Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35   #46
God Member

 
BERNADETTE's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Why do they need seven bedrooms? Whatever happened to kids sharing rooms????
__________________
A PERSON WHO MINDS THEIR OWN BUSINESS WILL ALWAYS BE FULLY EMPLOYED (Cicero)
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41   #47
Full Member
 
mothernature's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Why do they need seven bedrooms? Whatever happened to kids sharing rooms????

The law says a seperate bedroom is required for:

• A Couple
• Someone who is 16 or over
• Two children of same same sex under 16
• Two children of either sex under 10
• A child under 16


Looking at the Local Housing Allowance Rates (used to be Housing Benefit Allowance) I don't see how anyone without kids could afford to rent in the private sector if unemployed. A couple/single person is only allowed 50 allowance. Judging by the average rents charged, you would have to pay 35 out of your Jobseekers Allowance. Maybe I have worked it out wrong, I'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Last edited by mothernature; 08-10-2008 at 11:47.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:50   #48
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
The law says a seperate bedroom is required for:

A Couple
Someone who is 16 or over
Two children of same same sex under 16
Two children of either sex under 10
A child under 16
Ridiculous.

My boys will be in the same room until one of them leaves home. Unless they are going to pay for an extra bedroom for me.
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:05   #49
Full Member
 
mothernature's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Ridiculous.

My boys will be in the same room until one of them leaves home. Unless they are going to pay for an extra bedroom for me.

Technically all homeowners who allow their children to share bedrooms after a certain age are breaking the law. Wonder how the government are going to police that one. You'll be getting fined for not having the correct living facilities. Oh I can see it now. Some muppet in government is thinking it's a good way to screw us even further.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:08   #50
Apprentice Geriatric
 
jambutty's Avatar
 

Cool Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It was actually 26 weeks JB, I went twice, but I went to Bury, on the second occasion I saw the same doctor I saw on the first occasion. He looked at my notes and looked up at me and said "I've seen you before haven't I" I said he had, the last time I came. He just said then "Why are they wasting my time, your time, and their money keep sending you to see me, you aren't going to get better, you are only going to go worse, how true those words were, unfortunately
Much obliged for the correction but after undergoing a carpal tunnel operation on both hands I was sent for after 13 weeks.

Maybe I was just unlucky.
__________________
Thanks for reading. If you have a few minutes to spare please visit my web site at http://popye.bravehost.com
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:10   #51
Administrator


 
Neil's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!
Castle Defender Champion!
Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Technically all homeowners who allow their children to share bedrooms after a certain age are breaking the law. Wonder how the government are going to police that one. You'll be getting fined for not having the correct living facilities. Oh I can see it now. Some muppet in government is thinking it's a good way to screw us even further.
How do I get a 100% grant for a loft conversion then?
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28   #52
Full Member
 
mothernature's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How do I get a 100% grant for a loft conversion then?

Rob a bank. Oops can't do that, they're broke as well
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:41   #53
God Member
 
SPUGGIE J's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Rob a bank. Oops can't do that, they're broke as well

So what about all our cash that Darling n Brown have given em????


Hang on I know the answer they gave it in bonuses to there executives.
__________________

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.


THEY ARE MINE!!!!




SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 13:05   #54
Senior Member+
 
emamum's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Technically all homeowners who allow their children to share bedrooms after a certain age are breaking the law. Wonder how the government are going to police that one. You'll be getting fined for not having the correct living facilities. Oh I can see it now. Some muppet in government is thinking it's a good way to screw us even further.
i thought that was only for boys and girls sharing?
__________________
Like the old woman who lived in a shoe, i have so many children i can't fit the tickers in my signature.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 13:13   #55
Full Member
 
mothernature's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i thought that was only for boys and girls sharing?

Apparently there are also rules about ages of same sex children.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 14:15   #56
Apprentice Geriatric
 
jambutty's Avatar
 

Angry Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Tell me again that Big Brother is not galloping towards us.
__________________
Thanks for reading. If you have a few minutes to spare please visit my web site at http://popye.bravehost.com
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 15:08   #57
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Tell me again that Big Brother is not galloping towards us.
I repeat, big brother is not galloping towards us, he spends too much time checking the rules to do any good in his posts!
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.
Winnie the Pooh
Quotes & quoting
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 15:12   #58
God Member
 
Stanleymad's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Apparently there are also rules about ages of same sex children.

I didnt think that counted either, tho it would prompt a housing crisis as formally a 2 up 2 down would surfice for 2 same gender siblings now would mean a 3 bed house allocation & so forth ....there is a shortage of 4+ bed houses in circulation of the social rented circle for definate!
__________________


ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 15:21   #59
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I didnt think that counted either, tho it would prompt a housing crisis as formally a 2 up 2 down would surfice for 2 same gender siblings now would mean a 3 bed house allocation & so forth ....there is a shortage of 4+ bed houses in circulation of the social rented circle for definate!
Why a fourth bedroom? Which extra gender, are you catering for?

I thought until puberty there were only two genders?
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.
Winnie the Pooh
Quotes & quoting
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 15:26   #60
God Member
 
Stanleymad's Avatar
 

Re: How Will The Government Tackle This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why a fourth bedroom? Which extra gender, are you catering for?

I thought until puberty there were only two genders?

pmsl think the law or law on housing needs asking about that its totally confused me lol ....
__________________


ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.50771 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1