Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2008, 10:13   #31
God Member

Re: How long before first Christmas Decorations are up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Not to mention the dreaded baby showers that have crept in recently.

We'll have to disagree on that one. For me there is nothing about going round to folk's houses, frightening the life out of them and begging for money and sweets that comes under the banner of fun.

You are right when you say that fun can be had without drugs and alcohol though....on halloween when the curtains are drawn and we're pretending we're not in me and the kids will be playing matching pairs or snakes and ladders. Hey, we know how to enjoy ourselves.
there was a time when people conversed and had fun outside .the majority of people should get out and about to make the idiots the minority.they would soon halt their anti-social activities if the majority took a stance but the majority are too busy in their dreamworld dreaming about their perfect world would be like and then complain about things when they do nothing... paint it black
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2008, 11:54   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
there was a time when people conversed and had fun outside .the majority of people should get out and about to make the idiots the minority.they would soon halt their anti-social activities if the majority took a stance but the majority are too busy in their dreamworld dreaming about their perfect world would be like and then complain about things when they do nothing... paint it black
I'm all for outside fun.....days out in Ribchester, afternoons in the park, sunny days spent on Ainsdale beach at Southport are all my idea of outside fun.
Old 20-09-2008, 13:57   #33
God Member

Quote:
I love Christmas when it actually arrives but I don't want to know about it before December.

Before I had children I would put the tree up round about Dec 20th.....now I cave in to pressure and put it up round about Dec 12th.....I can't do it any sooner, I'd go mad!

I take it down on New Year's Day.

Definitely with you on this - used to do the tree on Christmas Eve but have to give in much earlier now.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 15:48   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Suet on it's way.
Now that you mention it, I'm fresh out of suet .... Any xmas recipes that require suet
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 15:50   #35

They should be illegal until 20th December. Anyone seen putting them up is took out by police snipers. And the money saved from the electric bill of the £135,000 worth of lights found on most council houses should go to the G.C.A.N.G. campign.
Old 20-09-2008, 15:51   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Now that you mention it, I'm fresh out of suet .... Any xmas recipes that require suet
Have you used it already? You never told us how the dishes turned out
Old 20-09-2008, 16:13   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
They should be illegal until 20th December. Anyone seen putting them up is took out by police snipers. And the money saved from the electric bill of the £135,000 worth of lights found on most council houses should go to the G.C.A.N.G. campign.
I'd have said illegal until the 1st of January, that way the Council workers could charge double time plus a day in lieu for fitting them during a holiday.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 16:27   #38
Senior Member+

Our Christamas stock at Boots was supposed to go out last monday, I have point blank refused to put it out and the suntan lotion will stay put till at least mid October if I have my way ! ( the Arndale still has Easter decorations hanging up !!!!!)
Old 20-09-2008, 16:51   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Have you used it already? You never told us how the dishes turned out
Actually, not all that bad .... the dumplings were really good, so good that I made them twice. The first batch was the better of the two ... beginners luck. The crust on the hot pot was passable ... need practice here .... however, the steak and kidney pudding was a disaster, altho' the dogs thought it was fantastic .... I will most definitely have to work on this one.

For Christmas, after the I get my tree up (I go out into the bush and cut my own) I think I will try to make a few dishes that I remember: trifle (?), mince pies, maybe I will attempt a cake.

Oh, and to keep on track, it is sort of traditional in this area that folks start thinking of christmas in a big way once halloween is over.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 18:37   #40
Accy Goddess

Quote:
Halloween is one that I absolutely loathe.

I shut my curtains at 4.30pm on the 31st Oct, the doorbell rings incessantly but I never answer it.

Hate Halloween.....go away!
Me to lily.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 23:03   #41
God Member

Quote:
Halloween is one that I absolutely loathe.

I shut my curtains at 4.30pm on the 31st Oct, the doorbell rings incessantly but I never answer it.

Hate Halloween.....go away!

LOVE IT , LOVE IT, LOVE IT........but i think its only because it lasts a day, much prefer it to Xmas , probably for that reason, i hate the fact that Xmas starts in september because retail says it does...!!! i just want to disappear at Xmas like my side of the family who always hotfoot it to Tenerife....so this year we`ll be hotfooting it to Disneyland Paris for Halloween but stuck here for Xmas as usual.....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 23:46   #42
God Member

I would hate to live on a street where houses are lit up like Blackpool.
Those same people will grumble and complain about their fuel bills.
Serve 'em right........HUMBUG!!!!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 00:11   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Awww I think its nice to see folk go to so much effort although i doubt many will be doing it this year the way our economy is at the moment
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 00:15   #44
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
yummy i just love HUMBUGS
Old 21-09-2008, 00:17   #45
white rabbits

Especially the ones with the squidgy centers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..