Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2014, 21:04   #1

Hong Kong,

What about the protest,what will China do.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2014, 21:18   #2
I am Banned

Re: Hong Kong,

Tread very carefully the world is watching and they don't want another Tiananmen Square.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 21:20   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Tread very carefully
... and carry a big stick.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 21:25   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... and carry a big stick.
When nobodies watching.
Old 30-09-2014, 21:29   #5
God Member

Quote:
When nobodies watching.
We got big time economic ties to China ... and, as you well know, money talks, bs walks. Guess what the noise from Ottawa will be ...
Old 30-09-2014, 21:39   #6
I am Banned

True dat Eric
We are working with GE on COMACs C919 new narrow body passenger jet.....the number of U.S. west coast aerospace companies cosying up to Bejing on this is amazing. Big Chinese population on the west Coast as I am sure you know. Even Arnie got involved a couple of years ago when he was Governor.
Old 30-09-2014, 22:01   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We were talking about this only on Sat pre match, Me mates lad is home from China @ lives near Hong Kong, He honestly knew sod all about these protests, was amazed, nothing at all on Chinas News about em, He goes back this week should be interesting.
Old 30-09-2014, 22:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
True dat Eric
We are working with GE on COMACs C919 new narrow body passenger jet.....the number of U.S. west coast aerospace companies cosying up to Bejing on this is amazing. Big Chinese population on the west Coast as I am sure you know. Even Arnie got involved a couple of years ago when he was Governor.
Our west coast too ... and, if the Yanks don't go for Keystone, I've no doubt that Canada will build a pipeline in our own country ... all the way to the coast, where oil can be loaded into tankers heading for Chine. Tar Sands oil ... where there's muck, there's brass.
Old 30-09-2014, 22:21   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We were talking about this only on Sat pre match, Me mates lad is home from China @ lives near Hong Kong, He honestly knew sod all about these protests, was amazed, nothing at all on Chinas News about em, He goes back this week should be interesting.
The censors have been working overtime Ol
Sino Weibo their popular social networking site had nothing on and a search for Hong Kong made no mention.
Tv viewers were misinformed on the mainland saying a few thousand people has assembled in a local park celebrating the China Government
Instagram the photo sharing site was completely blocked.
Old 30-09-2014, 22:37   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The censors have been working overtime Ol
Sino Weibo their popular social networking site had nothing on and a search for Hong Kong made no mention.
Tv viewers were misinformed on the mainland saying a few thousand people has assembled in a local park celebrating the China Government
Instagram the photo sharing site was completely blocked.
Amazing they come a long way from Fish @ Chip Shops.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:47   #11
God Member

never mind what will china do the real question is what will HBC do

which side they back will be the deciding factor in this and very much a make or break decision for the people of accrington

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 13:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
never mind what will china do the real question is what will HBC do

which side they back will be the deciding factor in this and very much a make or break decision for the people of accrington
For a minute there I was wondering what the Hudson's Bay Company had to do with it ... but I twigged it, finally.

And I believe Hydburn Borough Council will do what it has to do ... as long as it doesn't offend local muslims.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 01-10-2014, 16:44   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
For a minute there I was wondering what the Hudson's Bay Company had to do with it ... but I twigged it, finally.

And I believe Hydburn Borough Council will do what it has to do ... as long as it doesn't offend local muslims.
oooh a touch synical im sure they didnt do anything to try and buy the pakistani origin vote

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 20:07   #14
I am Banned

HK police using teargas supplied under six export licences by UK company Chemring.
kestrelx likes this.
Old 01-10-2014, 21:58   #15
God Member

Quote:
HK police using teargas supplied under six export licences by UK company Chemring.
Basil just phoned ... he wants his business ethics back.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..