Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2008, 17:15   #46
God Member

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Don't know about the 'kiss' poisoning childrens minds , but the crap Heinz product will definatly poison their bodies, totally wrong to serve kids stuff like that .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2008, 17:20   #47
Resting in Peace

In the 70s and early 80s I worked extensively in the night club industry, and of course I came accross a lt of gay people. One night a gay barman was asked a qestion, he was asked why, when there were so many good looking young girls all around, did he fancy men, his answer made me think and did explain a lot. He said I am a victim of circumstance, I have the mind of a woman in a mans body, to me there is no answer to that, the best explanation you could get really
Old 24-06-2008, 17:33   #48
Senior Member+

Tin Monkey.... are you one of these people that thinks Gay people 'choose' to be gay and can be reprogrammed into being straight??

Sexuality is intrinsic (right word?) so therefore is natural......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:39   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Don't know about the 'kiss' poisoning childrens minds , but the crap Heinz product will definatly poison their bodies, totally wrong to serve kids stuff like that .
Living in America that is laughable Steeljack . the sauce crap they serve over there is more than excessive.

If you look at the sandwich it is a ham salad sandwich which seemingly is known to fulfill everything that is required in a diet.. the addition of a little sauce would do no harm. Need a little fat.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:42   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'd have to argue the point that homosexuality isn't natural.

It might not be liked, and it's certainly a minority, but it has been a part of every society since time began, as well as in every species of other animals. Therefore, by it's very defintion, it's part of nature.
Tell me about it .. wanna' see the drakes on my lodge mounting each other during the Spring .. would like to think they are practicing, but sure I can detect a smile....
Old 24-06-2008, 17:46   #51
God Member

I had never seen the ad, so searched You tube- it is there

I don't find it offensive

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:47   #52
Resident Waffler

It's in the original link on this thread - or was when I looked.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:48   #53
God Member

sorry missed that

ps just looked again - press links were given but not the actual ad

Old 24-06-2008, 17:49   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. you've had your hissy fit and proved yourself to be like Elton, you seem to be erring on the side of hetrophobic THE sexuality that although is considered the norm' isn't compulsory if you wish to sleep on the brown side of the sheets, fine, just don't expect it to be an easy ride!

Why on earth people like you call yourselves 'gay', I've no idea you all seem more depressed than happy, live with your sexuality and allow the rest of us to live with ours don't blame us because you're different, we didn't make you the way you are.

I hope you can come to terms with what is obviously a big issue for you but is of no real consequence to the rest of us.
What you have just said in the above post is complete & utter rubbish. Im not even going to say anymore in response to your post.

Last edited by Mick; 25-06-2008 at 05:08.
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:55   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Living in America that is laughable Steeljack . the sauce crap they serve over there is more than excessive.

If you look at the sandwich it is a ham salad sandwich which seemingly is known to fulfill everything that is required in a diet.. the addition of a little sauce would do no harm. Need a little fat.
wasn't commenting on the good stuff on the sandwich , just the 'Mayo' junk , there are so many chemicals and preservatives in it that it lasts forever , recently found an opened jar in the back of the fridge with a use by 2005 date and it was still good , just a bit of crud around the screw top rim .
Sure MargaretR will be able to provide an analysis of the health benefits of such stuff
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 17:59   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Sure MargaretR will be able to provide an analysis of the health benefits of such stuff

Not meant to be particularly healthy .. just tasty to lift what could be a dull sandwich. To me, all food is healthy ! .. LOL ... if taken in moderation blah, blah, blah.
Old 24-06-2008, 17:59   #57
God Member

In this recent thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ous-40396.html
I looked at my own jar of mayonnaise - it's fine - just check that your brand doesn't have hydrogenised oil

Old 24-06-2008, 18:01   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sorry missed that

ps just looked again - press links were given but not the actual ad
Actually Margaret, doesn't come up for me on the original post ... had to go through google to get it on a gay site.... Sure is the same for others.
Old 24-06-2008, 18:04   #59
Resident Waffler

It's still coming up on the original link for me. It's embedded in the news page. Doesn't load immediately.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 18:05   #60
Give, give, give member

I wonder if the men who find homosexuality 'unnatural', would also have the same problem if it was a bit of girl on girl lip action?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..