Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2008, 07:13   #91
God Member

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Has anyone considered this?

Homosexuality is a natural way of controlling population whilst satisfying the basic desire for pleasurable emotional and physical satisfaction.

So by endowing some proportion of the world population with these inclinations, a global, natural way of controlling population has resulted.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2008, 08:02   #92
Resident Waffler

Apart from them lesbian women who want to be parents and go for amateur AI.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 08:21   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Apart from them lesbian women who want to be parents and go for amateur AI.
Hehehe... good point.

A lot depends on what you believe in Margaret. If you believe in a God (or such like), then the idea of a grand vision where such factors are created would be applicable. However, if you believe in a natural selection process, then any such abnormalities would be seen as a genetic 'throw back'.

A blind watchmaker? You bet!
Old 25-06-2008, 08:29   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Hehehe... good point.

A lot depends on what you believe in Margaret. If you believe in a God (or such like), then the idea of a grand vision where such factors are created would be applicable. However, if you believe in a natural selection process, then any such abnormalities would be seen as a genetic 'throw back'.

A blind watchmaker? You bet!
I am atheist and believe that our planet evolves its own way of controlling equilibrium and stability.

At present our over population and destruction of biodiversity will eventually be balanced by catostrophic natural disasters which will cause large scale human death and the balance will be restored.

Not a nice prospect I know.
I am known as the 'harbinger of doom'
but it will be necessary and will ensure the survival of the human race and all life on this planet.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 11:16   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Hehehe.... someone just left anonymous karma calling me a 'dim-wit'. Should I start a thread about it?

I thought my argument was very eloquent and well sourced, which is more than can be said for an ignorant, unsigned comment. Where's JB when you need him? Oh yeah, he's on my ignore list.
I notice that you haven't commented as to whether you think every act of union, which may include a man who has had a vasectomy, a post menepausal woman, or indeed any couple who use contraception, is also 'unnatural', because there is no chance of any offspring being produced.

As for mentioning your karma comment, it certainly wasn't me.

If I thought you were a dimwit I'd say so in a thread, as I much prefer to playing to a wider audience, than giving private shows for one.

If you don't believe me I could always give you a karma comment now, if you so wish.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 11:22   #96
God Member

Why do we need to know every time somebody gets negative karma?? It is getting a bit boring now
Old 25-06-2008, 11:29   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Why do we need to know every time somebody gets negative karma?? It is getting a bit boring now
Lol, it is.

I could have a whole section to myself, if I felt the need to share with you every time I got any red blobs.

I also have a theory that people that make a big fuss about it, are more likely to be targeted, because the person doing it knows they'll get a reaction.

It seems to pain some people more than childbirth...which brings us nicely back on track.

Old 25-06-2008, 11:37   #98
Resident Waffler

What about all the people who can't have children because they are infertile? Are they normal? Maybe we should test people before they marry and not allow it if they can't reproduce.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 11:40   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I notice that you haven't commented as to whether you think every act of union, which may include a man who has had a vasectomy, a post menepausal woman, or indeed any couple who use contraception, is also 'unnatural', because there is no chance of any offspring being produced.
I believe that humans have a natural instinct for any kind of sexual intercourse because genetically speaking it has for the most part of humans' existence provided reproduction, which is the core survival instinct. This means that the only 'natural' course of sexual intercourse is for reproduction, and we're just using our instincts for differing ends otherwise as we do have the ability to defeat our genes. Instincts are harder to overcome.
I refer you to my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Just because a person believes homosexuality is unnatural does not mean they lead lynchings or at all condemn homosexuality.
People are mistakenly confusing what is natural with what is 'good' and in turn unnatural acts with what is 'bad'.
Believing homosexuality is unnatural is a opinion on biology and by no means a signal of homophobia.
The last sentence is for thomas.lee especially.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 11:55   #100
I am Banned

i havent read though all the posts - so somebody may have already said it -
i dont see anything of homosexuality in the advert -its just an advert
but .......
if we are going to nit pick - then why does the person maiking the sandwiches have to be a man? do women not work in deli counters ?
but the advert wouldnt work then would it ? mmmm..how many of theose that complained i wonder had been sat on the sofa all day watchiing tv and had numb butts ??
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 11:58   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I believe that humans have a natural instinct for any kind of sexual intercourse because genetically speaking it has for the most part of humans' existence provided reproduction, which is the core survival instinct. This means that the only 'natural' course of sexual intercourse is for reproduction, and we're just using our instincts for differing ends otherwise as we do have the ability to defeat our genes. Instincts are harder to overcome.
I refer you to my earlier post.
So you are saying that any heterosexual union, where there is no chance of conception, is also unnatural?

Old 25-06-2008, 12:08   #102
God Member

Quote:
So you are saying that any heterosexual union, where there is no chance of conception, is also unnatural?
It is fueled by natural means by way of instinct, however consciously working towards an unnatural end.
Old 25-06-2008, 12:20   #103
Give, give, give member

I guess I'm just lucky, in that my opinions were formed by receiving a secular education.

Personally I don't understand people who go train spotting, though I suppose how they spend their time is natural to them.

Old 25-06-2008, 12:22   #104
God Member

Quote:
I guess I'm just lucky, in that my opinions were formed by receiving a secular education.
I suppose I'm all the more lucky, in ignoring my (albeit diluted and half-arsed) faith based secondary education and finding my own opinions
Old 25-06-2008, 12:24   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
I didn't think that I needed to comment, but if you insist. Strictly speaking, contraception of any kind (including vasectomies) is going against nature, but as advanced human beings we override nature everyday. I feel like I'm going round in circles here. Homosexuality isn't natural, it's an aberration.

Quote:
As for mentioning your karma comment, it certainly wasn't me.

If you don't believe me I could always give you a karma comment now, if you so wish.
You can take this as a compliment, but I never thought that it was you. Of course if you're looking to throw some positive karma my way... well, I wouldn't refuse it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..