Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2008, 18:07   #61
Resident Waffler

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

If a girl gave a girl a peck like that I wouldn't assume they were lesbians either. It's just so not a passionate kiss.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2008, 18:08   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I wonder if the men who find homosexuality 'unnatural', would also have the same problem if it was a bit of girl on girl lip action?
Yeh, they are really turned on by that 'ain't they' ... hypocrites ...

Last edited by katex; 24-06-2008 at 18:17.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 18:09   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If a girl gave a girl a peck like that I wouldn't assume they were lesbians either. It's just so not a passionate kiss.
Perhaps they might use the actresses from Tipping the Velvet, to advertise Quilted Velvet toilet paper.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 18:10   #64
Resting in Peace

I didn't find it offensive i just thought it pathetic.It won't encourage me to either buy the product or indeed become a raving iron.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 18:13   #65
God Member

I don't find affectionate pecks between the same gender offensive
If it had been a hot tongue down the throat job, then I might have said yuk- not for family viewing

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 18:38   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I wonder what would happen if they had more than 200 complaints about the complaints?
Someone shoot me now.

That's what I said to Rhonda this morning
Old 24-06-2008, 19:49   #67
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I'm amazed that anyone could find this advert offensive because, for a start, there is nothing Gay about it. I tend to agree that the whole withdrawal thing is part of a strategy but I think the little scene is very funny. It was no more Gay than Morecambe and Wise (and, before them, Laurel and Hardy) sharing a double bed.
Give me Morcambe and Wise ,and Laurel and Hardy any day of the week,,,They were in a league of their own,,,,Certainly no inuendoes,,just good clean funny "MEN"
Old 24-06-2008, 20:08   #68
Senior Member+

Hmmm... there are 2 discussions going on here. The Heinz advert did bother me, not because of the 'gay' undertones, but because it isn't particularly funny. Apart from the poor quality of the advert, I saw no offense in it.

The other discussion seems to be whether homosexuality is natural. Well, like it or not, it isn't natural. Intercourse is with the intention of passing on DNA to the next generation, but reproduction is impossible between humans of the same sex. Of course, as advanced human-beings we override nature everyday, but don't ever tell me that homosexuality is natural. I know that homosexuality exists in nature, but if that trend became the natural norm, then the species would die out.

I have no problem with alternative lifestyles, but personally I do not like to see two men kissing. As I said before, if that makes me a homophobe, or whatever the in-vogue term may be, then fair enough. I can live with that.
Old 24-06-2008, 20:22   #69
Senior Member+

omg..............my 6 year old accepts it, why on earth cant you? He has seen 2 men kissing and 2 women kissing and didnt question it!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 20:42   #70
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
omg..............my 6 year old accepts it, why on earth cant you? He has seen 2 men kissing and 2 women kissing and didnt question it!
when i was 6,i believed in tooth fairies,and diddent question it
Old 24-06-2008, 20:49   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And Gayle, Janet and Mummiboo too.
You can include me too.

I interpreted it that mum was the NY Deli counter guy too.

What a load of fuss over nothing.
Old 24-06-2008, 20:49   #72
Passed away 25-11-09

I think the intention of the advert was to display a little humour in having the "mother" portrayed as a street-wise, world-weary New Yorker (didn't he look like Robert de Niro? I like him), with the accent we all associate with the Sopranos. I suppose the inference was that Heinz Mayo is good enough for a NY deli, where they know their sandwiches.

On the more thorny question of homosexuality (which, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this advert), I can only say - whatever floats your boat. I don't, personally, understand how one can desire a member of one's own sex but I appreciate there are those who do. I don't think it's "natural", because I am heterosexual, but I'm pretty sure it feels very natural to a gay person. I don't know why anyone, of either persuasion, should get hot under the collar in a discussion like this. The way I see it is - I like sugar, you like salt, so what?
Old 24-06-2008, 20:51   #73
Senior Member+

he understands that my friend Gary has a boyfriend and kisses boys, my friend Helen has a girlfriend and kisses girls.............

boys can love boys or girls and girls can love girls or boys...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 21:04   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
he understands that my friend Gary has a boyfriend and kisses boys,
That couldn't have come out any better!!!! Absolute classic.
Old 24-06-2008, 21:05   #75
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The other discussion seems to be whether homosexuality is natural. Well, like it or not, it isn't natural. Intercourse is with the intention of passing on DNA to the next generation, but reproduction is impossible between humans of the same sex.
Your social life must be fun, if you've only ever had intercourse with the hope of producing a child.

I take it you haven't done 'it' very often?

Either that or you live with the old woman who lived in a shoe, the one that had so many children she didn't know what to do?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..