Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2008, 12:26   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
i havent read though all the posts -
That was your first mistake.
Old 25-06-2008, 12:26   #107
Give, give, give member

I suppose the people who think that any act of union, which cannot result in conception, must think those who decide to remain lifelong virgins, such as priests and nuns, are the most unnatural of all.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 12:28   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I suppose the people who think that any act of union, which cannot result in conception, must think those who decide to remain lifelong virgins, such as priests and nuns, are the most unnatural of all.
Indeed.

Again, I refer you to my earlier post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Just because a person believes homosexuality is unnatural does not mean they lead lynchings or at all condemn homosexuality.
People are mistakenly confusing what is natural with what is 'good' and in turn unnatural acts with what is 'bad'.
Believing homosexuality is unnatural is a opinion on biology and by no means a signal of homophobia.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 12:30   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The thing is, we resist nature on a daily basis, by living to an old age instead of dying at around 30, by not conceiving children every time we have sex, by choosing not to pass on our genes, etc.
Old 25-06-2008, 12:31   #110
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I didn't think that I needed to comment, but if you insist. Strictly speaking, contraception of any kind (including vasectomies) is going against nature, but as advanced human beings we override nature everyday. I feel like I'm going round in circles here. Homosexuality isn't natural, it's an aberration.

...and how do the many cases of homosexuality, in animal species other than man, override nature?

Old 25-06-2008, 12:35   #111
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The thing is, we resist nature on a daily basis, by living to an old age instead of dying at around 30, by not conceiving children every time we have sex, by choosing not to pass on our genes, etc.
Pity Accy Web isn't scratch 'n' sniff.

I've always wondred what hypocrisy smelled like.

Old 25-06-2008, 12:47   #112
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.lee View Post
How is it 'over the top'?! There are countless adverts where we see a man & woman kiss.. but just because its two men you think its over the top and 'dont like it'! What you have basically just said is homophobic, and its people like you who give children of today the impression that homosexuality is wrong, which leads to bullying throughout schools, and other acts of discrimination such as racism etc.

Absolutely no justification for your comments.
I haven’t seen this advert but if it showed two men kissing on the lips then I would have been disgusted. It happened once in Dr Who too, when the doctor kissed Captain Jack.

Homosexuality is against nature and just an unfortunate mix of genes.

All life forms on this planet are here to procreate and further the species. Homosexuals cannot do this naturally. So if someone is born as a homosexual it is nature’s way of ensuring that that particular mix of genes cannot be passed on. We defy nature at our peril.

What is totally wrong is one partner in a lesbian relationship becoming pregnant by whatever means and for them to bring that child up or to adopt a child. The same goes for two gay men adopting a child even if one of them actually fathers that child.

Just imagine the bullying at school or on the street when it becomes known that little Johnny or Mary has two parents of the same sex. That kids life will become a misery. Kids can be vicious against kids from ‘normal’ families so what chance has little Johnny with two dads?

There is enough child sexual abuse going on from its natural parents as it is, so imagine the potential abuse of a young girl whose parents are lesbians? Or a young boy who has two male parents?

Parents will bring kids up in their own image. If two lesbians or two gay men had a child of their sex to bring up, wouldn’t they do the same? A child learns from its parents and even if it isn’t born with the wrong mix of genes the poor kid could learn to bend that way, because for it, it is the norm.
Old 25-06-2008, 12:50   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Homosexuality is against nature and just an unfortunate mix of genes.

All life forms on this planet are here to procreate and further the species. Homosexuals cannot do this naturally. So if someone is born as a homosexual it is nature’s way of ensuring that that particular mix of genes cannot be passed on. We defy nature at our peril.

Have you not contradicted yourself there??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 12:51   #114
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Though let's not forget that homosexuals are the result of a 'natural' heterosexual coupling.

Old 25-06-2008, 12:53   #115
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i found this advert offensive not because it was 2 gay men but because they had a child calling the man mummy

sory but that dosnt sit right with me and although no expert i dont think gay male couples who have children would expect a child to call a man mummy just as 2 lesbian women wouldnt expect a child to call a woman daddy

well thats what i think anyway
Agreed!
Old 25-06-2008, 12:57   #116
God Member

i listened to the advert on the radio when it was been dicussed and the dj said the boy called a man mummy and that is the bit i think was bad taste,if the boy didnt call a man mummy then fair enough but i posted on the information i had heard on bbc radio2

either way heinz chose homosexuality to boost their product just like eastenders did when they boosted their shows ratings by showing 2 men snogging for the first time on a tv show

when there are no people left who are against homosexuality to talk about it what are they going to use to shock people with adverts

pedophiles promoting habbo sweets in a playground perhaps ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 25-06-2008 at 13:00.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 12:59   #117
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If two lesbians or two gay men had a child of their sex to bring up, wouldn’t they do the same? A child learns from its parents and even if it isn’t born with the wrong mix of genes the poor kid could learn to bend that way, because for it, it is the norm.
There is absolutely no evidence that this is the case.

After all, if we are the result of nurture rather than nature, there wouldn't be any homosexuals at all, as the vast majority of children are brought up by heterosexual parents.

The percentage of homosexuals is exactly the same in whatever type of household a child is reared in, regardless of the gender, or the sexual orientation, of the parent(s).

Old 25-06-2008, 13:16   #118
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What about all the people who can't have children because they are infertile? Are they normal? Maybe we should test people before they marry and not allow it if they can't reproduce.
People who are infertile are ‘built’ that way. If they cannot spawn offspring it is natures way of not allowing the ‘wrong build’ from being passed on.
Old 25-06-2008, 13:22   #119
God Member

Quote:
If they cannot spawn offspring it is natures way of not allowing the ‘wrong build’ from being passed on.
That's why they have a man at Queens Park with Valium and a knife.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 13:25   #120
Give, give, give member

Quote:
People who are infertile are ‘built’ that way. If they cannot spawn offspring it is natures way of not allowing the ‘wrong build’ from being passed on.
Would it not be their parents who are 'unnatural', in the fact that they produced someone who was infertile, and had already passed on their genes?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..