Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2015, 09:02   #1
Senior Member+

Hotpoint/Indesit service

I rang Hotpoint service last Monday to say that the control knob on my fan oven had broken. I was told that the engineer would come in two days time and it would be an all day appointment ( 07.15 to 18.00 hrs).I asked if they could put it in the post and I would fit it .Straight off with the old one and on with the new., less than 5 seconds. The reply was " Oh no the engineer will have to fit it" Not at all happy ,we prepared ourselves for a day in. The engineer turned up at 10.30 hrs. without the part.He said "I will have to order one" He told us we would not have to wait in as someone will come and fit it on Monday (today). We would get a text message from Hotpoint on Sunday night with a 3 hr window for Monday. So far no text and no reply to emails. The motto of this is don't buy Hotpoint appliances.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2015, 09:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hotpoint/Indesit service

Could you have sourced one yourself Frank?
It would have saved all the hassle.
Old 15-06-2015, 09:30   #3
Senior Member+

Spares, Parts & Accessories for your household appliances | 4ourhouse.co.uk

Frank I have used these many times for those little things that require replacement.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 09:52   #4
Senior Member+

I only contacted them as the oven is under extended warranty. Never again. I know a few places I can get spares. If he hasn't turned up by lunch time we will go out and they will have missed out on an insurance claim. It has 12 months to run yet.
Old 15-06-2015, 14:49   #5
Senior Member+

Typical, they turned up 5 minutes after we had gone out with Max and left a calling card. I'll wait for them to contact me now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..