Communities and Wellbeing Overview & Scrutiny Committee's report.

It didn't cost HBC a bean.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 14:12   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Better late than never, the surveys were done for free by the local volunteer Green Spaces Forum and 'Friends Of' groups. The results were then incorporated into the Communities and Wellbeing Overview & Scrutiny Committee's report.

It didn't cost HBC a bean.
Yo have spoilt it now by telling them who did the survey, they will have to find something else to moan about.

I did think about explaining all about it at the time but must have been busy
Old 05-08-2012, 17:36   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yo have spoilt it now by telling them who did the survey, they will have to find something else to moan about.

Neil you know as well as I do there is no such thing as a free lunch no matter how you serve it up, you can guarantee that somebody somewhere has paid for this, usually the tax payer
Old 05-08-2012, 18:06   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Neil you know as well as I do there is no such thing as a free lunch no matter how you serve it up, you can guarantee that somebody somewhere has paid for this, usually the tax payer
I am not paid for the work I do with several local charities.
I don't usually mention things because there is always someone who wants to ridicule local things and they are usually to idle to do anything better themselves.
Judith Addison likes this.
Old 05-08-2012, 18:14   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am not paid for the work I do with several local charities.
I don't usually mention things because there is always someone who wants to ridicule local things and they are usually to idle to do anything better themselves.
Different scenario Neil, when I here that things are done within the public sector for nout, it doesn't fly, HBC will not be using material from surveys where those doing the survey have done the work out of the goodness of the hearts, if HBC didn't pay somebody will and it WILL have come from the public purse, somewhere along the line
Old 06-08-2012, 06:54   #37
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Different scenario Neil, when I here that things are done within the public sector for nout, it doesn't fly, HBC will not be using material from surveys where those doing the survey have done the work out of the goodness of the hearts, if HBC didn't pay somebody will and it WILL have come from the public purse, somewhere along the line
This is from a man who used to be at the heart of local politics! A member of the council tells you something in writing on a public forum and you say it's nonsense. How could I possibly state that and get away with it if it's not true? Neil backs me up and you still come back with the 'cobblers' line.

This survey was free, it didn't cost anyone anything at HBC, it was gratis, costless, totally unpaid for.

And you find something to moan about.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Personally I think it's funny.

Yet another example of just how bad this current lot of councillors are at public relations, especially in regards to the press.

'The survey, undertaken by independent consultants, quizzed 181 local parents...'

Hyndburn play area smoke ban wins support (From Lancashire Telegraph)

So basically it was Gayle Knight, and the Green candidate woman from that 'ethical' co-op, asking people if they thought that blowing smoke in a kiddie's face, whilst it was strapped in a baby swing, was wrong.

Hardly shock findings. More like common sense.

Not up there with night vision dog turds, but still amusingly bad, and yet another example of this Labour council's skill at public misinformation.

It's like them making a big song and dance about the Portas pilot thing, as if it was already in the bag. When in reality they'd acquired a lottery ticket, and had a miniscule chance of winning a prize.

Looks bad, when nothing comes of it. Which also happened with the announcement about Blackburn Road's tarting up, which again came to nothing.

Some of these numpties may now be responsible for massive budgets, finances provided by the tax payer, but if their role was a professional job, most of them wouldn't get a reply if they applied for it, nevermind get a first interview.

Always more impressive if you can actually play a tune...when blowing your own trumpet.

Rather than just making some big din.

Last edited by garinda; 06-08-2012 at 07:02.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
This is from a man who used to be at the heart of local politics! A member of the council tells you something in writing on a public forum and you say it's nonsense. How could I possibly state that and get away with it if it's not true? Neil backs me up and you still come back with the 'cobblers' line.

This survey was free, it didn't cost anyone anything at HBC, it was gratis, costless, totally unpaid for.

And you find something to moan about.
What do they say?

Something about closing the stable door, only after the horse has bolted.

I think it might be better to concentrate on the damage you're doing to yourselves via the press, rather than worrying about us on here.

Last edited by garinda; 06-08-2012 at 07:09.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What do they say?

Something about closing the stable door, only after the horse has bolted.

I think it might be better to concentrate on the damage you're doing to yourselves via the press, rather than worrying about us on here.

Is it any wonder that I tend to question anything Councillor Moss says on this Wed Site, after all prior to election he was on daily with his political diatribe, using the site as his own propaganda tool. yet when elected and questions were asked neither he nor his cohorts were able to comment. Its the old scenario you can say anything you want in opposition, but questions become harder to answer while in power
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Is it any wonder that I tend to question anything Councillor Moss says on this Wed Site, after all prior to election he was on daily with his political diatribe, using the site as his own propaganda tool. yet when elected and questions were asked neither he nor his cohorts were able to comment. Its the old scenario you can say anything you want in opposition, but questions become harder to answer while in power
Whilst that may be the case, when in or out of power, The torys aint the balls to come anywhere near accyweb, fact! At least this lot do comment occasionally.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:14   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst that may be the case, when in or out of power, The tories ain't the balls to come anywhere near accyweb, fact! At least this lot do comment occasionally.
think its a case of what ever floats your boat, and they only come on here when its proactive, didn't see much of um when the benches moved from outside the Market Hall, although to be fair they did send the heavy mod round to see Rindi
Old 06-08-2012, 09:19   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
they did send the heavy mod round to see Rindi
What?...they sent Paul Weller over to see Mr G? Hope he made him a cuppa!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What?...they sent Paul Weller over to see Mr G? Hope he made him a cuppa!
Of course.

It would be Bad Manners not to.

Though to balance things out, I made sure she didn't have anywhere to park her arse, and didn't offer her a seat.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:00   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Of course.

It would be Bad Manners not to.

Though to balance things out, I made sure she didn't have anywhere to park her arse, and didn't offer her a seat.

It was like over the garden wall then Rindi

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..