Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2006, 23:48   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: How many???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Phylum joined this forum, she joined it becuase she likes forums, and is already on other forums that had links to here. She doesn't post because she feels she got abuse and racism.
A nicer, kinder more gentle person I've yet to read in any forum, good luck to her and your forum.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2006, 13:28   #32

well to be totally honist that was my first intention when i joinged i had found a new games site cuz they are all being deleted for the college server so you do work and not play all the time, but i started a convo up and now have got to know how cool you lot are. although i don't post much i still play in the arcade when i decide that i want some ones help i get into posting again and have posted quite alto this and have really enjoyed getting feed bk

Last edited by Dean; 17-03-2006 at 14:38.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 16:29   #33
I am Banned

People forget this is like anywhere in life you have your confident sorts & your shy ones, welcoming new members is polite & friendly introducing the newbie & yourself as respondant. As its the first port of call for newbies its quite reassuring to be welcomed as i was & gradually that person feels at home & more confident to post more, till they get into the swing of things, some people are more talkative posters than others .

Im regular but dont live in here as much as i used to be hence i have to do a catch up to refer to booster postages of introduce yourself welcomes, sorry would rather say hi than feel i couldnt because im behind on postages otherwise i think i would disappear I can appreciate the hard work of moderators cos im one myself on another forum & it isn't an easy job, certainly when as mantrabooks say the forum should be personality/personal vetting, well i use vetting in my forum but mainly for verifying email addys & get to know the person a bit before acceptance being subject to requirements of the group site - but even then its not a guarentee of identity/ID safety!!! Generally moderators job is to maintain status quo within the group, any rules in place adhered to, management of forum activity & stop abuse of the forum & its members & anything else that acccyweb mods need to do within the forum but also human [i think lol]

Again like real life you encounter alsorts why do people think the web is any different

Last edited by accymel; 17-03-2006 at 16:31.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 22:21   #34
Junior Member+

one of the few

i see your point , sort of, but you scare me maybe it,s my age!
haveriggite. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..