Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2020, 00:44   #16

Re: Hospital Gourmet Delights

Oh, skuta, what awful experiences you have had and it sounds like you might still be having them - or are you now being more suitably looked after? I do hope so.

The only thing I had to complain about was the food I had to ‘endure’ just for a few days, which makes my moaning about this a miserable exercise when compared to what you have gone through, not only on the food side but generally and for a long time.

I personally have nothing but praise and gratitude regarding the wonderful medical team, and all associated with it, who were involved in the treatment provided and the care and attention which was given to me on my recent hospital stay, and that previously shown to my late husband. Not one complaint.

I am truly sorry to hear that you have been so disillusioned with the lack of care shown you and others. I do hope things improve in the future. Is there not an ombudsman or similar you can take this up with – at least to improve the future for you? I don’t live in the UK so I don’t know the system and can’t offer any advice. Maybe some other Accyweb member will be able to.

Here’s wishing you all the best and hoping your future is much brighter.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2020, 08:51   #17
Beacon of light

Re: Hospital Gourmet Delights

Dorothy, like you....I have no complaints about the way Ma was treated after her fall(which saw her off).
The staff, both in A&E and on the ward treated her like she was the queen mother.
My next door neighbour though had a very patchy experience of treatment before he died.
There was some of it that was excellent and some of it was just very poor.
So I do know that it depends on where you go and what else is going on.

My daughter also has had some very questionable care.

Skuta I am appalled at your story and would encourage you to take up an opportunity to make complaints against the parts of the organisation that failed you.
This can be s bit of a trial, but if you do not make your experiences known, then others will be subjected to similar treatment
I would suggest that you enlist the help of the Patient Advice and Liason service which will look at things on your behalf.

https://www.elht.nhs.uk/application/..._Read_PALS.pdf

There is a link to get you started.
I am a retired nurse.....and I know the difficulties that patients encounter, but I also know that the service you received is unacceptable.....and nothing that the hospital does, in retrospect, will change that.
But those who delivered such a poor service need to know their failings because they will not improve unless this service is scrutinised and critical appraised.
I. Like Dorothy, hope that you are being cared for in a much better way now.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..