Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 14:49   #16
Senior Member+

Re: How Very Sad

the neighbour realised she hadnt seen him for a while katex...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2008, 14:54   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
the neighbour realised she hadnt seen him for a while katex...
Yes, thanks Emamum, just found another report in the LET .. was Cllr. Got after concerns from a neighbour :-

Huncoat man lay dead at home for up to two years (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Garinda's right, makes you feel a little guilty that it is Accrington, an area which has always been known for friendly neighbours, etc.

Think may hear one or two offshoots from this in media discussions.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 15:03   #18

What a damned shame, very sad.

Not sure how I would feel if it had been one of my neighbours. I don’t think I would be feeling too impressed with myself and feeling guilty to boot.

He may have been a “private” man but 2 years….very sad story
Old 06-08-2008, 16:47   #19
Resting in Peace

The fact that he lived in a terraced property makes it all the more strange, I was brought up in a terraced house and verybody used to know everybody elses business. But its a very sad reflection on how things have changed today.
Old 06-08-2008, 16:51   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The fact that he lived in a terraced property makes it all the more strange, I was brought up in a terraced house and verybody used to know everybody elses business. But its a very sad reflection on how things have changed today.
was thinkin along them lines meself, when i was a kid if some elderly person hadn't been seen fer a couple of days,they were missed, even those who kept to themselves, a sad indictment on today. IMHO.
Old 06-08-2008, 16:56   #21
Resting in Peace

This is a shame and should not have happened
but just a thought if all his bills have been paid by direct debit i take it his pension will have been payed into his account will all this have to be taken back out of the estate ??
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 17:00   #22

Will he get refunds for his bills??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 17:03   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Will he get refunds for his bills??
Not if he left the lights and oven on.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 20:37   #24
God Member

Was on the news about this, it amazes me that not one of the neighbours was concerned earlier. From the report it sounded like he had lived there all his life.
Old 06-08-2008, 20:41   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was on the news about this, it amazes me that not one of the neighbours was concerned earlier. From the report it sounded like he had lived there all his life.
There may be circumstances mitigating the lack of neighbourly response…struggling to think of any off the top of my head tho
Old 06-08-2008, 20:49   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
There may be circumstances mitigating the lack of neighbourly response…struggling to think of any off the top of my head tho
Not bothered would be the only one that springs to mind The newsreaders faces spoke volumes
Old 06-08-2008, 20:51   #27
God Member

The neighbours that were interviewed on the news were all 20,s 30's, 40's probably out at work all day so not seeing him would be normal I suspect, also he had a notice in his window for people to use the back door, another reason why nobody would notice any activity at the house. Its very sad indeed, hermit or not.
Old 06-08-2008, 20:59   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just heard a guy on 9-00 news radio lancs saying he was well known years back n there would probably be a good turn out at his funeral, seems sad they knew him n nobody had seen him fer 2 yrs n nowt was said. i think the good turnout if there is one will be Guilt.
Old 06-08-2008, 23:25   #29
white rabbits

It is so sad when nobody cares,,,, if he has left any money ,,there will suddenly be plenty of so called family and friends ,,,MAKES YOU SICK,,,
Old 06-08-2008, 23:30   #30
God Member

I maybe wrong but I recall the news saying they had only found one relative.

Still its quite sad that he was such a loner for so long. how can the stench have been missed let alone his presence.? It makes your realise neighbourhoods(sp) arent what they used to be.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..