Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2008, 04:02   #181
God Member

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are you playing with half a deck today? Even for you that made very little sense.

There is a very big difference between a homosexual and a paedophile, to think they are the same thing shows you for what you really are a small minded bigot!

Yes I know your going to start whining all over again because you think I'm getting at you, but, good grief man? Where do you get your values from?

Having said all this your statement is just ambiguous enough for YOU to go into denial and say that I have got it all wrong and it's not what you meant.
Jambutty just said that some people deny that ALL types of people abuse their own children and other peoples children too. His comment made perfect sense and it was an intelligent comment. People from each type of sexuality have been seen to abuse children, whether they are their own or other peoples. His point makes perfect sense to me?

There is a petition to stop the withdrawal of this advert on the internet that has about 3000 signatures I think. It is BLATANT homophobia and it is disgusting. I don't really think anything more than that even needs to be said, this has gone too far already.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2008, 04:35   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Jambutty just said that some people deny that ALL types of people abuse their own children and other peoples children too. His comment made perfect sense and it was an intelligent comment. People from each type of sexuality have been seen to abuse children, whether they are their own or other peoples. His point makes perfect sense to me?

sorry to disagree , Jambutty said "There is enough child sexual abuse going on from its natural parents as it is, so imagine the potential abuse of a young girl whose parents are lesbians? Or a young boy who has two male parents?" which I read as saying Gay male or lesbian parents are more likely to abuse their children.......proven fact ...most men who mess with kids are 'straight ' males (usually white males by percentile demographics)

he also wrote .."People who are infertile are ‘built’ that way. If they cannot spawn offspring it is natures way of not allowing the ‘wrong build’ from being passed on." maybe a DNA test should be required before couples are allowed to mate , think there is a de-bunked science called Eugenics which covers this (as well as proscribing all religions which allow first cousins to marry)

more from same source " It is the wrong mix of good genes that can produce an offspring that is infertile or gay or blind or whatever." ever heard of Doctor Mengale.

As I have said before in previous posts , the Gay /lesbian couples I know who are raising children (either natural or adopted) are doing a damn fine job , and in many cases better than some the straight/hetrosexual families I know
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 04:40   #183
God Member

I'm just commenting on less' comment on JB's specific post, not that one that you have dissected for me. Thanks for the comprehension lesson though, but I wasn't commenting on that post anyway.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 08:38   #184
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
but... i suppose masturbation is unnatural aswell........

Why? If God did not want you too He would have made your arms shorter.
Old 26-06-2008, 09:17   #185
Resting in Peace

Just a little wander here, but there's a film on tomorrow morning 2.5am on channel 4 that may just put the cat among the pigeons on this thread, the films called My Mother Frank
Old 26-06-2008, 10:55   #186
Loz

Well all i can say is that i'm sure there are far more important topics to get worked up about than an advert!
Personally i thought it was a clever ad and in no way offensive.
I can't understand how it turned into a 13 page thread!?
I also can't believe some of the rubbish i've read especially Jambutty.
In this day and age it would be nice if people weren't so narrowminded.
My Fiances Mum is in a relationship with a woman and they jokingly and affectionately call her Dad,I know that wasn't the point of the ad but i thought i would mention it anyway.
His mum has Five sons and they have all had a great upbringing for the most part by her girlfriend so to suggest that kids will be affected if they are brought up by a same sex couple is a load of tosh to me.
Old 26-06-2008, 11:03   #187
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Well all i can say is that i'm sure there are far more important topics to get worked up about than an advert!
Personally i thought it was a clever ad and in no way offensive.
I can't understand how it turned into a 13 page thread!?
I also can't believe some of the rubbish i've read especially Jambutty.
In this day and age it would be nice if people weren't so narrowminded.
My Fiances Mum is in a relationship with a woman and they jokingly and affectionately call her Dad,I know that wasn't the point of the ad but i thought i would mention it anyway.
His mum has Five sons and they have all had a great upbringing for the most part by her girlfriend so to suggest that kids will be affected if they are brought up by a same sex couple is a load of tosh to me.
Well you've got to admit Loz, its got people talking on here ain't it, wether some of it is rubbish or not, its peoples oponions, and thats what makes the world go round, if we all thought the same what a boring life it would be, just imagin me always agreeing with Graham Jones, how boring would that be
Old 26-06-2008, 12:42   #188
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well you've got to admit Loz, its got people talking on here ain't it, wether some of it is rubbish or not, its peoples oponions, and thats what makes the world go round, if we all thought the same what a boring life it would be, just imagin me always agreeing with Graham Jones, how boring would that be
Fair point!
I wasn't trying to suggest that we all have the same opinions its just that some of them were very tasteless IMO.
Old 26-06-2008, 16:20   #189
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Fair point!
I wasn't trying to suggest that we all have the same opinions its just that some of them were very tasteless IMO.
Thats what makes the world go round Loz especially the very tasteless ones
Old 27-06-2008, 14:53   #190
white rabbits

i am not homaphobic, i just think its a crap advert,,,the sutalty went over my head
Old 27-06-2008, 15:57   #191
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
i am not homaphobic, i just think its a crap advert,,,the sutalty went over my head
Well I think thats the best answer of the whole thread GC
Old 27-06-2008, 16:46   #192
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why? If God did not want you too He would have made your arms shorter.

one american preecher once said that in the bible it says it is better for your seed to fall in the belly of a whore than on the floor..

seems fair enough to me

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 19:37   #193
Senior Member+

Right, I have just watched the advert and cannot believe so many people have got worked up about it !
The tag line for the ad mentions "New York Deli" ; the bloke in the kitchen making the sarnies is obviously representing the New York Deli, the English family collecting their lunches are like his customers; the kiss at the end is humourous throw away,what on earth is everyone getting so het up about?
New Yorkers traditionally pass the time of day in their delis, that's all that happens.
Some folk on here really, really need to get a life ( sweet cheeks !!)

(btw if you get up in the morning and make packed lunches it does sometimes feel like a production line in a deli !)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..