Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2011, 08:52   #91
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Homes - security compromised.

They may have removed the mention of the TSA as it is due to be abolished but can't remember the exact date but some time next year if I remember right

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2011, 08:54   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
They may have removed the mention of the TSA as it is due to be abolished but can't remember the exact date but some time next year if I remember right
Sad news - will any statutory body replace it or are housing associations getting '007' status

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 09:12   #93
God Member

PS - the Hyndburn Homes website has never mentioned TSA.
I only found out it exists when I wanted to find out if their conduct had been examined anywhere.

Lancs Ev Tel photographer has visited - 'reporter will phone you'

Old 31-07-2011, 09:14   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The stairwell is not exposed to the elements, and could be done without any disruption to residents.
There is no way anybody would use dry walling in a communal place Margaret, because of the wear and tear, the world and his wife use communal areas, and there would be holes everywhere, example a postie carrying a full bag upstairs, its totally uneconomical and never used anywhere
Old 31-07-2011, 09:23   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There is no way anybody would use dry walling in a communal place Margaret, because of the wear and tear, the world and his wife use communal areas, and there would be holes everywhere, example a postie carrying a full bag upstairs, its totally uneconomical and never used anywhere
Impractical? - no
Available? - yes - melamine board mounted on studwork with insulation in the gap.
Exterior Wall Panels - China Anti-Fade Melamine Board,Trespa,Exterior Decoration Materials in Other Building & Decoration Materials
The favourable combination of flexural strength and elasticity make the panel material highly impact resistant. It is therefore highly suitable for application in environments that are exposed to vandalism.Graffiti can easily be removed without altering the properties of Melamine board.
Safe fire behaviour:
In a fire, Melamine board does not melt, drip or explode and retains its stability for a long time.
Key European testing bodies have awarded Melamine board FR grade the most favourable classifications for organic material fire behaviour.

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-07-2011 at 09:26.
Old 31-07-2011, 09:32   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Impractical? - no
Available? - yes - melamine board mounted on studwork with insulation in the gap.
Exterior Wall Panels - China Anti-Fade Melamine Board,Trespa,Exterior Decoration Materials in Other Building & Decoration Materials
The favourable combination of flexural strength and elasticity make the panel material highly impact resistant. It is therefore highly suitable for application in environments that are exposed to vandalism.Graffiti can easily be removed without altering the properties of Melamine board.
Safe fire behaviour:
In a fire, Melamine board does not melt, drip or explode and retains its stability for a long time.
Key European testing bodies have awarded Melamine board FR grade the most favourable classifications for organic material fire behaviour.
Margaret, believe me, when you've actually tried it it is very very impractical, Melamine Board is a totally different thing all together its not plasterboard, seeing we were talking about drywalling which you brought up, in as much as you said, there's not much plaster used on the walls, you've moved the goal posts Having said that are you sure you were never a politician
Old 31-07-2011, 09:35   #97
God Member

Insulation to a single brick wall in a heavily trafficked area is possible.
It was Neil who suggested internal fibreboard/plasterboard.
This alternative is the solution - why didn't one of you chaps consider it?

Old 31-07-2011, 09:37   #98
God Member

Quote:
Sad news - will any statutory body replace it or are housing associations getting '007' status
it will be replaced up to now by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). This will supposedly give more powers to local gvt to again have more say over local housing... how this will work with all the other changes too I don't know

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 09:38   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
it will be replaced up to now by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). This will supposedly give more powers to local gvt to again have more say over local housing... how this will work with all the other changes too I don't know
Thanks for the valuable and useful info you are supplying - karma sent

Old 31-07-2011, 10:05   #100
God Member

The new government body (mentioned by Harwood Red) will still be monitoring the backlog of homes which have not achieved th Decent Homes Standard

Existing stock | Homes and Communities Agency (HCA)
"Meeting the Decent Homes Standard

The 2010 Spending Review settlement made £1.6bn available to local authority landlords - including those with housing stock managed by ALMOs - to help tackle the backlog of homes that are not meeting the Decent Homes Standard. A total of 46 local authority and ALMO landlords will receive backlog funding over the next four years to help refurbish around 150,000 homes.

The Government also allocated another £510m to fund the existing Large Scale Voluntary Transfer (LSVT) Gap Funding Programme. Twenty-four stock transfer organisations will benefit from this additional gap funding, which will contribute towards the cost of bringing poor value housing transferred from local authorities up to the Decent Homes Standard.
Our role

We administer the Decent Homes Backlog Programme on behalf of our sponsor department, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), assessing funding bids from local authorities before making recommendations to ministers on allocations. We continue to work with landlords to maximise the impact of the available funding through our enabling role, helping them to complete their Decent Homes programmes as quickly and cost effectively as possible."

Old 31-07-2011, 10:23   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Insulation to a single brick wall in a heavily trafficked area is possible.
It was Neil who suggested internal fibreboard/plasterboard.
This alternative is the solution - why didn't one of you chaps consider it?
It certainly is possible but very very impractical, believe me, been there do it got the T shirt, the cost is inhibitive
Old 31-07-2011, 10:44   #102
God Member

I've found a hitch

I have downloaded this pdf document
NAO Review of the Decent Homes Programme | Homes and Communities Agency (HCA)
....and there is a snag - Housing associations report their own progress and their compliance with The Decent Homes Standard is not a legal requirement !!!!

There are shortcomings in the data on Programme progress
Local authorities and Registered Social Landlords report progress using two different sets of returns. The Department determines what information is required of authorities and the Tenant Services Authority10 does the same for Registered Social Landlords. In determining the level of information required on Decent Homes, both the Department and the regulator aimed to minimise the administrative burden on these. In particular, they were mindful that Registered Social Landlords are independent, private sector bodies, whose compliance with the Standard is not a legal requirement and the majority of whom were being asked to implement the Standard at their own cost. Therefore, Registered Social Landlords are required to provide much less information than local authorities.

Old 31-07-2011, 10:51   #103
Beacon of light

Margaret, it might be a hitch, but I am sure that if you get some decent publicity for your concerns(contact the Observer too) then I am sure HH(and who-ever owns them) will not be over pleased at the adverse publicity. Contact Graham Jones too......I am sure that would do no harm to your cause.
I know you to be a tenacious lady, and I feel they have chosen the wrong person to tangle with. More power to your elbow Margaret. I hope you knock the spots off 'em.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 10:55   #104
Senior Member+

Just read through this thread and I hope that you get some were with this MargaretR.
I find it awful that they have taken the locks off.
We should all be able to feel safe in our own homes.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 11:05   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, it might be a hitch, but I am sure that if you get some decent publicity for your concerns(contact the Observer too) then I am sure HH(and who-ever owns them) will not be over pleased at the adverse publicity. Contact Graham Jones too......I am sure that would do no harm to your cause.
I know you to be a tenacious lady, and I feel they have chosen the wrong person to tangle with. More power to your elbow Margaret. I hope you knock the spots off 'em.
I emailed the Observer on Thursday night and have had no response.
My neighbour has had email exchanges with Graham Jones.
We can't expect miracles in just 3 days but when the Ev Telegraph increases awareness things might start moving - which incidently I might too - got my eye on a one bedroom bungalow in Gt Harwood.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..