Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2012, 13:07   #1
I am Banned

Hurricane Sandy/THE PERFECT STORM

Hurricane Sandy is closing in on highly populated areas of the US east coast, threatening storm surges and devastating flooding,
Dubbed by some as "Frankenstorm", Sandy is expected to make landfall later on Monday.there are about 25 nuclear power plants in the projected path of hurricane Sandy,Some 60 million people are projected to be impacted by Hurricane Sandy; estimates of damage exceed that of Hurricane Irene at $15 Billion.

The "Frankenstorm" is a convergence of multiple weather events rarely seen in human history.
According to Weather.com, the storm brings together five weather events:

• A Northbound hurricane
• A winter storm front
• A blast of Arctic air from the North
• High tides that worsen flooding
• Combination of high winds and heavy snow

Read more about it over at Natural News..
http://www.naturalnews.com/037717_power ... vival.html

Maybe you want to watch the vicious Hurricane Sandy do her thing, but you don't want to be in the thick of it
The New York City Harbor Cam - Poised on the torch balcony of the Statue of Liberty, this cam provides HD video (and sound) of the Manhattan skyline and New York Harbor.
The Brooklyn Bridge Cam - This HD streaming cam provides live footage of—what else—an aerial view of the Brooklyn Bridge, which spans the East River.
The Atlantic City NJ Cam - This one seems to be under a bit of a heavy load, but when it comes through, it provides a great, up-close view of the surf on the beach at Atlantic City.
The Wildwood NJ Cam - This webcam shows a view of the Wildwoods sign on the Jersey Shore. This one is a bit choppier than the others, but still has a good vantage point.

Some folk say our skies are being programmed, and we're not far behind

Read more: Hurricane Sandy and HAARP | Conspiracy Theories
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2012, 14:06   #2
JFT96

Re: Hurricane Sandy/THE PERFECT STORM

Yes it could be pretty nasty,
but as to HAARP (High Frequency Active Aural Research Program)

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 14:17   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Yes it could be pretty nasty,
but as to HAARP (High Frequency Active Aural Research Program)

I take it your a non believer of the old Research Program/Conspiracy
Old 29-10-2012, 15:16   #4
God Member

Me, I'm going to sit on my front porch with a Bomber and a joint and enjoy the event

Alerts: Kingston, Ontario - The Weather Network

Although, admittedly, it's only a sideshow.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 16:00   #5
Beacon of light

so we must be sceptical when they tell us it is down to global warming then.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 16:01   #6
JFT96

Margaret, I will not be drawn into a Haarp discussion with you two. It seems you have found a fellow believer.
Haarp has been blamed for lots of things, including the explosion of centre fuel tanks inside a Boeing 747, twa800.
I work in a related Boeing product, all this conspiracy talk has not furthered any investigation.
Back on topic, you ask for proof, yet I have not seen any creditable proof ever off a conspiracy website, you tube video etc.
If you really believe mankind can control the forces of nature......I fly in all she has to offer.
Btw I was going to post the 'oh no not this.....again' but could not find a clean version.

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 29-10-2012 at 16:04.
Old 29-10-2012, 16:05   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If it makes em happy,leave em to it.
Old 29-10-2012, 16:13   #8
God Member

Diverting hurricanes was declared possible in 2007

Scientists a step closer to steering hurricanes - Telegraph
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 16:14   #9
Beacon of light

Not me Si - I am not sure I subscribe to the conspiracy theories......but being able to control the weather would be a way of overcoming enemies without them even being aware that there was a war being waged.
It is hard to defeat an enemy when you are battling what you might think is 'Mother Nature' doing the dirty on you.
Old 29-10-2012, 16:17   #10
Beacon of light

so if they can do it...then it begs the question 'Why don't they do it in situations like this?'

Weren't six scientists jailed in Italy for having something to do with the recent earthquakes there?
It is mind boggling.
Old 29-10-2012, 16:19   #11
I am Banned

I think Marg covered what i was thinking ....Many believe that the government created Hurricane Sandy in order to delay the election(not saying it's true)

If weather modification was possible in the 1970's, imagine how far they have come today with all the technology

I'm not a "frequency expert"(FAR FROM)...but i know that everything on this planet runs at a certain frequency...and that frequency can be measured and manipulated.
If a sound wave set at 50 Hz can move your shirt what makes an electromagnetic wave any different, if it wants to move something in the atmosphere?
Old 29-10-2012, 16:20   #12
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Not me Si - I am not sure I subscribe to the conspiracy theories......but being able to control the weather would be a way of overcoming enemies without them even being aware that there was a war being waged.
It is hard to defeat an enemy when you are battling what you might think is 'Mother Nature' doing the dirty on you.
Not you Marg, I meant the other Marg on here, MararetR.

I am not interested in this thread, it is too far fetched for me

Old 29-10-2012, 16:23   #13
Beacon of light

What is the benefit in delaying the election?
Now if you said the weather could make those who currently think Obama is a bag of rubbish think otherwise, I could understand the american government manipulating the weather.

Is it so that he(Obama) can step in like Superman and direct the operations to clear up the mess left by such a storm - maybe to big himself up to those floating(no pun intended) voters?
Or am I just being too whimsical for my own good here?
Old 29-10-2012, 16:31   #14
God Member

Governments are not adverse to experimenting on their own populations - that wouldn't be breaking the UN treaty.

A large natural disaster could provide a financial stimulus to reconstruction in an area, as well as diverting attention from other news ('a good day to bury (other) bad news')
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 16:34   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What is the benefit in delaying the election?
Now if you said the weather could make those who currently think Obama is a bag of rubbish think otherwise, I could understand the american government manipulating the weather.

Is it so that he(Obama) can step in like Superman and direct the operations to clear up the mess left by such a storm - maybe to big himself up to those floating(no pun intended) voters?
Or am I just being too whimsical for my own good here?
Until we know what the aftermath looks like, we aren't going to know what effect it will have on the election, if any.
I for one would like to see obama step into the storm and try blow it away like superman would

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..