Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2003, 07:09   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: Hyndburn BC to sponsor Accrington Stanley

Not sure, littlemo.

There is a worldwide football programme called "Football Mondial". That featured Stanley's promotion run-in last season, and someone told me their relatives had seen it on one of the US stations.

tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2003, 13:04   #17

I am going to watch Accrington Stanley on sky (better get it back )
Rebecca G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2003, 18:31   #18
Senior Member+

Actaully its on Sky Sports 1 on the 10th of August at 17.00 hours English time
Old 16-07-2003, 18:32   #19
Senior Member+

I will be watching it as i have Sky even in Krautland
Old 17-07-2003, 09:33   #20
Junior Member+

I see that over 200 replica shirts were sold in the first couple of days they went on sale. The manufacturers are working round the clock to meet the demand.

Every one of those shirts will be worn with pride. Every one of them will advertise "Hyndburn Borough Council" in big bold white letters.

And some absolute idiot was moaning in the paper the other day that it is a waste of money by the Council!!!!!

: : : : :
Old 17-07-2003, 20:18   #21

would like to get my hands on a shirt, what are they retailing for?
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2003, 01:04   #22
I am Banned

35 quid for adult.. Within the next few days you will be able to buy them online from the accy stanley webpage

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2003, 20:20   #23
Resting in Peace

i think i will have 1 of those  
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2003, 11:11   #24
I am Banned

I just finished the store and made it live.. Now ready for taking orders.

I only made the system. The club are responsible for stocking it.. so if summats not there..ask them not me
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 08:45   #25
Junior Member+

im with you on this one leeeee!
if the money does come from an eu leisure fund there will still be some council busybody (probably several) shuffling paperwork around and looking important,this work for hyndburn bc (very pc that one accrington council would be more to the point) is to promote hbc on a football shirt! why promote hbc are you suddenly going to forget to pay for your local services and nip down to blackburn and start paying blackburn bc instead?
dont forget this eu leisure fund is funded by tax payers ie you and me,and if this fund is aimed at helping/involving kids and accrington stanley fc (a good thing im sure we all agree) how come hbc gets put on the shirt? something is not quite adding up!
anyway before i get off my soapbox i would just like to wish stanley all the best in the new season as my words are in no way aimed at them!
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 10:03   #26
Junior Member+

[quote author=hanchorman link=board=general;num=1056696816;start=0#24 date=07/26/03 at 09:45:14]why promote hbc are you suddenly going to forget to pay for your local services and nip down to blackburn and start paying blackburn bc instead?[/quote]

Of course there is an element of self publicising for Hyndburn Council. Linking the name of the borough to its most famous asset is designed to improve the Council's profile nationally. That way, when the REAL paper pushers in Whitehall are sitting down deciding where to allocate funds, grants etc, they won't in future say

"Hyndburn? Where on earth is that!"

From now on it will be

"Hyndburn? Oh yes Accrington! Let's spend our money there!"

And bringing the Council closer to the people who live in the borough will hopefully be beneficial to both sides.

I'm not a Councillor, by the way. It's just that I know a lot about local government.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..