Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39   #1
Resting in Peace

HH and the saga of the locks

I suppose you all remember the performance we had about the removal of the locks on entrances to the flats where I live, and how after a lot of wrangling the locks were replaced. Well I often wonder if you need a degree in stupidity to work for HH, not, may I add the workmen, but those in the ivory towers. They replaced the locks okay, the same type of lock was replaced on the front entrance that had been removed, but on the rear entrances they replaced them with a Yale lock, but without the snib, which means the only people who can use the rear door are the key holders. What on earth was wrong with using the same mortise locks that were on before, the number of people who have knocked on my kitchen window saying your doors locked mate, is unbelievable. Some of the blocks wedge the door open during the day, that's fine in summer, but what about winter. One has to think that somebody must sit in an office and think up ways to make things more awkward for their tenants, the trouble is none of these people live in the properties they purport to manage. Only the other week I received a letter from HH saying that a gas engineer was calling to service my heating and would call between 8-30 and 12 noon, if this wasn't convenient I could change it, it wasn't so I did, to Thursday afternoon, on the original date my doorbell rang at 1-30pm, it was the gas fitter coming to service my boiler, whats more it was down on his weekly work sheet as between 1pm and 4pm obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Just to finish my HH rant, when they do maintenance work they leave a questionnaire asking about the workman's performance plus a little box at the bottom for any comments, I wrote "If the Chiefs were half as good as the Indians then HH would be a most competent firm indeed"
Old 02-10-2011, 14:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: HH and the saga of the locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I suppose you all remember the performance we had about the removal of the locks on entrances to the flats where I live, and how after a lot of wrangling the locks were replaced. Well I often wonder if you need a degree in stupidity to work for HH, not, may I add the workmen, but those in the ivory towers. They replaced the locks okay, the same type of lock was replaced on the front entrance that had been removed, but on the rear entrances they replaced them with a Yale lock, but without the snib, which means the only people who can use the rear door are the key holders. What on earth was wrong with using the same mortise locks that were on before, the number of people who have knocked on my kitchen window saying your doors locked mate, is unbelievable. Some of the blocks wedge the door open during the day, that's fine in summer, but what about winter. One has to think that somebody must sit in an office and think up ways to make things more awkward for their tenants, the trouble is none of these people live in the properties they purport to manage. Only the other week I received a letter from HH saying that a gas engineer was calling to service my heating and would call between 8-30 and 12 noon, if this wasn't convenient I could change it, it wasn't so I did, to Thursday afternoon, on the original date my doorbell rang at 1-30pm, it was the gas fitter coming to service my boiler, whats more it was down on his weekly work sheet as between 1pm and 4pm obviously the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Just to finish my HH rant, when they do maintenance work they leave a questionnaire asking about the workman's performance plus a little box at the bottom for any comments, I wrote "If the Chiefs were half as good as the Indians then HH would be a most competent firm indeed"
This is the point were you lie down in a darkened room, pobbies and complan are optional.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 17:42   #3
Resting in Peace

Re: HH and the saga of the locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
This is the point were you lie down in a darkened room, pobbies and complan are optional.
I've tried that Dave and it doesn't work

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..