Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2009, 10:36   #1

Hyndburn Homes

Just got a letter from Hyndburn Homes (re-directed from my old address). Telling me about a new scheme they are going to use for allocating homes, Can't think why they sent this to me, been in this flat (one of Hyndburn Homes) since May......am I so bad they want me to move out already.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:55   #2
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Homes

Posted via Mobile Device could be mac been in touch and wanting to move nearer to the railway - not as far to guide you home after an afternoon with the 3 unwise monkeys +1!! Lol
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 11:03   #3
God Member

Is it about that BwithUs scheme which allows you to apply for transfer to other areas?

If so, I registered with BwithUs several months ago, when Harwood Red told me that this was coming up. You can look on line to register an interest in another home in Hyndburn BlackburnwithD and Rossendale
http://www.b-with-us.com/homedata.asp
The site is only showing the BwithUs in BlackburnwithD at the mo

Last edited by MargaretR; 21-09-2009 at 11:06.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 22:30   #4

[quote=MargaretR;746723]Is it about that BwithUs scheme which allows you to apply for transfer to other areas?

No Margaret..........It's called Choice Based Lettings, it's gonna be like Eavesbrook where you have to bid for properties.
Blackburn with Darwen and Pendle and Rossendale are doing the same thing, if your an applicant with Hyndburn Homes your eligible to be considered for the other areas as well
Old 21-09-2009, 22:41   #5
God Member

I think that 'Choice based lettings' is the term used nationally
Shelter England - Choice-based lettings
I notice that a BwithUs link has appeared on the hyndburn Homes website

Old 22-09-2009, 06:23   #6

Well Margaret, you know me, never check things out........never been on the Hyndburn Homes website. That'll teach me
Old 22-09-2009, 08:52   #7
Resting in Peace

That's all well and good allowing people to bid for different properties, but what about checks on people making the bid. Over the last 2 years we have had an alcoholic living in our block of flats and its been horrendous, the police have never been away, its not so much this guy but the baggage he brings with him, people screaming and shouting at 3 and 4 o'clock in a morning, having to watch one of his cronies stood peeing against a wall at 9-15am, the enforcement officers is never away, but it takes a lot to get rid so I ask why house people like this when they know there could be problems its social engineering gone made
Old 22-09-2009, 09:03   #8
God Member

We had a problem in the block next door but one.
The woman tenant added -
her daughter, her daughter's fella, 2 children, 2 dogs, several cats, and her own manfriend with his dog
in her ONE bedroom flat.

They had habits which included dog fouling and careless rubbish disposal.
Hyndburn Homes eventually evicted them after many warnings - took about a year to achieve.

Just keep complaining.......and hope

Old 22-09-2009, 09:33   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
We had a problem in the block next door but one.
The woman tenant added -
her daughter, her daughter's fella, 2 children, 2 dogs, several cats, and her own man friend with his dog
in her ONE bedroom flat.

They had habits which included dog fouling and careless rubbish disposal.
Hyndburn Homes eventually evicted them after many warnings - took about a year to achieve.

Just keep complaining.......and hope
Th only problem with this guy Margaret is he cleans his act up for about 2 or 3 months,then just as you thought it was safe to go back in the water he falls off the wagon, its like deja vu
Old 22-09-2009, 11:50   #10
God Member

checks are made of prospective tenants but we have limited powers as an RSL (Registered social landlord) to refuse housing.

Also someone being an alcoholic does not exclude them from needing housing.

As for nuisance issues, these are very difficult to deal with as in many cases people are not happy to report it let alone fill in the required paperwork/reports to allow us to take it further.

EVICTON HEARING

Judge: So what evidence do you have that this person is causing intolerable nuisance to his neighbours

Housing: Because we say so!!

Case thrown out

Plus just getting as far as an eviction hearing is time consuming and full of red tape!

By the way I work in the B-with-us team

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 15:50   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
checks are made of prospective tenants but we have limited powers as an RSL (Registered social landlord) to refuse housing.

Also someone being an alcoholic does not exclude them from needing housing.

As for nuisance issues, these are very difficult to deal with as in many cases people are not happy to report it let alone fill in the required paperwork/reports to allow us to take it further.

EVICTON HEARING

Judge: So what evidence do you have that this person is causing intolerable nuisance to his neighbours

Housing: Because we say so!!

Case thrown out

Plus just getting as far as an eviction hearing is time consuming and full of red tape!

By the way I work in the B-with-us team
Well I'm not frightened of filling in any paper work, have been doing it for 18 months, Alcoholics may have a right to social housing but it doesn't give them the right to screw everybody else's lives up who come into contact with them. HH knew this guy had problems so why put him in a block of flats with three other people over 60 one was in is 80's and in poor very health and has sadly died since. They knew the score when they gave him the keys then just sat back and lit the blue touch paper
Old 24-09-2009, 12:04   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I'm not frightened of filling in any paper work, have been doing it for 18 months, Alcoholics may have a right to social housing but it doesn't give them the right to screw everybody else's lives up who come into contact with them. HH knew this guy had problems so why put him in a block of flats with three other people over 60 one was in is 80's and in poor very health and has sadly died since. They knew the score when they gave him the keys then just sat back and lit the blue touch paper
Ooops forgot to note that I don't work for HH!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2009, 16:14   #13

I agree with jaysay there are some real lunatics on my street that need a right good kick up the backside one man smashed his front door down with an axe then next day hyndburn homes were out to but a brand new door in for them

armani is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..