Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2016, 00:16   #1

Home Care Providers

Can anyone recommend a good home care provider for the Great Harwood area? My mum has a visit from her current provider which is scheduled for 9.30 to 10am every Saturday morning. All she needs is a full body wash and a shower. Her current provider is tardy and never turns up on time. What irritates is they sometimes change her visit time to 10am. We wouldn't mind that as long as they had the courtesy to let us know in advance by telephone. Unfortunately they don't have any courtesy and don't let us know. Alternative carers I have heard of are Mears and Willowbrook.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2016, 10:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Home Care Providers

Try A & H Helping Hands. Ann & Fiona they do my mother's care and shower her.
Ann 07791 003441 or Fiona 07936 215226 tell them that Frank (Jean Griggs' son) has recommended them
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 11:19   #3
Beacon of light

If I were younger I would be tempted to embark upon such a venture...providing care for the elderly in their own homes.
I do beleive that this is the best environment for them in every sense.
I do it for my mum and I know it is hard work, but very rewarding.
Michael1954 and Stevie R like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 19:13   #4

I can also recommend C & A homecare Amanda 07944 096085. Hope you find someone.
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 19:43   #5

Thanks for the recommendations. I am going to phone the existing care team tomorrow, asking why the attendance time is constantly being changed without them having the courtesy to let us know. I have also drafted a letter of complaint addressed to the manager. I may have to add to it, depending on what I am told during the phone call. There wouldn't be such a problem if they could give us advance notice of time changes. As it is, mum is left sitting around in her dressing gown, waiting and waiting. She gets stressed, so I get stressed.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 21:30   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sorry mate couldn't help, but hope yeh get a good result.
Old 28-02-2016, 22:46   #7
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. I am going to phone the existing care team tomorrow, asking why the attendance time is constantly being changed without them having the courtesy to let us know. I have also drafted a letter of complaint addressed to the manager. I may have to add to it, depending on what I am told during the phone call. There wouldn't be such a problem if they could give us advance notice of time changes. As it is, mum is left sitting around in her dressing gown, waiting and waiting. She gets stressed, so I get stressed.
I think that is a good start......contacting them. Letting them know that you are dissatisfied with their ineffectual service.
I would also be letting them know that you are considering looking for other care providers.....ones that are more punctual, more reliable.

The one thing they will surely be aware of is the inconvenience and stress that this is causing for your mother.
This, in itself, pindicates a lack of care for her well being.
Myself, I would be kicking them into touch whatever they have to say for themselves.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..