Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 21:40   #1
I am Banned

Hot sticky Nights

Im sweating cobs here again & out of interest looked on my lounge temperature gage its about 20C/70F in here alone!!!! Its like being abroad with no air con lol & its even warmer upstairs so big fan is on full trying to keep all bedrooms cooler
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-06-2006, 21:51   #2
white rabbits

Re: Hot sticky Nights

I hope its cooler in bed tonight,, its been roasting ,even with the windows open
Old 11-06-2006, 21:53   #3
I am Banned

LOL GC i've just been up to put washing away & its so stuffy despite windows open least ossilating fan on full is cooling it down - last night was really warm too.
Old 11-06-2006, 21:54   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
I hope its cooler in bed tonight,, its been roasting ,even with the windows open
Stop whinging ... it's great
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 21:59   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Stop whinging ... it's great
Ssshhh its a very sweaty night winge we're having notice no complaints during the day despite burning myself to a cinder in Tinks sun trap ozone layer free hole garden blistering litterally last week in the cloud coverage & still burned but im not wishing it away

Eventually the blisters have just gone today & ready for peeling
Old 11-06-2006, 22:06   #6
white rabbits

Oh i am NOT whinging,,,i love it realy....
i would rather have summer anytime than winter
Old 11-06-2006, 22:11   #7
I am Banned

Oh yeh summer beats winter anytime cos i hate cold & i winge more about that lol The sun shinning is so much more uplifting get you out of the house whereas winter is miserable.

Just if im cold at night its sorted with eleccy blanket - toasty but findin a way of cooling down on a hot night is a bit tricky the uncomfortableness being really sweaty & waking trying to get comfy cooler
Old 11-06-2006, 22:12   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Ssshhh its a very sweaty night winge we're having notice no complaints during the day despite burning myself to a cinder in Tinks sun trap ozone layer free hole garden blistering litterally last week in the cloud coverage & still burned but im not wishing it away

Eventually the blisters have just gone today & ready for peeling
Oh dear, take care .... get out the exfoliater and lots and lots and lots of moisturiser ... should do the trick. Put on a little fake tan too, to help the red bits glow a bit more,
Old 11-06-2006, 22:13   #9
Resting in Peace

That double post again !! Getting to know now how to delete it.
Old 11-06-2006, 22:16   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Oh dear, take care .... get out the exfoliater and lots and lots and lots of moisturiser ... should do the trick. Put on a little fake tan too, to help the red bits glow a bit more,
Cheers Kate its all fun of the sun lol im plastered in extra moisture after sun & exfoliation isnt a prob it comes off in big layers lol

Im that white & get very red all i need is the middle strip of my body done to match the arms & shoulders & i'll be my own walking St Georges flag for England hehehehe
Old 11-06-2006, 22:19   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
That double post again !! Getting to know now how to delete it.
Having simular probs too as well as missing & reappearing ones grrr
Old 11-06-2006, 22:29   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its bad news at night this warm, what i don't get though its hotter in spain but not as unbearable? must be the humidity or summat. see men can winge as well-but i concede not as good as the women.
Old 11-06-2006, 22:33   #13
I am Banned

True point Cashy unless its to do with sea breezes or something i dunno, here it gets clammy & stuffy even outside !

LOL at the man winge although you are trying to be as good
Old 12-06-2006, 00:02   #14
Senior Member+

That's very true Cash. It's hot here at the moment, feels more like August than June. Some folk are having a moan but I rarely find it uncomfortable. It begs the question...........why move to Tenerife if you don't like hot? Nowt so queer as folk.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08   #15
God Member

I find the best way is to leave bedroom curtains/door/window shut during day, then open the window once it starts to cool down outside, but leave door closed.

This way you dont fill the room with warm air from outside/rest of house and it tends to be nice and cool by the time you go to bed after you open the window at about 10

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..