Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2013, 07:30   #46
God Member

Re: Heatwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Saw this giszmo in the Sunday Observer Margaret.
May just help?

Neostar 5-in-1 Air Cooler, Purifier, Fan, Heater and Humidifier
The one I have does that (except that it DE-humidifies), but thanks for thinking of me enough to post that.

Mine resembles this one - but mine has a water tank that needs emptying as humidity is removed from the air.

LG LP0813WNR: 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote | LG USA
and it does have a heat function, a cool function, a fan function, a de-humidifying function, remote control and timer.

Last edited by MargaretR; 15-07-2013 at 07:39.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2013, 07:41   #47
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Saw this giszmo in the Sunday Observer Margaret.
May just help?

Neostar 5-in-1 Air Cooler, Purifier, Fan, Heater and Humidifier
They are very good Mr. D. I've had one very similar for a few years now and its been invaluable over the last few days
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:43   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The one I have does that (except that it DE-humidifies), but thanks for thinking of me enough to post that.

Mine resembles this one - but mine has a water tank that needs emptying as humidity is removed from the air.

LG LP0813WNR: 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote | LG USA
and it does have a heat function, a cool function, a fan function, a de-humidifying function, remote control and timer.
mine is not a dehumidifier but its has remote control and a timer
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:50   #49
God Member

If the heat isn't being pumped outside via an exhaust pipe, where does it go?

Old 15-07-2013, 07:50   #50
I am Banned

Quote:

It was the evaporative air cooler function that caught my eye.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 07:54   #51
Senior Member+

We used to have something similar to that at my old works, quite a bit bigger though. You have to add something o the water, can`t remember what it was called but the stuff you use to purify a babies bottle. Without that, it can cause Legionaires disease.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2013, 08:00   #52
God Member

Humidity levels matter.

I used to own humidifiers and used them to disperse essential oils into the room.

I gave them away when I learned that by keeping humidity below 50%, dust mites die (they absorb air moisture to thrive).

So I now DE-humidify and breathe easier. High humidity feels like breathing pea soup.

Old 15-07-2013, 08:33   #53
God Member

If you are using a machine that absorbs heat into water by converting it into vapour that is released into room air, that isn't my definition of air conditioning.

You may feel cooler, but will feel sweatier because perspiration from your skin struggles to evaporate into air that is already loaded with moisture.

https://www.ashrae.org/resources--pu...r-conditioning

Old 15-07-2013, 14:57   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you are using a machine that absorbs heat into water by converting it into vapour that is released into room air, that isn't my definition of air conditioning.

You may feel cooler, but will feel sweatier because perspiration from your skin struggles to evaporate into air that is already loaded with moisture.

https://www.ashrae.org/resources--pu...r-conditioning
That principle works very well throughout the USA - known as "Swamp Coolers", where water trickles over aspen wood shavings and air is drawn through the shaving pack (sterilising medium should be used in the water), - they are very effective. In fact they are reputed to be what made much of Florida tolerable. However, they do not work as well in higher humidity levels and it is normal for houses to have both Swamp Coolers and A/C systems.

Last edited by Barrie Yates; 15-07-2013 at 15:04.
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 13:35   #55
I am Banned

Here you are Margaret get yerself down to Iceland
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (321.1 KB, 27 views)
mobertol likes this.
Old 17-07-2013, 22:16   #56
God Member

I can see you tried to cheer me up - thanks.

As every day the heat continues it becomes more like a struggle to survive.

Old 17-07-2013, 22:27   #57
I am Banned

Quote:
I can see you tried to cheer me up - thanks.

As every day the heat continues it becomes more like a struggle to survive.
I was gonna send it Jaysay too Margaret but I think he's had peas in bed before.
Old 17-07-2013, 22:33   #58
God Member

Those of you who are enjoying the hot sun, please don't label those of us, who aren't, as 'moaners'

Heatwaves and public health in Europe -

"higher risk of dying during a heatwave or from heat stroke, such as living alone, being socially isolated, no working air conditioning; and those in top floor apartments."

My aircon machine is saving my life - 5 days left to struggle before I move from under this hot shallow roof.

Old 17-07-2013, 23:33   #59
God Member

And you guys think you have it bad:

Alerts: Hillendale, Ontario: Kingston - Odessa - Frontenac Islands - The Weather Network
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 04:15   #60

Sorry to hear about your problems with the air conditioning, here in Oz quite a lot of AC Mechanics recommenmd having your AC on 22 degreed celcius in summer, according to them th AC works more effecienty at that setting rather than slaving to get the temp around 25 degrees, anyway hope you problems goes away as soon as possible.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..