Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 17:27   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question Here we go again...another scare?

whatever next!!?

Mobile Phone Scare For Pregnant Women | Health | Sky News
Old 03-08-2008, 17:36   #2
God Member

Re: Here we go again...another scare?

Are you trying to do me out of a job or what !!!!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 17:36   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Regardless of whether or not the risks were real, Dr Kheifets said, they would be lessened if expectant mothers used a hands-free kit.
Now is that really true? I have read that the plugin ear phone type are more dangerous than holding the phone to your head - radio wave wise.

What about the bluetooth emissions from having a radio device stuffing in your ear all the time?

I use a bluetooth car kit but the phone is always on my belt or in my pocket, it must be better for you ladies who leave them in their bag. Mine is always next to my body.
Old 03-08-2008, 17:57   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Mine is always next to my body.
Just be careful not to get pregnant Neil.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 20:15   #5

what with all these things that are bad for us, its a wonder we survived and the dinosaurs copped it.

Wonder if they carried mobile phones and thats what went wrong?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08   #6
Resting in Peace

I think use blokes will have to stop carrying our mobiles in our trouser pockets, it could just scramble our brains
Old 04-08-2008, 13:11   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Quote:
Regardless of whether or not the risks were real, Dr Kheifets said, they would be lessened if expectant mothers used a hands-free kit.
Now is that really true? I have read that the plugin ear phone type are more dangerous than holding the phone to your head - radio wave wise.

What about the bluetooth emissions from having a radio device stuffing in your ear all the time?

I use a bluetooth car kit but the phone is always on my belt or in my pocket, it must be better for you ladies who leave them in their bag. Mine is always next to my body.

I'd have thought that having an actively transmitting mobile at waist level is more likely to affect an unborn baby. At least against an ear, it's only the mother's brain being frazzled...
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 13:18   #8
God Member

Why are people so dissmissive of any new research? Surely people only want the best for their children and if research points to the excessive use of mobile phones whilst pregnant having an adverse effect on the unborn child the simple answer is to cut down use for the sake of your childs health.
Old 04-08-2008, 14:40   #9
Loz

It's just scaremongering again imo.
We have been told for ages that Mobiles increase the risk of Brain tumours etc.. but where is the evidence to back it up?
There will be something new tomorrow that is bad for us there always is.
Old 04-08-2008, 17:25   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think use blokes will have to stop carrying our mobiles in our trouser pockets, it could just scramble our brains
Ya can say that again!..LMAO...took the words right outta me head!
Old 04-08-2008, 17:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Why are people so dissmissive of any new research? Surely people only want the best for their children and if research points to the excessive use of mobile phones whilst pregnant having an adverse effect on the unborn child the simple answer is to cut down use for the sake of your childs health.
Think it depends who reads it bernadette and the position of the reader, you for example, arnt pregnant, and therefore this research wont affect you, you may find that the ladies who are dismissive of it, are pregnant, may be pregnant at some point, or have used a mobile regularly whilst pregnant, they are dismissive because it has a direct impact on thier actions, and they of course want to use the phone more than they want to believe inconclusive research.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..