Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2011, 07:46   #196

Re: Hyndburn Homes - security compromised.

Yes thats what they did finally fitted on our block last week and i presume on the rest of the communal doors in the immediate future, why with a bit of forward planning this could not have been done 2 weeks ago is beyond me!
b rawlinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2011, 09:55   #197
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by b rawlinson View Post
Yes that's what they did finally fitted on our block last week and i presume on the rest of the communal doors in the immediate future, why with a bit of forward planning this could not have been done 2 weeks ago is beyond me!
My point is we already had this type of lock on the outside doors before they decided to dispose of them numpties

Last edited by jaysay; 14-08-2011 at 10:04.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:14   #198
Resting in Peace

Well Well Well just signed for my new set of keys, what do I do with the old ones
Old 05-09-2011, 10:26   #199
mez
God Member

humpf, im still waiting for my new locks, i did ask a bloke from h/h when he came round checking to see if the communal lights were working (had reported a few weeks earlier ours in this block wern't working) i said yes they are & when are we getting new locks fitted as i recieved a letter telling me they were starting on 15th august ......... now 5th september he replied oh 2 weeks ago umm & walked away. not a happy bunny.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:37   #200
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
humpf, i'm still waiting for my new locks, i did ask a bloke from h/h when he came round checking to see if the communal lights were working (had reported a few weeks earlier ours in this block aren't working) i said yes they are & when are we getting new locks fitted as i received a letter telling me they were starting on 15th august ......... now 5th september he replied oh 2 weeks ago umm & walked away. not a happy bunny.
Don't think the chap who installed the new locks was very impressed when I told him he had just replaced the same locks that were on in the first place an exercise gross stupidity and a wasting of money, if the powers that be at HH worked in the Private sector they'd be out of a job or go bankrupt in double quick time. useless
Old 05-09-2011, 11:55   #201
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't think the chap who installed the new locks was very impressed when I told him he had just replaced the same locks that were on in the first place an exercise gross stupidity and a wasting of money, if the powers that be at HH worked in the Private sector they'd be out of a job or go bankrupt in double quick time. useless
I thought HH are in the private sector
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06   #202
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well Well Well just signed for my new set of keys, what do I do with the old ones
Have you got one key per lock, or two per lock?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 14:00   #203
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Both doors will have the same lock won't they? Or are they really that useless as to make the 2 outer doors have different keys? The difference in cost for key cutting would have more than paid for keyed alike locks and been much more convenient for the residents.

Our front, back and garage door all have the same mortice key. It is so much easier just having one key.
Old 05-09-2011, 14:49   #204
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Both doors will have the same lock won't they? Or are they really that useless as to make the 2 outer doors have different keys? The difference in cost for key cutting would have more than paid for keyed alike locks and been much more convenient for the residents.

Our front, back and garage door all have the same mortice key. It is so much easier just having one key.
The locks in our block were the first to be done.
The front and back locks are different - we were given one key for each lock - I wasn't asked to sign for them.

When it comes to 'convenient for residents' - I don't think it gets considered.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 15:34   #205
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
The locks in our block were the first to be done.
The front and back locks are different - we were given one key for each lock - I wasn't asked to sign for them.

When it comes to 'convenient for residents' - I don't think it gets considered.

I would probably have had all the new locks master keyed as well so HH only needed one key to open all the outside doors
Old 05-09-2011, 17:38   #206
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I thought HH are in the private sector
Forget that, if they were they'd make money not waste it
Old 05-09-2011, 17:39   #207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Two Mez
Old 05-09-2011, 17:48   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Don't be silly Neil, this is HH your talking about, two different locks one a dead lock with a fly button on the inside (like the locks they took off), and the rear door is a Yale which has to be opened with a key no matter what time of day or night it is, as you can't keep it permanently unlocked maybe so nobody can put the snap down at night meaning you can't enter even with a key, why they need this type of lock I'll never know totally inadequate for the job. Mind you at least it does work, the new lock on the front door doesn't, it won't lock either with the fly button or the key, you couldn't make it up, its like Fred karno's circus
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37   #209
mez
God Member

hooray !!! iv'e had the lock fitted but only the rear door, apparently its a different type of door so the lad had to order a different lock aahh well looks like it could be 4 keys for me ..ive got 2 now 1 for use 1 for spare .....hey & they both work in my lock
Old 09-09-2011, 17:57   #210
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
hooray !!! iv'e had the lock fitted but only the rear door, apparently its a different type of door so the lad had to order a different lock ahh well looks like it could be 4 keys for me ..ive got 2 now 1 for use 1 for spare .....hey & they both work in my lock
Well I've already got both NEW LOCKS Mez but as I said before one is now locked permanently because you need the blood key to get in that door, which is a ball acher and is already causing problems and I don't think the postie is over pleased either, typical HH couldn't organise a pee up in a brewery, if they have left the flaming locks alone in the first place everything would have been fine, bloody useless, the trouble is there is nobody who actually works for HE lives in any off their properties if they did they'd soon find out how handy a bit of common sense would be

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..