Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2023, 14:17   #1
Beacon of light

How can I get two weeks holiday on the Bibby Stockholm?

Have you seen the barge that is docked just off Portland?
The one which is to house five hundred young male illegal migrants?
Those arriving on our shores on small boats.
Heck it is like a luxury hotel.
Comfortable en suite rooms.
A restaurant, a gym, medical and dental facilities.
A free bus service from early morning until 11pm at night into the seaside town of Weymouth.
There are going to be coastal hikes organised, table tennis tournaments, English lessons, trips to see cricket matches.
While alcohol will not be available on board…the residents will be getting pocket money so can get a pint or three when they go ashore.
Not sure how it will be ascertained if the residents have returned to the ship each day…or how they will be tracked.
It all seems to be very convivial. Not something you would thing that would deter those making the channel crossing
So how can I have two weeks in these luxury surroundings?
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2023, 16:59   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: How can I get two weeks holiday on the Bibby Stockholm?

They should NOT be given free acess to please themselves and be able to step ashore they have more than should be given to them on board its no way to deter them.
taddy likes this.
Old 22-07-2023, 18:41   #3
Beacon of light

There are many people who were born here and contributed and cannot afford to live like these illegals.
It makes my blood boil.
cashman, taddy and ferret man like this.
Old 23-07-2023, 03:07   #4

Margaret, this sort of thing must be a real kick in the gut for people born and bred in England who are struggling to make ends meet in these days of ever rising costs of living, also for those people who do not have suitable accommodation and for those who are desperately trying to get appointments to see doctors and dentists but to no avail.

It is certainly encouraging more people to bypass every country they come across until they get to good old England.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 03:13   #5

I have just been reading about the Bibby Stockholm. Wow! How nice it is. Lots of activities planned, even being taught how to play cricket. I read that when the men go off for their day/evening trips the last bus back will be at 11 pm, but this is not a curfew. However, if any of the men are not back on the Bibby by then there will be a welfare call to make sure they are ok. That’s nice.

Regarding food, I’m sure people will be happy to know that the men won’t get fed-up with what they are fed as the menu will change and that individual needs will be met as will religious requirements. That’s nice, also.

By the way, I have been known to be a tad sarcastic.
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 07:09   #6
Beacon of light

These illegals(who are mainly economic migrants) will also have access to a computer room with wi-fi….just so that they can keep up with events in their own neck of the woods….

This is a very poor use of taxpayers(that means ours) money.

This money could be better spent in training and employing assessors to determine if these single young men are refugees ( and therefore permitted to stay) or whether they are economic migrants (and then put in the first boat back to whence they came)

It does not help that the coast guard, the Navy and the RNLI are all assisting these ment to get here.

These men have come through safe countries to get here, but they want to have the luxurious lifestyle on the likes of the Bibby Stockholm and the good hotels where they can live for nowt, get a phone, pocket money and probably a job in the black economy.

We haven’t got a hope in hell of stopping the boats while we are providing such a lifestyle.
I wish I could have a word in Rishi Sunaks lug hole.
Old 23-07-2023, 08:21   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

you could talk to that person untill yer blue in face margaret all hes intrested in is MONEY. lies of us not remotely.imho
Old 23-07-2023, 13:32   #8
Full Member+

Always been a supporter -donator to the LIFE BOATS sorry to say that stopped 3 year ago.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 13:36   #9
Beacon of light

Cashy, he is so disconnected from the ordinary man in the street.

He does not understand the impact that these young men have on the areas they are dropped on.
These are all young men. They will be on the prowl for female company. They will make babies and that will enhance their case for leave to stay…because they have a family.

Rishi Sunak will only be affected by this issue when he is ejected from his position as PM.
He will get a very nice leaving present and a pension to add to his current fat bank account
cashman likes this.
Old 23-07-2023, 13:41   #10
Beacon of light

How come we could keep the Germans out, but we can’t stop people traffickers from getting these economic migrant Ito the company?.

I will tell you how.
They are being helped by Border Force…you know this who are supposed to keep illegal aliens out of the country.
They are being helped by the Coastguard, the Navy and the RNLI.
These organisations are helping offenders to break the law.

Stop these organisations from assisting….get the Navy to turn boats around and send them back to France.
Until we stop doing this they will continue to come and we will continue to pay.
What is so hard about that?
We cannot afford these people coming here…they are drawing our resources.
Old 23-07-2023, 14:13   #11
Beacon of light

That should read ‘into the country’ but my iPad is getting above itself
Old 23-07-2023, 22:05   #12
Full Member+

And I still can't get to see my GP or a Dentist but illegal immigrants can, that's a bit messed up.

I think the problem is the French, they don't want anymore migrants (given the recent riots) so they let them through to be our problem and it won't be long before we are seeing the same problems as they have been having.
Old 25-07-2023, 07:34   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the problem aint the french? they rightfully will not tolerate them economic migrants,.we are too soft.we give em more than the people who live here get.
Old 25-07-2023, 08:05   #14
Beacon of light

Cashy I hate to disagree with you but you are not right.

The Uk government have paid millions for the French to stop these illegals getting into the boats, but they take the cash and turn a blind eye.
The UK paid the frenchies £62.2 million for the year 2022/2023…then in March this year the UK committed to pay £476 million for border services between now and 2025/2026.

(This information comes from the notes regarding this issue from Parliament…so not from the MSM)

Now that’s a lot of money for sitting on your cheeks…..and it is OUR money
This is without adding the cost of accommodation of these illegals who get here.
Once here they get priority over housing, health, they get money….paid for by WHO….you and me!

So tell me you are happy to support the French with YOUR money, for them to renege on their part of the deal!
Because I am not happy for MY money is going over the channel and the French are doing diddly squat for it.

This money should be spent on our own people…not fake refugees who have come through multiple safe countries!
So I am sorry for disagreeing with you, but this is my reason.
Old 25-07-2023, 08:42   #15
Beacon of light

Maybe we should be telling the French that we will deduct £7 million per day(what is cost us to accommodate these illegals) until they get their act together to stop the illegals from getting on the boats.
If this eats all of the promised money then we send them a bill for the remainder.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..