Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2009, 21:42   #1

Help Please

I need your help please.

As many of you know my beloved Mum died last year.

She had a charm bracelet, which she had added charms too for the last 40 years. On that charm bracelet, which was gold, were charms from her late Mum and Dad, her late husbund, myself, and my Dad (my mum and dad divorced when I was 12 but remained friends).

Charms included a 10 bob note, an old pound note, a lion, a traffic light, and a soverign.

I lent the charm bracelet to my sister last October for my mums funeral, as my sister wanted to wear it (I already had one and wore that).

That charm bracelet was my mothers trademark. It doesn't matter how much monetary value it had, it is the sentimental value that it has that is important to me.

My sister couldn't keep the charm bracelet as she has very severe excema, so it was agreed amongst ourselves that she would borrow and wear it for mums funeral, then the charm bracelet would be put away and given to my daughter (her only grand daughter) on her 21st birthday.

I have, since Mums funeral kept asking for this bracelet back, to put with other jewelry that my Mum had. My sister has kept making excuses, but assuring me that the bracelet was safe.

On 2nd November this year my sister left a violent partner in Bolton. On 3rd we went over to Bolton to get this bracelet and because the partner had been so violent to her the police met us at the property. However the bracelet was not there, and my sister reported it as stolen to the police.

Something niggled me though, and I eventually got it out of my sister that she had pawned this bracelet at H and T pawnbrokers in Blackburn in March this year. I have phoned H and T and they have told me the bracelet has been sold on (they only keep them for 6 months after they have been pawned).

Please, if anybody knows who has bought this bracelet could they please let me know. It is of huge sentimental value to me, every charm told a story, and I am so upset over losing it.

I am willing of course to pay to get it back.

I don't want to start a thread for the rights and wrongs of what my sister has done......I already know that and have cried buckets over it. I just want to try and get the bracelet, which wasn't my sisters to pawn, back.

Many thanks in advance
Old 20-11-2009, 21:48   #2
God Member

Re: Help Please

Hope you somehow manage to get it back.
Old 20-11-2009, 21:51   #3

Thanks Bernie
Old 20-11-2009, 21:55   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ya got a tough un yon Forceten, sincerly hope ya manage to trace it n get it back, good luck.
Old 20-11-2009, 22:25   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Would the Pawn Broker have the name & address of the purchasers? He may not be willing to let you have it but, he might just contact them on your behalf?

After all, your sister doesn't seem to have any rights to it and she also lied to the Police, saying it was stolen, therefore it may be classed as stolen goods in which case did the Pawn Broker actually have the right to sell it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 22:39   #6
Senior Member+

If you dont mind going public with this, why not contact the telegraph...you might get a result...but i'm sure they would keep your name private if you want, from there point of view it would be a human interest story! You could contact them anonymously in the first instance to see what feedback you get from them!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..