Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2004, 12:44   #91

Re: Hyndburn Life ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Just had a look myself, it does rather seem to be a bit of a "one size fits all" sort of thing. And to think that hyndburnlife and the HBC website are costing us £130,000 this year. How much does it cost to run Accyweb? I would bet that it is nowhere near £130,000. Value for money services - don't make me laugh. HBC wouldn't recognise value for money if it jumped up and offered to buy them an ice-cream!
Well if it costs so much, maybe they should outsource it...perhaps to Roy? I'm sure he could run it for half the price...There Mr. Britcliffe...instant 50% savings!!!!

Then it could be allied to Accy Web and run properly!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2004, 16:27   #92
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
No, I think he is just one of the Yobbish fraternity who seem to be genetically incapable of having a discussion without turning it into a confrontation.

I mean..."where is Knuzden?"...puh-leaze!
I thought he might be from Knuzden because at the time he posted that there wasn't a Knuzden forum.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 20:16   #93
Beacon of light

It is NOWHERE near as good as the Accyweb site......I think it may be funded by some £££££ from the European Social Fund...... maybe you should think about putting in a bid to see if there is any ESF money left.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 00:17   #94
Always EVIL within us

Thumbs down Re: Hyndburn Life ?

For those that thought that Hyndburnlife would be a threat to the Accy web but are unable to "log on," it is an embarrassment to Lancashire/Accrington and yet another display of wasted money by the H.B.C.!! What a waste of (internet)space!

They have a link to the "Victorian Market" in Accy, but decline to make a comment about it!, many other links contain little or no information on the web site! Many options available to "Accy web" users such as "report" "smileys" or "Karma" are totally missing from the site!

Despite using "our" money to advertise the site, I would estimate that no more than 8 people have joined in the forum section, and 6 of those were Accy members waiting to "wind up" the forum!

We have "Mike" who will explain to all that do not yet possess a P.C. how to buy one and what to go for, and how to go "on the net? " Err, Mike, better get on the phone to explain that to people that are not on the net!

Do they have moderators to keep things clean? I don't think so, Do they have a "Roy?" to ensure that the moderators keep to the rules? I don't think so!

This site is so typical of the H.B.C, I would LOVE to hear the report from the person responsible to the H.B.C, as to how the site is doing , WHO is he or she? Await their response as to how £30.000 is spent on a site that is so uninformative!..........?
Old 25-10-2004, 07:58   #95
Resident Waffler

£30,000 would be bad enough but it's £130,000 which I find unbelievable.

White elephant?

Old 25-10-2004, 08:01   #96
mez
God Member

that is totally unbelieveble ??? wow , willow,when are they going to learn PLEASE.
Old 25-10-2004, 08:19   #97
God Member

Believe it or not, but it's in the published accounts under "e-government initiatives".
Old 25-10-2004, 08:23   #98
Always EVIL within us

Red face Re: Hyndburn Life ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
£30,000 would be bad enough but it's £130,000 which I find unbelievable.

White elephant?
Oh....Did I miss a "1" out??
Old 25-10-2004, 16:47   #99
God Member

has anyone here written to HBC to enquire about a breakdown of costs for this malarky, togeather with a scource of funding?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 17:42   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
has anyone here written to HBC to enquire about a breakdown of costs for this malarky, togeather with a scource of funding?
Do you really believe that you'll get an honest answer...or any answer?

You've got about as much chance as a snowball in hell Tealeaf!
Old 26-10-2004, 16:21   #101
God Member

I bet Britciffes lurking around on the Hyndburnlite. site feeling really pleased with himself because no complaints are being posted up.....
Old 27-10-2004, 05:05   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I bet Britciffes lurking around on the Hyndburnlite. site feeling really pleased with himself because no complaints are being posted up.....
Do you honestly believe that he's capable of doing such a thing....reading I mean!
Old 27-10-2004, 13:55   #103
God Member

Well if his reading ability is on a par with his maths he probably comes away from here believing that we are all 123% percent behind him.
Old 27-10-2004, 14:39   #104
God Member

Anyway, to change the subject slightly - Whose tastebuds are currently tickled? Who fancies popping into Accy for a delicious donner kebab, or maybe going up Ossy for a spicey Indian? Or maybe even splashing the boat out, and having a tradtional Italian Pizza from Church's famous Michelin-starred (it soon will be) trattoria, Monty's.

The problem is, you can't make up your mind. But don't worry - help is now at hand, to help you with those oh-so-difficult choices. Here's what you do:

1) Get yourself logged on to the Hyndburnlite site.

2) Click on "Leisure".

3) Scroll down to "Eating Out", and click.

What do you see?

"EATING OUT IN BOLTON"

What a splendid advertisement for Hyndburn!
Old 28-10-2004, 08:42   #105
Resident Waffler

That would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Someone said that the site is full of information - I wonder if they have actually looked beyond the so-called links.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..