Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 17:57   #91
God Member

Re: Horse Meat in Tesco and Iceland

mad cow wasnt,you know when gummer force fed his daughter a burger
Old 11-02-2013, 17:58   #92
JFT96

I'm glad mrs BG is a veggie, it kind of makes me one.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:11   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
mad cow wasnt,you know when gummer force fed his daughter a burger
Before you make a fool of yourself again, the rules about importing through the EU only came in after first Blair then Brown signed to European constitution
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:11   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Monsanto is more of a health hazard than horse meat.
Those crops you rely on are damaging your health, unless you eat only organic.

Health risks of genetically modified ... [Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI
"As genetically modified (GM) foods are starting to intrude in our diet concerns have been expressed regarding GM food safety. These concerns as well as the limitations of the procedures followed in the evaluation of their safety are presented. Animal toxicity studies with certain GM foods have shown that they may toxically affect several organs and systems. The review of these studies should not be conducted separately for each GM food, but according to the effects exerted on certain organs it may help us create a better picture of the possible health effects on human beings. The results of most studies with GM foods indicate that they may cause some common toxic effects such as hepatic, pancreatic, renal, or reproductive effects and may alter the hematological, biochemical, and immunologic parameters. However, many years of research with animals and clinical trials are required for this assessment. The use of recombinant GH or its expression in animals should be re-examined since it has been shown that it increases IGF-1 which may promote cancer."

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:32   #95
Full Member+

Oh well, time to support your local butchers and make your own!
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:37   #96
God Member

maybe it was all a honest mistake....

is it possible to shrink lined images hosted eslewhere thats a bit big....

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:50   #97
I am Banned

Exclamation Re: Horse Meat in Tesco and Iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
bottom line is these companies know we arnt a horse eating nation and put horsemeat in our food supply while neglecting to declare it on the ingredients
That's where you fall at the first hurdle Mr A judging by what we are reading we have become albeit unknowingly a horse eating nation. I could go on about families giving kids too many options at meal times. Kids will always go for the easy processed options Beefburgers included. if they are offered it. Kids menus in cafes, pubs and restaurants condition them to that too.

Cast your mind back to 2004 and the fluoxetine concerns raised by the Environment Agency. Do we really know what is in our food or drink with any degree of certainty?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 18:58   #98
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
maybe it was all a honest mistake....

is it possible to shrink lined images hosted eslewhere thats a bit big....
LunaPic Photo Editor
Old 12-02-2013, 13:07   #99
I am Banned

On some Swiss farms, no animals are safe from the dinner table.
According to a report by the Swiss newspaper Tages Anzeiger, some farmers in rural parts of central and eastern Switzerland enjoy a slice of cured cat or dog meat from time to time.
"There's nothing odd about it", one farmer in the Rhine Valley said. "Meat is meat."
As my posts are being redacted for double entendres I leave others to make the obvious puns.
Old 12-02-2013, 18:31   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Monsanto is more of a health hazard than horse meat.
Those crops you rely on are damaging your health, unless you eat only organic.

[/I]
What a little ray of sunshine you are, MargaretR. Every silver lining has a cloud.

Sorry, BG, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 18:44   #101
I am Banned

** Breaking News** Todmorden abbatoir alledgedly suppying horsemeat to a burger meat processing plant. A bit close to home the Clarets fans I reckon Hows that chant of theirs go?
"And it's no neigh never !!"
jaysay, Restless and Gordon Booth like this.
Old 12-02-2013, 18:50   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
** Breaking News** Todmorden abbatoir alledgedly suppying horsemeat to a burger meat processing plant. A bit close to home the Clarets fans I reckon Hows that chant of theirs go?
"And it's no neigh never !!"
Restless likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 09:04   #103
Junior Member+

well everyone kept saying "oh im so hungry i could eat a horse" well i guess we all got our wish. although i did clear out burgers and stuff from my freezer lol.. as a per-caution. them lasagnes contained like 99% or something. thank god i make alot of stuff from scratch :d x
sazoo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:30   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazoo89 View Post
well everyone kept saying "oh im so hungry i could eat a horse" :d x
and still find room furt saddle
Old 16-02-2013, 18:15   #105
Resting In Peace

I think the mane thing here is that we've probably all been eating it for donkey's years without knowing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..