Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2019, 13:19   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hong Kong Protests?

I always supported the protests in Hong Kong, until they got violent, But now to me the media seem to be making a big deal out of this 18year oldthat the police shot, well after seeing the incident on the news i honestly think the policeman did the right thing, the lad was coming towards him trying to hit him oer the head with an iron bar. also petrol bombs were being hurled at the police, well sorry but from where i'm standing the copper did right to shoot him, after all that bar could easily have killed the copper. what do people think?
Gremlin likes this.
Old 02-10-2019, 14:40   #2
Full Member+

Re: Hong Kong Protests?

I am afraid that these protests seem to have gone the way of many others, they start off with an honest grievence, which in this case was the stopping of a law being past which would have meant that you could be sent to mainland China for an offence commited in Hong Kong but even when they win their case the protests continue with a whole new load of demands. Now the protest don't seem to bear any resemblance to the original protests in the demands they are after or the manner in which they protest.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 14:43   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have to agree pifco cant see any reason to attack with iron bars at all.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:19   #4

I also agree with pifco. Why didn't the protesters stick with the first demonstrations (Umbrella) which were at least peaceful.
I'm wondering how long it will take until the Chinese government move in with the troops?

Cheers
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..