Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 23:35   #31
God Member

Re: How Very Sad

I have only one neighbour here and notice if their lights aren't turned on at night. Sorry but working or not you notice what is happening next door especially for two bloody years!! Think it is absolutely terrible
Old 06-08-2008, 23:37   #32
God Member

My neighbour is a bit of a loner but I know when she is in or out and worry if i dont see her after a few days.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 23:49   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I have only one neighbour here and notice if their lights aren't turned on at night. Sorry but working or not you notice what is happening next door especially for two bloody years!! Think it is absolutely terrible

You're right.

He didn't live in some isolated farm up on the moors, this was a terraced house in Huncoat.

You'd have thought his immediate neighbours might have noticed if a light, or a television, or any other noise, hadn't come from the house next door in those two years.

I'm suprised no one was after his vote in the local elections...let's hope he didn't vote, whilst he was sadly deceased.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 23:57   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You're right.

He didn't live in some isolated farm up on the moors, this was a terraced house in Huncoat.

You'd have thought his immediate neighbours might have noticed if a light, or a television, or any other noise, hadn't come from the house next door in those two years.

I'm suprised no one was after his vote in the local elections...let's hope he didn't vote, whilst he was sadly deceased.
What sort of post was that..........vote?....the mans dead.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 00:00   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Currently there is an investigation into vote rigging, and an abuse of the postal/proxy voting system, after the local elections in May.

Old 07-08-2008, 00:05   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
According to the investigation into vote rigging in the local by-elections yes it could and probably is possible. But hardly think this is the thread to be asking folk questions, a bit of respect would be more in order!!
Old 07-08-2008, 00:23   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
According to the investigation into vote rigging in the local by-elections yes it could and probably is possible. But hardly think this is the thread to be asking folk questions, a bit of respect would be more in order!!
I wasn't being disrespectful.

I was just trying to think who might have tried to contact him in those two years, as apparently his bills were paid by direct debit, and presumably his pension paid into his bank account.

You can sadly imagine this happening in an anonymous big city, not a small Lancashire mill town.

Old 07-08-2008, 00:57   #38
God Member

Quote:

I was just trying to think who might have tried to contact him in those two years, as apparently his bills were paid by direct debit, and presumably his pension paid into his bank account.

You can sadly imagine this happening in an anonymous big city, not a small Lancashire mill town.
I know you weren't being disrespectful. I was answering Royboy's post, could not see the reason for it

Unfortunately nobody spotted that there was no other money than direct debits being used, what a sad world we live in!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:17   #39
God Member

Quote:

So presumably his gas and electric meters haven't been read for two years , but the companies have just been deducting estimated amounts from his account , would have thought that there should have been something in the system to throw up some sign of a red flag .
As others have said , its a sad reflection on todays society
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:51   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
So presumably his gas and electric meters haven't been read for two years , but the companies have just been deducting estimated amounts from his account , would have thought that there should have been something in the system to throw up some sign of a red flag .
As others have said , its a sad reflection on todays society
Although I posted the news report I haven't made a comment on it till now.
Money seems to ,for some strange reason come into the equation.Reminds me of when I worked at Rothwells in Church and a worker dropped dead just after he'd clocked in.The managers response was to make sure the bloke was clocked out.

Sad very Sad.Your not a person your a number.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:06   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Although I posted the news report I haven't made a comment on it till now.
Money seems to ,for some strange reason come into the equation.Reminds me of when I worked at Rothwells in Church and a worker dropped dead just after he'd clocked in.The managers response was to make sure the bloke was clocked out.

Sad very Sad.Your not a person your a number.
That were Jimmy Gent , memory serves the the event happened at the end of lunch break , " has he clocked in".... "aye Jimmy "...."well clock the ****** out , he's not working"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..