Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 11:58   #1
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Hollands Pies Takeover

This does not look good for the local people employed at Hollands Pies

Holland's Pies firm centre of £342m takeover bid | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Old 01-04-2011, 18:59   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Hollands Pies Takeover

It looks a lot better now than if the other bid from Ireland had gone through. They had already said that they would be transferring some of the production over there because they already produce pies, the winning bid does not currently make any of Hollands products.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 16:43   #3
Senior Member+

oh lets hope the pies improve with the takeover, they have been rubbish for years now. Well they can't beat clayton park pies mmmm
Old 09-04-2011, 17:26   #4
God Member

returning to teh origonal recipe for meat pies couldnt hurt buisness.They changed it when they had the mad cow disease scare years ago and despite precautions been taken there are still plenty of mad cows about

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 18:42   #5
Accy Red

With a new owner and a new MD who knows now but Northern Foods have held Hollands back for years with no investment and penny pinching, I still don't see anything happening quickly but he has already put a stop on NFs idea to move some of the production to Ireland so jobs are safe for the time being.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 11-04-2011, 17:16   #6
God Member

if hollands pies moves where are people going to dump their unwanted mother in laws ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 18:25   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if hollands pies moves where are people going to dump their unwanted mother in laws ?
in little boxes scattered across Manchester
Old 11-04-2011, 20:41   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It will be a good thing,if 2 things happen (1) secures local employment,(2) Hollands start making good pies again, (they were damn good,once upon a time.)
Old 11-04-2011, 23:40   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It will be a good thing,if 2 things happen (1) secures local employment,(2) Hollands start making good pies again, (they were damn good,once upon a time.)
That'll be just before profit above everything became king.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:14   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

That's when you were drinking. Anything tastes good when you have a load on, even MacDonald's
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:09   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That's when you were drinking. Anything tastes good when you have a load on, even MacDonald's
Steady on Eric I wouldn't go so far mate
Old 12-04-2011, 16:29   #12
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Now it's not on the stockmarket who knows it might happen, after a big fall in sales a few years ago when Northern Foods took over it was decided that they needed to go back to the original recipes. This did happen, quality meat and incredients came back on the menu but to me the problem still lies with the amount of filling that goes into the pie, not enough.

Old 29-04-2011, 07:39   #13
Senior Member+

Well, sad TIME now for me, time to give up my Hollands Pie shares!
Letter arrived this week from new owners wanting my shares, not that I have that many, but .....
The company paid my bills and paid for our holidays for 18 years so I will always have a "soft spot" for Hollands!
"Another one bites the dust".

Just off to watch THE WEDDING
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 08:05   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
you mean greed
Old 29-04-2011, 08:37   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
you mean greed
No you prat business is about making money, not being a benevolent organisation

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..