Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2010, 19:02   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: How to lose allies ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im not sure but i think mancie had a good effort but then people started getting used to his drunken ramblings and pitty karma was given out as its against accyweb policy to pick on the mentaly disturbed.
don't need any of that, I want to earn my minus points the proper way by people not liking the truth
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2010, 20:33   #32
God Member

Mind you if the rags stories this morning are true about the USA having serious concerns about the extremists in this country GB might be out of the game.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:38   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Mind you if the rags stories this morning are true about the USA having serious concerns about the extremists in this country GB might be out of the game.
Haven't seen that, what was that about ??
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:47   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Haven't seen that, what was that about ??
Heres the snippit from the online paper;

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Al-Qaida: USA raps ‘risky’ UK

There was more in the paper but I didnt bring it home. Aint tried the BBC website yet though.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 21:19   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Heres the snippit from the online paper;

There was more in the paper but I didnt bring it home. Aint tried the BBC website yet though.
think this is the story from last weeks (London) Daily Telegraph

Al-Qaeda threat: Britain worst in western world - Telegraph
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 21:55   #36
God Member

Quote:
im not sure but i think mancie had a good effort but then people started getting used to his drunken ramblings and pitty karma was given out as its against accyweb policy to pick on the mentaly disturbed.
when I found Accyweb, I had a quick look at some of the posts and got the impression that being drunk and mentally disturbed was a pre-condition to joining..I didn't read the rules.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:02   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
when I found Accyweb, I had a quick look at some of the posts and got the impression that being drunk and mentally disturbed was a pre-condition to joining..I didn't read the rules.
aint a pre-condition, but it sure helps.
Old 19-01-2010, 09:04   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aint a pre-condition, but it sure helps.
I thought being sober got you barred on here
Old 19-01-2010, 09:17   #39
God Member

Quote:
are they sending extra troops to protect the troops already there and teh aid workers from been attacked by teh ungreatfull sods which is happening at the moment ?
They are not ungreatfull (sic) ... many haven't eaten for six days .... there is little safe drinking water .... a doctor from Medcens sans Frontiers interviewed on CBC said that they are operating under trees, on plastic sheets spread on the ground ... just about everyone in the major affected areas has lost family members ... they probably just don't know what's happening, because they are not sitting around in front of their 52" tvs watching. Violence is bound to occur ... Remember what happened after Katrina?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:48   #40
God Member

I do hope that if the Yanks offer out Kraft 'Cheese' slices to the Haitians as food aid, our caribbean friends will have the good sense to boycott the said product, and any other food manufactured by this awful company. Lets keep Cadbury British.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 13:23   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
They are not ungreatfull (sic) ... many haven't eaten for six days .... there is little safe drinking water .... a doctor from Medcens sans Frontiers interviewed on CBC said that they are operating under trees, on plastic sheets spread on the ground ... just about everyone in the major affected areas has lost family members ... they probably just don't know what's happening, because they are not sitting around in front of their 52" tvs watching. Violence is bound to occur ... Remember what happened after Katrina?
the eithiopians didnt have 52 inch tvs either yet they rallied round and helped each other as best they coudl considering they were starving to death and as far as i remember rather than attack the people sent to help them they worked with the poeple sent to help them to distribute the aid like food etc and qued up to get vacination shots.What they didnt do was turn on each other like a pack of animals and im pretty sure that if a disaster ever hit the UK the people would rally round together despite how bad the papers woudl have us believe about teh people of today i still think we would rather pull together than turn on each other.After the earthquakes in pakistan people who survived set about digging out and searching for survivors and worked alongside aid workers,after the fires in australia neigbouring towns gave refuge and pulled together to help their fellow man who had lost everthing.

haiti is an unstable and corrupt place at the best of times but surely there is point where even they shoudl realise that its not a good idea to attack people sent to help them and pull together rather than to continue robbing and killing each other because rioting will only acheive more destruction

aid is struggleng to get through so instead of rioting and looting why dont those able to move about help getteh aid through rather than riot

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..