Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2008, 13:31   #121
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There is absolutely no evidence that this is the case.

After all, if we are the result of nurture rather than nature, there wouldn't be any homosexuals at all, as the vast majority of children are brought up by heterosexual parents.

The percentage of homosexuals is exactly the same in whatever type of household a child is reared in, regardless of the gender, or the sexual orientation, of the parent(s).
Not yet there isn’t because it is only recently that homosexual couples have been able to become parents to children. We will find out in ten, fifteen years time.

When a child is born it will have a particular mix of genes. If the mix went wrong and the result was a homosexual child that would not show until early teens at the earliest and in the meantime it would be brought up as a heterosexual child. Although there could be signs in early childhood.

Funny little fellow,
Wears his sister’s clothes.
Don’t know what to call him,
But we think he’s one of those.
Old 25-06-2008, 13:35   #122
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Would it not be their parents who are 'unnatural', in the fact that they produced someone who was infertile, and had already passed on their genes?
It is the wrong mix of good genes that can produce an offspring that is infertile or gay or blind or whatever.
Old 25-06-2008, 13:37   #123
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Thanks to [email protected] I was able to watch the ad.

It portrays two men in a domestic relationship bringing up two kids, one small boy and one small girl. Never mind the product. That is incidental.

The two kids have been ‘programmed’ to call one of the men mum (much in the same way that a step parent acquires the mantle of mum or dad) and that above anything else sends out the wrong message. The kiss just reinforces that message.

That advert should never have been shown.
Old 25-06-2008, 13:41   #124
Give, give, give member

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Not yet there isn’t because it is only recently that homosexual couples have been able to become parents to children. We will find out in ten, fifteen years time.
Maybe not in Darwen, but those lesbians who wanted a family, have been self inseminating for at least forty years.

Therefore all the research that has been done, which shows the incidence of homosexuality is no greater in homes with homosexual parent(s), is valid.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 13:44   #125
Give, give, give member

Strangely the most effective cure for homophobia, or those who think nurture is stronger than nature, is when one of their own children, or grandchildren, turn out to be homosexual.

God help 'em.

Old 25-06-2008, 13:46   #126
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Maybe not in Darwen, but those lesbians who wanted a family, have been self inseminating for at least forty years.

Therefore all the research that has been done, which shows the incidence of homosexuality is no greater in homes with homosexual parent(s), is valid.
Prove it!!!
Old 25-06-2008, 13:54   #127
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Prove it!!!
Research suggests that sexual identities (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) develop in much the same ways among children of lesbian mothers as they do among children of heterosexual parents (Patterson, 2004a). Studies of other aspects of personal development (including personality, self-concept, and conduct) similarly reveal few differences between children of lesbian mothers and children of heterosexual parents (Perrin, 2002; Stacey & Biblarz, 2001; Tasker, 1999).

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/policy/parents.html

Though if you wanted me to prove that lesbians have been using turkey bastors, for uses that they weren't really designed for, I'll leave you to do your own research.

Old 25-06-2008, 14:06   #128
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It is the wrong mix of good genes that can produce an offspring that is infertile or gay or blind or whatever.
Thank you Mr. Hitler, let's bring back the death camps!

As irritating as I find homosexuals that have no tolerance for the rest of us, I find your comments to be those of the intellectually blind, when we re-introduce the camps, can we move you to the front of the queue?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 14:11   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
let's bring back the death CAMPS!

literally lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 14:25   #130
Senior Member+

I was waiting for this argument to arrive and here it is at last. Anybody who voices an opinion which goes against today's moral climate on homosexuality is automatically branded as a homophobe and by association, a Nazi or right-wing extremist.

I also don't understand where Rindy's claim of hypocrisy comes from. I've stayed loyal to my original argument throughout.
Old 25-06-2008, 14:38   #131
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Research suggests that sexual identities (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) develop in much the same ways among children of lesbian mothers as they do among children of heterosexual parents (Patterson, 2004a). Studies of other aspects of personal development (including personality, self-concept, and conduct) similarly reveal few differences between children of lesbian mothers and children of heterosexual parents (Perrin, 2002; Stacey & Biblarz, 2001; Tasker, 1999).

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/policy/parents.html

Though if you wanted me to prove that lesbians have been using turkey bastors, for uses that they weren't really designed for, I'll leave you to do your own research.
Interesting article.

I am not doubting the ability of homosexuals to be good parents. Indeed I would suggest that being out of the mainstream they would make greater efforts to show that they could be good parents.
Quote:
“Results of social science research have failed to confirm any of these concerns about children of lesbian and gay parents”

But they haven’t unequivocally denied that there could be concerns. In other words the jury is still out. And whilst the jury is out kids do not belong in a same sex environment.
Old 25-06-2008, 14:41   #132
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Thanks to [email protected] I was able to watch the ad.

It portrays two men in a domestic relationship bringing up two kids, one small boy and one small girl. Never mind the product. That is incidental.

The two kids have been ‘programmed’ to call one of the men mum (much in the same way that a step parent acquires the mantle of mum or dad) and that above anything else sends out the wrong message. The kiss just reinforces that message.

That advert should never have been shown.

Nonsense. Do you really believe that, in a gay partnership, one partner would be a New York Deli worker, dressed for the role and serving behind a counter? You really think that person would say, in response to the child's request for a sandwich, "You got it, kid"? For Heaven's sake, it's meant to be funny. Has your sense of humour been totally crushed by outrage and indignation over 2 men in a mock domestic scene?
Old 25-06-2008, 14:46   #133
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Thank you Mr. Hitler, let's bring back the death camps!

As irritating as I find homosexuals that have no tolerance for the rest of us, I find your comments to be those of the intellectually blind, when we re-introduce the camps, can we move you to the front of the queue?
Can I remind the reader that it was not me who first got personal? I never do in spite of the many accusations that I have received.

Thus I reserve the right to retaliate in kind if I choose to. But I choose not to on this occasion other than - if the best that you can do is to get personal then you don’t have a case to make.
Old 25-06-2008, 15:00   #134
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Can I remind the reader that it was not me who first got personal? I never do in spite of the many accusations that I have received.

Thus I reserve the right to retaliate in kind if I choose to. But I choose not to on this occasion other than - if the best that you can do is to get personal then you don’t have a case to make.
You foolish fellow, yet again you choose rather than to realise how wrong you are, to think I was just being personal, no I wasn't being personal I was picking holes in the pile of garbage you posted.

Retaliate anyway you wish but one thing for certain you will never admit that what you posted was the type of thought that caused the Holocaust.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 15:06   #135
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Nonsense. Do you really believe that, in a gay partnership, one partner would be a New York Deli worker, dressed for the role and serving behind a counter? You really think that person would say, in response to the child's request for a sandwich, "You got it, kid"? For Heaven's sake, it's meant to be funny. Has your sense of humour been totally crushed by outrage and indignation over 2 men in a mock domestic scene?
Another person getting personal! It never ends does it? But then that is what happens when someone cannot counter what has been written and can only resort to personal and disparaging remarks.

First of all it is clearly a domestic scene and the “wife” could well be ready to go to work in a deli once the kids and “husband” are safely sent off to school and work. Hence the outfit. Taxi drivers leave home in their uniform as do nurses, bus drivers etc.

Doesn’t “hubby” say, “See you tonight love”? And afterwards “wifey” says, “Love you.”

That advert is normalising two gay men as parents of children and is totally out of order.

Incidentally have your kids never rushed in saying something like, “Can I have a ……..”? The “wife’s” response was what he was used to saying at his place of work. Nothing wrong in that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..