Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2008, 15:16   #136
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Jambutty, why do you overreact and describe everything as "personal"? Logically, any reply specific to something you have posted has got to be personal but it does not imply an attack, merely a difference of opinion. I find the scenario of the advert amusing and I don't look for a hidden agenda. Being realistic if 200 people complained about this, out of the many tens of thousands who must have seen it, perhaps more saw it my way than yours.
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2008, 16:33   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Nonsense. Do you really believe that, in a gay partnership, one partner would be a New York Deli worker, dressed for the role and serving behind a counter? You really think that person would say, in response to the child's request for a sandwich, "You got it, kid"? For Heaven's sake, it's meant to be funny. Has your sense of humour been totally crushed by outrage and indignation over 2 men in a mock domestic scene?
well jambutty, i can see nothing personal in that post. n honestly doubt wether anyone can- only you.
Old 25-06-2008, 16:52   #138
Resting in Peace

Well it seems that this thread is getting way out of hand, in the world we live in it takes all sorts to make it go round, I have always been a bloke who has said live and let live. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is how some one is born, they don't have a choise as some people would have you think, they are what they are through a circumstance of birth, in actual fact the gay people I have know, both male and female are very genuine people, and are probably more sincere than a lot of thier hetrosexual counterarts
Old 25-06-2008, 16:57   #139
God Member

i wonder how many men would complain if it had been two sexy lesbians snogging and rolling around in heinz mayonaize

hell id watch em at it in a tub of heinz beans as long as it wasnt smell o'vision

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 16:59   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well it seems that this thread is getting way out of hand, in the world we live in it takes all sorts to make it go round, I have always been a bloke who has said live and let live. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is how some one is born, they don't have a choise as some people would have you think, they are what they are through a circumstance of birth, in actual fact the gay people I have know, both male and female are very genuine people, and are probably more sincere than a lot of thier hetrosexual counterarts

I AGREE but dont call a bloke mummy it just aint right

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 17:09   #141
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Jambutty, why do you overreact and describe everything as "personal"? Logically, any reply specific to something you have posted has got to be personal but it does not imply an attack, merely a difference of opinion. I find the scenario of the advert amusing and I don't look for a hidden agenda. Being realistic if 200 people complained about this, out of the many tens of thousands who must have seen it, perhaps more saw it my way than yours.
I do not overreact and describe everything as personal unless it gets personal.

So questioning a person’s sense of humour is not getting personal?

How people saw that ad is up to them. They are neither right nor wrong in forming an opinion about it.

But then what is prevalent is that the minority opinion is wrong and those with that opinion get castigated.
Old 25-06-2008, 17:11   #142
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well jambutty, i can see nothing personal in that post. n honestly doubt wether anyone can- only you.
Irrelevant!
Old 25-06-2008, 17:14   #143
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That was your first mistake.

erm... it wasnt a mistake - it was most definitely a purposeful action.

i just couldnt be bothered to read through all the petty squabling.

keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 17:18   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I wonder if the men who find homosexuality 'unnatural', would also have the same problem if it was a bit of girl on girl lip action?
Actually they would have a different problem ... one manifested by a bulge in their pants

Don't find the ad offensive, or even funny; there again I think that ads serve only one good purpose: they give you time to grab a beer without missing the show.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 17:24   #145
God Member

I just took another look at the ad. I can't see anything "gay" about it. It's as silly as the product is crappy .... but "gay"? If someone sees it as gay, or the men as gay lovers, I suspect that their perception is being distorted by their prejudice. Bottom line is: it's just another silly bloody ad.
Old 25-06-2008, 17:25   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
I AGREE but dont call a bloke mummy it just aint right
Fair play accyman I agree there
Old 25-06-2008, 17:36   #147
Resident Waffler

Aaaaaargh! this thread is driving me potty.

The kids are not calling a man Mummy. They are calling their mother Mummy. SHE is a woman but in the ad is being portrayed as a NY deli counter server because that is how they are seeing/treating their mother - as little more than a sandwich producer. They could have portrayed her as a sandwich dispensing machine and the guy could have come back and kissed the machine goodbye.

It's not about homosexuality.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 17:48   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Aaaaaargh! this thread is driving me potty.

The kids are not calling a man Mummy. They are calling their mother Mummy. SHE is a woman but in the ad is being portrayed as a NY deli counter server because that is how they are seeing/treating their mother - as little more than a sandwich producer. They could have portrayed her as a sandwich dispensing machine and the guy could have come back and kissed the machine goodbye.

It's not about homosexuality.
Thanx hon, that's it exactly. This should put an end to the bs; but it probably won't.
Old 25-06-2008, 17:56   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Irrelevant!
that just about sums up, much better n i ever could.
Old 25-06-2008, 18:14   #150
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Thanks to [email protected] I was able to watch the ad.

It portrays two men in a domestic relationship bringing up two kids, one small boy and one small girl. Never mind the product. That is incidental.

The two kids have been ‘programmed’ to call one of the men mum (much in the same way that a step parent acquires the mantle of mum or dad) and that above anything else sends out the wrong message. The kiss just reinforces that message.

That advert should never have been shown.
That was exactly how i saw it,,,,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..