Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2003, 07:48   #1
Jo

Post horrible packaging

Hello!
Can you help me do a survey in England on packaged goods?
I need to know which packaged products you buy or don't buy that you think could improve their packaging.
I need the name of the product and the name and town of the manufacturer.
This would really help me out at work, if anyone can be bothered to give it a thought in the supermarket next time they are in, I'd be really grateful for your comments!
Thanks gang!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2003, 09:11   #2

Post Re: horrible packaging

Have opened a packet of Homepride flour this morning and find you always  get a cloud of flour in your face as you pull the top apart. It could be better packaged and provision made to close the top other than folding it down, which means it can spill in the cupboard if knocked over. It is made by Kerry Foods of Egham Surrey.
The other annoying packaging is on frozen peas, if you don't have a tie to fasten after using half of the packet, the peas always come out of the top when you next move them from the freezer, this applies to all the supermarket brands and the well known manufacturers. Don't have any in to give you a name etc, it is shopping day  ;D
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:15   #3
I am Banned

Never given it a thought to be honest... My Choccie biccies can take a bit of getting into.. But I find that only hightens the anticipation.. Thus making bad packaging a good thing
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:30   #4

Same sort of thing as Nessie i find when you open sugar there is always loads on the flap bit and it  goes everywhere when you open the packet also spills everywhere in the cupboard if knocked over
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:34   #5
Caz
God Member

Those milk cartons have got to be the worst.
A pain to open properly. then when you pour them they spill all over the place!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 09:39   #6

Same with OJ goes everywhere and it's really sticky
Old 19-09-2003, 14:50   #7
Jo

Wow, you lot are great!! Thanks!! What about design wise? horrible pictures, colours etc.? Which products would you like to spruce up in design to make them more attractive?
Old 19-09-2003, 21:57   #8

Morrisons and Asda prepacked meat slices when you get PEEL HERE in the top corner and it just will not peel, so you have to turn to a knife or sissors >
alfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 23:21   #9

What about warburtons toastie and medium loaves when first opened theres not enough bag to scunch up and the top couple of slices always go hard.
Old 20-09-2003, 08:17   #10
Accy Goddess

Here's a tip Nessie Put a peg on the top and stand the bag in a food bag. The flour spills into the bag and keeps your cupboard clean.
Same with frozen peas etc. Use a peg. Milk and custard cartons are the worse. Also agree with Alfee about the meat pks same with the bacon.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2003, 09:09   #11

Thanks for the tip, will try that.
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2003, 18:20   #12
Accy Goddess

Your welcome!  
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 12:31   #13

some drinks cartons the ones with straws you put straw in and get squirted with juice  :'(
malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 13:24   #14
God Member

Onion skins. Albeit organic, don't tell me that nature always has the best ideas. I cry every time I peel the skin off an onion. And the bits get everywhere.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2003, 14:52   #15
Jo

To prevent crying when you cut up onions, chop them in half and run both halves under cold water! You still have to resist the peeling bit though, no tips on that.
Did you know...........
my rabbit's favourite trreat is onion skins. He can't stand carrots - these Italians are SOOO particular.....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..