Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Hot sticky Nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its bad news at night this warm, what i don't get though its hotter in spain but not as unbearable? must be the humidity or summat. see men can winge as well-but i concede not as good as the women.

It's definitely the humidity. We were in Malta week before last and just before we got there they'd had a heatwave of 37C. The day we got there was a "cold" 27C and people were grumbling about it being chilly! It got hotter but never felt uncomfortable because it just isn't humid and sticky like here.

As soon as we got back to Manchester airport the heavyness of the atmosphere hit us.

I realise that I feel far more tired here in summer than I do in hotter places which are also dryer.

I can't understand people moaning about the heat in Tenerife either Junetta if they have chosen to move there. I'd swap that for Accy winters and sticky summers any day. It's like the people who move to the countryside from cities and then complain about cocks crowing and sheep baa-ing!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Im sweating cobs here again & out of interest looked on my lounge temperature gage its about 20C/70F in here alone!!!! Its like being abroad with no air con lol & its even warmer upstairs so big fan is on full trying to keep all bedrooms cooler

You must have sent the grey skies and rain over here to Canada. Just spent a week in Nova Scotia and there was just one afternoon when the sun came out.
flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:20   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman
You must have sent the grey skies and rain over here to Canada. Just spent a week in Nova Scotia and there was just one afternoon when the sun came out.
Oh dear u can blame me lol Ive even sent cloud to Accy this morning although there was a nice brief thunderstorm before 8am albeit short & its still very muggy & heavy out there despite no sun
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:43   #19
Give, give, give member

It was hot sticky and wet last night.

Mainly due to the rain that blew through the open window and onto my bed.

I was so happy this morning when I remembered the downpour in the middle of night, and that I haven't suddenly become incontinent.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:43   #20
Give, give, give member

It was hot sticky and wet last night.

I was so happy this morning when I remembered the downpour in the middle of night, and that I haven't suddenly become incontinent.

Old 12-06-2006, 16:11   #21
Full Member+

I might have been cooler last night if I had`nt cycled from Grindleton to Accy last night. I tried bathing my feet in cold water, which seemed to help. By the way, how did the Ossy walk go in that heat?
Old 12-06-2006, 19:08   #22

Quote:
Im sweating cobs here again & out of interest looked on my lounge temperature gage its about 20C/70F in here alone!!!! Its like being abroad with no air con lol & its even warmer upstairs so big fan is on full trying to keep all bedrooms cooler
ummmm........our winter daytime temperatures in Brisbane average 22 C...
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 21:22   #23
Resident Waffler

I bet it's not as muggy in Brisbane. It's the muggy wot does it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 22:46   #24
Give, give, give member

I think we are lucky up here. It reached thirty degrees in London today. Pendy, rather than swealtering in Bloomsbury, was seen sipping a Pims sat in the Ossy sunshine.

When I lived down there summer could be awful. London's in a bowl and the sky goes a horrid pale yellow. By the time you get off the tube in the morning you're wet through, that's if you haven't passed out by strap hanging next to someone with the B.O. from hell.

Old 12-06-2006, 22:48   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
all i need is the middle strip of my body done to match the arms & shoulders & i'll be my own walking St Georges flag for England hehehehe
Tee hee .... don't give anybody ideas ... bet some daft ****** (probably male) has done this already. Anywhere they can put the flag,eh? they would probably extend the vertical too far I expect though
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 22:52   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

Think you dreamt that Garinda ... wasno' downpour last night.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 22:55   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Think you dreamt that Garinda ... wasno' downpour last night.
There was in Ossy!

You should have been in my bed, then again we may not have slept at all.

My beautiful poppies took a right bashing.

Old 12-06-2006, 23:00   #28
God Member

there was a downpour in harwood to so I can't see it getting ossy and harwood and missing out clayton katex.... I had to go up to the loft bedroom to shut the window as the lads had it wide open and it was raining in!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2006, 17:48   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Tee hee .... don't give anybody ideas ... bet some daft ****** (probably male) has done this already. Anywhere they can put the flag,eh? they would probably extend the vertical too far I expect though
PMSL!!!! true point lol

Errr i dont think i want to be 1st female to do it though & burn my sensitive bits my shoulders were bad enough LOL
Old 13-06-2006, 17:51   #30
I am Banned

Im a bit worried im a big jinx since ive done this thread the next day & since has been rather overcast & wet, i only ment night time - honest

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..