Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2014, 17:03   #1
God Member

head stomping

so theres been an attack in ossy where the attacker after beating the man to the floor and assaulting his wife decided to jump on his victims head

Couple assaulted in Oswaldtwistle - Lancashire Constabulary

in my eyes jumping on someones head or kicking them in the head when they are on the floor is attempted murder not assault

or am i just old fashioned in thinking you dont stomp on peoples heads or hit people who can no longer defend themselves ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2014, 17:50   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: head stomping

Hope they catch n this piece of crap gets jailed.
Old 02-10-2014, 17:55   #3
Senior Member+

I agree. When you stamp on someone's head you are most likely not wanting that person to survive and as such you should be charged with attempted murder.
Its becoming more and more common and it is absolutely abhorrent, i hope they catch the coward and he gets a serious sentence.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 18:12   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so theres been an attack in ossy where the attacker after beating the man to the floor and assaulting his wife decided to jump on his victims head

Couple assaulted in Oswaldtwistle - Lancashire Constabulary

in my eyes jumping on someones head or kicking them in the head when they are on the floor is attempted murder not assault

or am i just old fashioned in thinking you dont stomp on peoples heads or hit people who can no longer defend themselves ?
Agree wholeheartedly with the last part ... but I don't think it qualifies as "attempted murder" ... altho' it certainly seems to be "aggravated assault", which over here can draw a sentence of up to 14 years in the pen. And it's probably much easier to get a conviction on an aggravated assault beef than it is on attempted murder.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 18:54   #5
Senior Member+

Like most cases,each would be taken on its own merit,taking into account mitigating circumstances etc,I suppose you'd have to prove the intent kill.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 20:02   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Agree wholeheartedly with the last part ... but I don't think it qualifies as "attempted murder" ... altho' it certainly seems to be "aggravated assault", which over here can draw a sentence of up to 14 years in the pen. And it's probably much easier to get a conviction on an aggravated assault beef than it is on attempted murder.
have to disagree and say that if your stamping on someones head you are intending on that person never getting up again.Even the less inteligent people know that stamping on someones head repeatedly is likely to kill them

it wasnt too long ago someone was killed in this fashion in accrington although i cant recall if they got charged with murder or not

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 20:06   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I agree. When you stamp on someone's head you are most likely not wanting that person to survive and as such you should be charged with attempted murder.
Its becoming more and more common and it is absolutely abhorrent, i hope they catch the coward and he gets a serious sentence.
Same applies to the guy in Rishton who attacked 2 men with a wooden mallet. Hard to think that killing them wasn't his motive.

Two injured in Great Harwood pub attack with mallet (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Less likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 20:16   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I suppose you'd have to prove the intent kill.
That would seem appropriate in a case of attempted murder.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48   #9
Full Member+

Sounds like a total psychopath, what an evil cretin. These attacks are becoming more frequent, I dare say drink or drugs or both were probably involved too. I worry when my (grown up) kids go for a night out in case they're attacked by some scumbag. Violence is definitely on the up and I don't think a few months in prison is much of a deterrent to the scummy half wits.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:04   #10

I went to school in the 1940s-1950s when it was usual for fathers in our neighbourhood to tell their little lads that they had to abide by the Queensbury Rules and that boys didn't hit girls and girls shouldn't hit boys because the boys couldn't fight back. The message was repeated by our teachers and a generation later Bryan was repeating the message to our offspring.

The difference between those days and later decades is that the violence my generation experienced was real bombs dropping from above as opposed to later generations who might be inculcated to violent acts through handheld games and films. I also believe chemicals in modern food could be a cause because I'm certain my generation weren't as loud and as excitable.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:03   #11
Beacon of light

Well for a kick off we didn't get the same fizzy drinks or sweets.
If we got sweets it was a real treat. Even at Christmas we didn't get chocolate. Our selection boxes consisted of liquorice ropes, pinwheels, pipes....and something that looked like a pan pipe but had coloured confits stuck in the tops.
Lucysgirl and Stevie R like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 15:47   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I went to school in the 1940s-1950s when it was usual for fathers in our neighbourhood to tell their little lads that they had to abide by the Queensbury Rules and that boys didn't hit girls and girls shouldn't hit boys because the boys couldn't fight back. The message was repeated by our teachers and a generation later Bryan was repeating the message to our offspring.

The difference between those days and later decades is that the violence my generation experienced was real bombs dropping from above as opposed to later generations who might be inculcated to violent acts through handheld games and films. I also believe chemicals in modern food could be a cause because I'm certain my generation weren't as loud and as excitable.
Couldn't it also to have a great deal to do with parental guidance through the generations since the '40s & '50s? - which incidentally were also my formative years
Lucysgirl likes this.
Old 05-10-2014, 16:23   #13
Beacon of light

Yes, parental guidance has a lot to do with it.
We seem to have fallen into the trap of becoming soft parents.....those who want to be their child's best friend.
You can only be your child's best friend once your child turns 40.
My parents were strict with us.....we were under their roof and they made the rules.....if we did not like their rules we were free to go and live with our friends parents(who always seemed far more lenient).
I was strict with my daughter.....my husband less so, and we had many heated discussions about the rights and wrongs of parenting.
My daughter now has two children of her own.
Whose rules do you think she has adopted?
Children need boundaries to push.......but they need to know that the boundaries are for their benefit.
Lucysgirl likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 16:57   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
fizzy drinks
I guess spanish jink doesn't count ... no matter how much you shake it.
Old 05-10-2014, 17:00   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Couldn't it also to have a great deal to do with parental guidance through the generations since the '40s & '50s? - which incidentally were also my formative years
My formative years too ... guess that's why we turned out perfect
Lucysgirl likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..