Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2008, 18:36   #31
God Member

Re: Horses Killed in darwen.

Arson is judged to be a more serious offence than animal cruelty - perhaps Blazey can confirm

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2008, 18:46   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

arson was always classed as very serious in my day, so they will probably get double time community service, no faith in justice whatsoever.
Old 17-07-2008, 18:52   #33
God Member

This brings to mind the chap who lived in Church. During divorce proceedings he took a chainsaw to their furniture and then set the house alight.
There was no-one in the house at the time - it is debatable whether he was endangering neighbours ----He did a few years prison for that

Incidentally he later committed suicide in a gruesome way by self inflicted knife wounds which turned the room into a bloodbath

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 20:35   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
They also will be charged with cruelty to animals, death resulting, won't they. I do hope they come down hard on these kids.

Brian
It didn't say anything about that on the letter I received, but I hope so.

It said on the radio today that they'd been bailed to appear at a later date. One of the conditions of the bail was that they couldn't return to Lancashire until the trial. Seemed a strange condition. I wonder if they were from outside the county?
Old 17-07-2008, 21:14   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

It said on the radio today that they'd been bailed to appear at a later date. One of the conditions of the bail was that they couldn't return to Lancashire until the trial. Seemed a strange condition. I wonder if they were from outside the county?
seems its started already- "BAIL" thats a great deterant to start off with.
Old 17-07-2008, 22:27   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems its started already- "BAIL" thats a great deterant to start off with.
I don't know about that. If they are held in custody till the trial, and if they are found guilty, won't the time they served be taken off their sentence at a rate of 2 days off the sentence for every one day served while awaiting trial? Which would mean that they would serve less time if they were denied bail.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 22:30   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't know about that. If they are held in custody till the trial, and if they are found guilty, won't the time they served be taken off their sentence at a rate of 2 days off the sentence for every one day served while awaiting trial? Which would mean that they would serve less time if they were denied bail.
don't work like that here mate, unless things have changed which i doubt.
Old 17-07-2008, 23:07   #38
God Member

Angry Re: Horses Killed in darwen.

OMG How awful!!!!!
How can someone be so damn cruel and heartless to restrained animals. Those poor horses didnt stand a chance. I just hope the scumbags are caught and smoked to death in a cruel horrible way..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 19:07   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

i would say its more likely that the ones that set the fire live in the area of the stables, and its quite likely the horse owner do too. that would be why they have been sent away on a holiday, they have been named in the local paper, and this article is online, god bless those horses and owners.
williamb33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..